• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GT5:P US/EU details (~30 new vehicles, new track, split screen, tuning, etc)

avaya said:
I hope Drivers of the World unite means what I think it means!

Team Europe vs. Team Asia vs. Team North America vs. Team South America!

That shit would be so fucking hot.

That's always been Kaz's plan for the online mode. He wants it to be a global community since GT is one of the few racing games it's truly big all over the world.

wotter

some more:

GT5_Prologue-PlayStation_3Screen-5.jpg

GT5_Prologue-PlayStation_3Screen-3.jpg

GT5_Prologue-PlayStation_3Screen-2.jpg

GT5_Prologue-PlayStation_3Screen-1.jpg

GT5_Prologue-PlayStation_3Screensho.jpg

GT5_Prologue-PlayStation_3Screen-4.jpg

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Oh my God at the latest screens, WTF?!

-viper-

Banned
FUCK 1080P. It is so overrated.

Give me 720p and AA. I've seen many games (720p) on a 50' Plasma and they've looked absolutely beautiful.

Niks

avaya said:
I hope Drivers of the World unite means what I think it means!

Team Europe vs. Team Asia vs. Team North America vs. Team South America!

That shit would be so fucking hot.

Sign me up on team South America!!! Heh

Edit: holy shit @ screens!!
carbon fiber Ford GT *dies

Goldrusher

-viper- said:

Give me 720p and AA. I've seen many games (720p) on a 50' Plasma and they've looked absolutely beautiful.

GT5 @ 1080p = 1280x1080 (no typo) + 2xAA
GT5 @ 720p = 1280x720 + 4xAA

Ranger X

-viper- said:

Meh, who cares. They pimp their 1080p just because it's technically impressive and look great in a PR. It a feature that is part of those "because we can" stuff. It's not all important and you can play the game in the res you want.

oldergamer

The game looks great, but why get so excited over the bullshots? We see bull shots like this in car games from the replay camera all the time. We should be getting excited over the in game shots, shouldn't we?...

h3ro

SolidSnakex said:
Doesn't Clarkson love the Ford GT?

Watch last season... that damn thing broke down on him so many times he got rid of it. every show began with an update or crack on the car. One repeat problem he had was the car alarm would go off and call the police randomly. One time the alarm went off and they told him his car was stolen, while it was in his garage with him sitting in it.

He ditched it and picked up the Gallardo Spyder...

SolidSnakex said:
Kaz actually owns 2 of them.

I read that on the inside of Road & Track too :p

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
oldergamer said:
The game looks great, but why get so excited over the bullshots? We see bull shots like this in car games from the replay camera all the time. We should be getting excited over the in game shots, shouldn't we?...

Half the fun for me is racing. The other half is watching me race with instant replay.

These screens look awesome once again.:)

One question though. One of the trailers I saw featured some cars jumping. The behaviour of the cars looked a bit stiff and floaty when jumping and landing. Has anyone here that played the GT5P noticed this for themselves?

Edit: And is there any news on whether PD is going to update the physics with further patches?

h3ro

SolidSnakex said:
Heh his car collection is rather sick. He recently got a red GT-R, you can see him driving it in a recent video uploaded to PSN.

I can't wait to see the JGTC/Super GT versions of that car...

Wow, I think I'm more excited for this game than I am for GTAIV...

oldergamer

chubigans said:
Half the fun for me is racing. The other half is watching me race with instant replay.

I agree with you on that, but the screen shots we're seeing are snapshots from reply with super AA and different lighting. The replay when you're playing the game doesn't look nearly as clean as these screen shots.

PjotrStroganov said:
These screens look awesome once again.:)

One question though. One of the trailers I saw featured some cars jumping. The behaviour of the cars looked a bit stiff and floaty when jumping and landing. Has anyone here that played the GT5P noticed this for themselves?

I'm guessing you're talking about Eiger. Here's a gameplay video of the F430 jumping.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=fOQnUoq6NqQ

Thunderbear

Mawio Gawaxy iz da Wheeson hee pways games
oldergamer said:
I agree with you on that, but the screen shots we're seeing are snapshots from reply with super AA and different lighting. The replay when you're playing the game doesn't look nearly as clean as these screen shots.

Is that Peter Moore in your avatar?

I think people have stated a million times that these shots have added AA, making them bullshots in the AA department, but we've seen and played it in motion. There doesn't really need to be any argument as to how awesome this game looks, does there?

4x at 720p with these graphics is incredible feat IMO, that is at the very top end what has been produced so far this gen.

SolidSnakex said:
I'm guessing you're talking about Eiger. Here's a gameplay video of the F430 jumping.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=fOQnUoq6NqQ

Yes I was talking about Eiger. It was replay footage (PR footage) shot from the outside of an Exige jumping. I have some difficulty seeing it in your footage but the jump in the end doesn't seem to have the amount of impact it should have. This of course, could be the result of the relative little amount of camera movement that is caused by g-forces but I'm still a bit apprehensive about it. Surely this sounds like nitpicking but for me it looks that little bit of the old GT4 physics is still in there.

Top Bottom