• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA 5 for $29 (Nuuvem) | Hola VPN | NO Region Lock for Activation

Compsiox

Banned
untitledles7g.png
***More Keys before launch

Link:
http://www.nuuvem.com.br/produto/2086-grand-theft-auto-v

Hola VPN:
http://hola.org/
-Change to Brazil or Chile
-Turn off before paying through Paypal

So far it works if you live in:
US, UK, Spain,.... (available from more countries not listed yet)

Troubleshooting:
These are the steps for Nuuvem, seeing that so many are having problems:

- Turn on Hola, choose brazil
- Add the game to cart, choose paypal as payment method
- Before clicking "Pay Now", disable Hola or don't, it doesn't matter.
For those who want to use a real VPN if Hola no work:
http://download.cnet.com/VPN-Gate-Client-Plug-in-with-SoftEther-VPN-Client/3000-2144_4-75886069.html
-No bullshit secret programs/bloatware
-Very easy install/uninstall
****Possible bloatware on page itself. Program is ZIP not exe.****
****Attention Australian Gamers****
For Australian gamers, you can preorder the game with 30% discount from greenmangaming.

But of course the code is only work on Rockstar Social Club not Steam.

Anyway use this code GMGAUS-30J9MF-MUINWW for 30% discount.

jediyoshi

Still up in the air given that they're different DRMs and that specific warning is inconsistent, are there other RSC only games to reference?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Fine. Wouldn't they give a refund if it does end up being region locked?

No, as the game isn't supposed to be purchaseable by those outside of Brazil. That's why the VPN is needed.

That being said, there is no BR-specific sub on Steam and none of R*'s previous games have been region-locked to Brazil, so there's a good chance GTAV isn't, either, but nobody can say for sure until someone outside of Brazil attempts to activate their Nuuvem-supplied key.

Rodin

I'm tempted, but i have the entire saga on Steam and i kinda want this on Steam too. What to do, what to do.
No, as the game isn't supposed to be purchaseable by those outside of Brazil. That's why the VPN is needed.

That being said, there is no BR-specific sub on Steam and none of R*'s previous games have been region-locked to Brazil, so there's a good chance GTAV isn't, either, but nobody can say for sure until someone outside of Brazil attempts to activate their Nuuvem-supplied key.

Hmm i don't think it's region-locked either but yeah, i'll wait until it's confirmed. In the mean time, i'll have some time to decide whether to buy this on Steam or on Nuuvem (if it's region free). Thanks.

Compsiox

Banned
No, because the game isn't supposed to be purchaseable by those outside of Brazil. That's why the VPN is needed.

That being said, there is no BR-specific sub on Steam and none of R*'s previous games have been region-locked to Brazil, so there's a good chance GTAV isn't, either, but nobody can say for sure until someone outside of Brazil activates their key.

That's what I thought. I guess I'll wait until the 13th.

jediyoshi

I think someone contacted Nuuvem and they basically said if you use VPN to bypass the region lock and can't activate the game then you are on your own. No help from them.

You can get a refund if you had to use a VPN to purchase. The actual issue is whether you can get a refund after the keys are sent out, which is generally no for any redistributor.

Compsiox

Banned
You can get a refund if you had to use a VPN to purchase. The actual issue is whether you can get a refund after the keys are sent out, which is generally no for any redistributor.

I think Rockstar is obligated to release information on Region Lock before release. You could take advantage of the deal. If they announce it's not allowed then get the refunds before release.

Well you can only find out if you can't activate the game after the key has been sent out, isn't it? :p

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I think Rockstar is obligated to release information on Region Lock before release. You could take advantage of the deal. If they announce it's not allowed then get the refunds before release.

It's not obliged to inform Nuuvem of anything, nor is Nuuvem obliged to inform people of that information, when the product is not intended for sale to international users, which has been the case since the game went up for purchase. The reason Nuuvem is overzealous about region-locking purchases these days is precisely because Deep Silver didn't inform Nuuvem until the eleventh hour that SR4 keys would be activation-locked to Brazil, which lead to Nuuvem putting international orders on hold until Deep Silver sent through region-free keys.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
you really should at least mention in the OP that its NOT a steam key since thats a big deal for a lot of people. The amount of times Ive seen poeple buy stuff on GMG for example and then cry that its not a steam key is legendary

jediyoshi

Well you can only find out if you can't activate the game after the key has been sent out, isn't it? :p

The onus is on you for having bypassed their restriction to buy it in the first place. If you were able to purchase it normally, you're already assumed unaffected.

Compsiox

Banned
you really should at least mention in the OP that its NOT a steam key since thats a big deal for a lot of people. The amount of times Ive seen poeple buy stuff on GMG for example and then cry that its not a steam key is legendary

They could just look at the picture in OP which is more noticeable than everything else.

dex3108

Nuuvem GTA V keys are out. Please write if game can be activated without issues, and when you download game check files and see if all language files are there. :D

Hektor

Nuuvem GTA V keys are out. Please write if game can be activated without issues, and when you download game check files and see if all language files are there. :D

I could activate the key without trouble and i am downloading now. Cant say anything about the language files though, the download will take me a few days.

Seanspeed

Banned
I don't understand how this works. I've downloaded the GTAV_Setup_Tool file but it's asking me how I want to open it. I tried opening the file, but it doesn't lead me to any EXE file or anything.

I'm not sure what's going on.

Denton

I don't understand how this works. I've downloaded the GTAV_Setup_Tool file but it's asking me how I want to open it. I tried opening the file, but it doesn't lead me to any EXE file or anything.

I'm not sure what's going on.

Uh, I just ran it and it started installation and download of the game.
Already at 3GB downloaded.

Xyber

Wait, why? I just bought MKX and I'm not sure if I disabled my Hola/Brazil thing when I checked out.

Am I fucked?

No, Hola is only active on the page you activated it for. You have to enable it for every new page you visit, so it wasn't enabled on Paypal.

Dambrosi

Banned
Well, the installer's in lots of languages, including English, if that helps.

Oh wow, 60GB. This is gonna take a while.

Wait, why? I just bought MKX and I'm not sure if I disabled my Hola/Brazil thing when I checked out.

Am I fucked?

I didn't do this, either.

I think you are fine. At best, Paypal may think that someone is accessing your account in Brazil and decide to lock it.

I'm downloading it before buying. Will I be able to put the key in before starting it up?

I have no idea, but I guess you will.

Top Bottom