• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA 5 Ships 70 Million Copies

-MD-

One day I'll get around to finishing it.

Spent like 20 hours in single player and dropped it for other games.

Have never played V.
Maybe ill jump in if theres a BF deal on it.

Is Mp char creation still awful?
Or do you finally have direct control of your edits?

What's especially crazy is that I've never seen a new current-gen console version for less than $40 (Canadian), and it's usually still $60-70 at most retailers here.

70 million in sales plus its still keeping a really strong price at retail and that's not even counting the money they have made from GTA Online.

Its just a monster!

Anth0ny

Where's the sp DLC at ??

Such a shame the world they created felt pretty underused, for a sp guy like myself.

It's a case of opportunity cost at a ridiculous scale.

Why spend X on single player DLC to make Y when they could spend 1/2X on GTA Online DLC to make 4Y?

they'd make a killing on single player DLC. that much is obvious. but they'd make more on online stuff, and spend less money doing so -_-

jambo

Isnt that like 2x more than Wii U consoles?

SEfsPOa.png

anthraxus

Banned
Went back to play Gay Tony after beating 5 and realized 4 didn't have the bullshit health regeneration like 5 did. Also the physics and driving seemed much better than in 5.

Muffdraul

I used to applaud these GTA V sales updates, now I'm just bitter that all of the unwashed heathen masses have killed single player DLC. Thanks a lot, you easily amused fuckers.

Get ready for a long wait then.
Lol i kid. I was joking about how that will probably never happen. I played and beat it on release for PS3 but traded it in right after. Kinda regretting never getting into the MP. I was actually kinda hoping for a sale at some point for the remaster so I could jump back in for the MP. Looks like itll never happen tho.

anthraxus

Banned
It's a case of opportunity cost at a ridiculous scale.

Why spend X on single player DLC to make Y when they could spend 1/2X on GTA Online DLC to make 4Y?

they'd make a killing on single player DLC. that much is obvious. but they'd make more on online stuff, and spend less money doing so -_-

They're already making tons regardless. Now they're just being greedy and can fuck right off then.

Since I'm already sipping on that Haterade from the BioShock Infinite thread, has anyone stopped by to talk about bad the main campaign is? Because it's pretty damn bad.

thelastword

Banned
And it will sell even more copies with a Pro patch. I haven't bought the game, many people have not. Didn't get it last gen, haven't got it now....I'm due to play a GTA game though.

EGM1966

Wow. That's pretty damn amazing.

Not really my cup of tea (didn't like previous GTAs) but actually rather liked GTA V when I played it. Wish there was more do to in subs for some reason.

I don't like their lack of clarify on what platforms will ultimately be supported at times (glares at RDR2) but can't deny with GTA R* have created a huge and influential phenomenon.

I presume they're gonna deliver Pro and Scorpio patches and drive ever more interest/sales? I mean why not?

I'm really damn curious what total GTAV revenue is. All copies combined as well as GTA Online purchases. We will likely never know the figure but it has to be ENORMOUS

Peterthumpa

So, we're talking about a gross performance of roughly US$ 3.5 BILLION when doing the math with the game going for $49.99? Is my math right?

bomma_man

I hope they invest that money into single player mission design (or at least pay for office copies of MGSV and Deus Ex) but they won't.

MCN

Banned
I hope they invest that money into single player mission design (or at least pay for office copies of MGSV and Deus Ex) but they won't.

When either of those games sell anywhere near this amount, maybe they'll have a reason to give a shit. It pisses me off in every GTA thread when people are moaning that such-and-such a game does X, Y and Z better. Nobody fucking cares. You're not fucking special for liking a different game.

Akronis

When either of those games sell anywhere near this amount, maybe they'll have a reason to give a shit. It pisses me off in every GTA thread when people are moaning that such-and-such a game does X, Y and Z better. Nobody fucking cares. You're not fucking special for liking a different game.

Uhhh wow calm down. Apparently it's not OK to criticize GTAV?

No one gives a shit that you don't care. People will always compare systems of games to other games. That's how it works.

Top Bottom