• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA 5 Ships 70 Million Copies

Savantcore

Unconfirmed Member
3138320-actual_1475585188.jpg

Take-Two Interactive, the parent company of Rockstar Games and 2K Games, reported earnings today for its fiscal Q2 2017 (ended September 30), providing an update on the company's business outlook. Among the key takeaways was that Grand Theft Auto V has sold-in 70 million copies (up from 65 million), while its online mode, GTA Online, continues to grow. Additionally, Mafia III shipped 4.5 million copies in its first week, while NBA 2K17 sold-in 4.5 million copies since its launch in September. Further, total shipments of games in the Civilization series have now reached 37 million copies (up from 35 million) in its history.

More at the source

Makes me wonder if Rockstar will ever use the GTA money and go back to doing smaller side-dish IP again. I mean, Bully and Midnight Club were good games, and they now have a lot more money to play with than they did back then.

100% deserving of it. I play GTA Online daily, and have done so for over three years. I've bought it three times and spent $60 in GTA Online Shark cards, and that has nowhere near approached the value I've gleaned from it. It's in my top three favourite games of all time and I don't think I'll ever stop playing it.

The world of GTA V is also the most beautiful, well-designed & looking open world ever.

It's my dream game.

Ultimadrago

Very nice! I need to replay the game, but just haven't had the time between other titles.

Also, this doesn't mean I forgive you for the lack of story DLC Rockstar!

Tens of millions of dollars or My Respect? You have to choose one.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
WOW.

and barring a few instances where the price dropped, GTA V on PS4/XB1 is still selling on near-full price.

R* must be rolling in some thick thick dough.

Mr Swine

Banned
I wonder if they will release it on Switch, they could sell a few million. I know I would be happy to play it on the go

And people wonder why Nintendo hardware bombs. Switch better pray it gets the next GTA. With those kind of numbers, if your hardware can't play the next GTA you might as well not exist.

Top Bottom