• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA 6 just got leaked (Up: confirmed real)

Star-Lord

You know, a lot of people get excited by leaks and shit, but something like this is just downright fucking disgusting. Hacking servers to illegally obtain information and leaking the products - work that people have put time, effort, and money into producing - is shady as fuck, and we should not be applauding or commending it.

Cyborg

You know, a lot of people get excited by leaks and shit, but something like this is just downright fucking disgusting. Hacking servers to illegally obtain information and leaking the products - work that people have put time, effort, and money into producing - is shady as fuck, and we should not be applauding or commending it.
I agree.

Warablo

what is it? all i've heard is it's "Bonnie & Clyde inspired" but that hardly tells us what the storyline is going to be.
Think it will be a lot of small robberies of various stores. Think they might be some vicious people too based on the leak of her shooting a person, to show they're serious. Think there might be a section where they break up and fight too. I think there might be a third minor MC with dreads that plays some kind of role in the story.

Last edited:
Think it will be a lot of small robberies of various stores. Think they might be some vicious people too based on the leak of her shooting a person, to show they're serious. Think there might be a section where they break up and fight too. I think there might be a third minor MC with dreads that plays some kind of role in the story.
sounds interesting. we might get some bigger robberies kinda like the heists in V. maybe not as big as that but still something that will require planning and maybe recruiting a gang. if the cuba rumor is true (not sure if the leaks confirmed it) then that's interesting. i saw some stuff about selling drugs or overdosing. maybe we will be drug dealers too. both of them could start off together but build their own organisation of criminals. apparently there is a time skip too so maybe that will show how far they've risen.

Portugeezer

Funny Dog GIF by MOODMAN

Now I understand why some guys play as female mains 👀

Tommi84

Now I understand why some guys play as female mains 👀
Welcome my friend! Please, enjoy your stay. May I present to you the best neogaf thread?

Last edited:

EDMIX

Agreed. No matter how much I dislike a publisher, even CDPR and I can go days on hating them lol I'd never support breaking the law and hacking or doing some stupid shit like this. Even those trying to find some way to support this based on being butt hurt about some optional update for RDR2 or how the GTA trilogy turned out, none of that supports any of this.

So I can never understand this type of rage to support this based on a video game or people sending death threats over pixels or some dumb shit. It sounds like people that literally have some sort of mental health issue where you can't make a joke around them as they might take that shit seriously and start making a terror plot based on late COD DLC.

sounds interesting. we might get some bigger robberies kinda like the heists in V. maybe not as big as that but still something that will require planning and maybe recruiting a gang. if the cuba rumor is true (not sure if the leaks confirmed it) then that's interesting. i saw some stuff about selling drugs or overdosing. maybe we will be drug dealers too. both of them could start off together but build their own organisation of criminals. apparently there is a time skip too so maybe that will show how far they've risen.

True. I want to see how open they make that area in Cuba, like if you can go between the countries in some airplane cutscene lol

I love the freedom of how they handled those robberies in the leak it doesn't look like a mission but them in the open world freely robbing some place lol It looks like a mix from how it was in GTA SA and RDR2, I want to see what those other options are too as you can tie someone up, but several other options are shown that allow you to do something to them. Even the cops not shooting while they are inside shows the AI will factor hostages or citizens in the crossfire. So if the leak on the story is true, I love it lol I like what I've seen thus far conceptually and can see how fun that type of open world chaos is going to play out. I hope it has tons of interiors as what we've seen indoors looks really good.

Fredrik

Agreed. New rules like with piracy is perhaps needed? Discuss it but don’t condone and applaud it?

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
What's the most crazy thing about this leak is that instead of finding out information about the game people are instead arguing about the dumbest shit.

EDMIX

Well this pretty much stands against ken's point.

So it was social engineering. They were still targetted by a malicious group, data assets stolen and ransomed back to them.

The means of the intrusion isn't even important.

Agreed. I was just going to say that.

Are some on here so young and naive they really think that they can go in a home and steal and be like "derr da door was open doe yo honor" and nothing happen to them or something? Its like me going in someone's bank account and stealing and acting like cause I saw their passwords on a sticky note, it now means no law was broken.

So I don't know if some are just sheltered, don't know how the real world really is, stuck in video game happy go lucky land or something, but it seems like many don't fully understand the law was still broken here.

Toots

Gold Member
Gender transitioning it's the key
Dog day afternoon inspired story where they manage to succeed with the first heist and have the sex change, but the surgeon messes up.
5 month later the couple has to get back to their criminal life to pay for corrective surgery and bigger boobs for Bonnie.

Just stay low. Make a awesome trailer starting with "holy shit we got hacked, they got my private photos". Shoot some guys and end with the oficial theme. Nothing has changed, we already know that a gta was currently being made and we still want a official trailer. They leaked a product being made, take this as a backstage, development documentary.

Amen brother.

Rockstar is literally the last studio apart from maybe naughty dog who actually produces polished, AAA games upon release. They don't deserve to have their shit shared in a shitty build state. A bunch of clueless idiots who know nothing about gamedev are going to be exposed to this and make false presumptions of the game based on this.

Fredrik

This is not resetera. People can have their own oppinion here. Thank you.

Many consider take two a scummy company, so those people couldn't care less about the hack.
You can’t applaud piracy here either, check the TOS. Hacking a server and spreading the source code is no minor thing, question is how big of a deal it is and if it’s going too far to applaud it.

EDMIX

It will be Vice city in game?

Yes. That much is confirmed by those leaks as far as I can see. Being from Florida myself, its.....its very Florida lol I see some places that look familiar and someone else from Florida on here was able to find a few places they showed and used google maps to show its in Miami.

Keep in mind, if the rumors are true, it won't just be Vice City, but some city that is like Cuba or some other South American country in the game.

kyussman

If the protags are just running around robbing people,I wonder what the motivations will be......probably an incorrect use of pronouns.

Just stay low. Make a awesome trailer starting with "holy shit we got hacked, they got my private photos". Shoot some guys and end with the oficial theme. Nothing has changed, we already know that a gta was currently being made and we still want a official trailer. They leaked a product being made, take this as a backstage, development documentary.
Would be funny if they done that or had an in game mission around hacking a company/business named "Cockbar" or some stupid shit like that.

You're right nothing has really changed. All the leak really done was confirm the rumors of two MC's and it being set in Vice City. The biggest surprise for me was that it's set in a modern Vice City and not 70's/80's/90's which I think is for the best. I didn't want to go back to the past.

All Rockstar really need to do is officially show the game off with some info on the two characters and what motivates them to do what they are doing. A good trailer and everyone will be hyped and mostly forget the leak. While we did see a lot of features we can't really look too much into them because it's a development build. Some things might still be there in the final game and some things might not. Let Rockstar work on the game and show it off when they're ready. They'll tell us what the game will be like on their own terms.

Last edited:

EDMIX

The biggest surprise for me was that it's set in a modern Vice City and not 70's/80's/90's which I think is for the best. I didn't want to go back to the past.
Well you have to remember the rumor also stated it had 2 timelines or something. So its modern in those screens, they can still have the 70's stuff.
All Rockstar really need to do is officially show the game off with some info on the two characters and what motivates them to do what they are doing. A good trailer and everyone will be hyped and mostly forget the leak.
True.

I think most won't care and the game will do just fine.

Last edited:
Well you have to remember the rumor also stated it had 2 timelines or something. So its modern in those screens, they can still have the 70's stuff.

True.

I think most won't care and the game will do just fine.
The rumor I seen was that there is a time skip.

If you look at the footage we saw of the night club all the tv's had a DVD screen on them. If this game is meant to be set in this decade (2022-2025) then that seems a bit strange to have DVD. I know it's a bit of stretch and a wild guess but to me that would suggest the game is set somewhere in the 00's for that part of the game and then it jumps to present day.

Last edited:

EDMIX

Hmm, i don't think that's the case. Too much effort.

The rumor is true on most of it.

2 players, a male and female, set in Vice City. Its likely the 70's time frame is all in Cuba or something.

The rumor I seen was that there is a time skip.

If you look at the footage we saw of the night club all the tv's had a DVD screen on them. If this game is meant to be set in this decade (2022-2025) then that seems a bit strange to have DVD. I know it's a bit of stretch and a wild guess but to me that would suggest the game is set somewhere in the 00's for that part of the game and then it jumps to present day.

Could be.

That rumor could have been true, yet changed years ago mid development or something.

Last edited:
i guess they gave up on the story about a brother and a sister and that the sister was an undercover cop

Brother and sister means you have two of the same race. Can't really get away with that these days in the most mainstream of games. Need one white character to satisfy the main demo of teenage boys, need whatever else to keep everyone else happy.

EDMIX

Vice City would have been a perfect opportunity to make a GTA time piece in the 70's or 80's.

Agreed.

70's was a glorious time for the drug trade in terms of establishing routes, cartels etc Maybe the story makes more sense in 70's in South America, then 70's in Vice City.

Even 80's in Vice City is great, but already done. Regardless, I'm still holding out hopes half of it is a period piece lol

Lady Jane

Banned
Is this going to be one of those girl/guy relationships where they're both attractive and oddly never screw because they're "childhood friends"? Don't we see enough of that in sitcoms?

Three

having the source code makes it easier to hack the game and servers. having access to servers could allow them to spread malware and infect your pc.
How would that work? Only amateur coders rely on security through obscurity. Source code to GTAV should have no effect on security. Only if they have the keys to the server would it pose a threat to push signed updates/malware, not the source code for GTAV.

Last edited:

Toots

Gold Member
Reading comments here it must be very cathartic to play GTA for some :messenger_tears_of_joy:
I do not condone the hack but i don't care about rockstar or the hacker.
How long will i get in iso-cube for this wrong think, only judge Edmix can tell it seems :messenger_grinning_sweat:

(i just had to get this out of my chest after watching dudes pile on Lukakusfirsttouch - who never condoned the hack in any way - as if we were in Florida in the 70s... )

But back on topic, how many cocaine orgy scenes can we expect to have in GTA VI if the Miami in the 70s rumors turns to be true ?

My bet :
Too Much Lots GIF by CBC

Amen brother.

Rockstar is literally the last studio apart from maybe naughty dog who actually produces polished, AAA games upon release. They don't deserve to have their shit shared in a shitty build state. A bunch of clueless idiots who know nothing about gamedev are going to be exposed to this and make false presumptions of the game based on this.
Honestly tho, the LOU 2 leak was way worse for the overall game imo - since it’s so story based.

Saiyan-Rox

Is this going to be one of those girl/guy relationships where they're both attractive and oddly never screw because they're "childhood friends"? Don't we see enough of that in sitcoms?

This sounds like my life.

Expect the attractive part
And the friends part
Okay so the never screw part is like my life.

Agreed. I was just going to say that.

Are some on here so young and naive they really think that they can go in a home and steal and be like "derr da door was open doe yo honor" and nothing happen to them or something? Its like me going in someone's bank account and stealing and acting like cause I saw their passwords on a sticky note, it now means no law was broken.

So I don't know if some are just sheltered, don't know how the real world really is, stuck in video game happy go lucky land or something, but it seems like many don't fully understand the law was still broken here.

Thank you!

It's nice to see some sanity still in the thread.

Last edited:

Bluecondor

Just seeing the game in action has made me optimistic. I'm not a big graphics guy, so I will leave that debate to those of you who know this well. That said, I have just started playing GTA: Online actively again over the past 6 weeks or so, as the last major update made it possible for us to play nearly all of the game's content in Invite Only lobbies. As such, GTA: Online is now a viable single player game (in the sense that you can play the entire game and never have to deal with griefers).

From a gameplay standpoint, there really is something missing in GTA: Online in terms of mission design for the businesses in the game. For most of the game's existence, Rockstar focused on forcing players to conduct sales in every business (weapons, cocaine/meth, illegal warehouses) via cumbersome delivery vehicles that had to be driven long distances in the face of attacks from other players. Even in stealing cars and in running VIP mission, you had to deal with other players griefing/interfering.

In the game's more recent updates though, the Agency is a business that is based on different types of missions (rescuing clients, getting a client's car back, getting a client's watch back, etc.) and assassination contracts. The nightclub business is really interesting, in that the nightclub is a front (which actually earns up to $50,000 per day pretty passively with a very short caretaking mission) for a complex business that sells several different illegal commodities (cocaine, meth, crates of stolen goods, weapons, etc.). The way it works is that you have to own these other businesses (cocaine, meth, etc.), which allows your workers in the nightclub to (passively) produce these commodities. You still have to do sale missions to make money, but the business building/passive sourcing elements make it way more interesting than the old formula of simple sourcing missions and sales missions.

Bottom line, seeing footage from GTA VI in action has me hyped about the possibilities of more in-depth/complex content in the missions and gameplay. Just seeing footage of the restaurant robbery suggests that this will be far more complex and interesting than what we saw with store robberies in GTA V and previous games. If the various businesses in GTA VI each have complex mechanics and content (again, beyond the basic source missions and sell missions), GTA VI will be interesting and the (possible/likely) GTA VI: Online could again be around for a very long time.

Top Bottom