• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA 6 will reportedly have a female protagonist

Mister Apoc

Demigod of Troll Threads
It will feature a playable female protagonist for the first time alongside a playable male protagonist.https://hypebeast.com/2021/1/grand-theft-auto-vi-first-female-protagonist-rumor-info. Tom Henderson is supposedly a credible leaker here’s the tweet

catholic meryl streep GIF

supernova8

Banned
Not really bothered about it being a man or a woman. As long as the character is funny/interesting/engaging who gives a shit.

While we're at it, here are some ideas. They should add more mini-games like Yakuza has. What about if you could set up your multi-level marketing scam inside the game lol

Choose character: Dan Lok

mxbison

Guess that confirms multiple characters again since there is no way they are going with just a female protagonist.

Would've preferred 1 character, no matter if male or female, just good.

Last edited:

20cent

Banned
Does your masculinity feel threatened by having to play as a virtual woman? I think it can be a good way to tell a story from a different point of view.
Does your feminity feel threatened by having to play as a virtual man?

People whine about representation in vg so they can play as what they are in real life (or what they think they are).
Then as a man, I want to play as a man, yes.

People whine about representation in vg so they can play as what they are in real life (or what they think they are).
He joined 16 december, probably a reeeetard refugee who hasn't learned to drop the far leftist hot takes.

Anyway. Hope we get some Bonnie and Clyde sh*t, this has potential.

Last edited:

Cyberpunkd

Gold Member

As a man as well I don't care who I play as, videogames are a storytelling medium. I understand you do not also play games with any fantasy elements, since it doesn't mirror 'as you are in real-life'? Having a female protagonist allows developers to tackle different stories.

Airbus Jr

Banned
Im prob the minority here but i like the 3 protagonist in gta5

if they want to bring that back im ok with that

Also make it younger this time

gta5 protag ( except for franklin) looks like in their 50s and 60s

This time lets make the new protag in 20-30s. That would help bringing new generation players into the game

With 2 males and 1 females looks like a balanced team

Last edited:

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
This is Rockstar ffs, they don't shoehorn in main characters to appease the twitter wankers or those fuckwits over at Reeeee, no doubt they'll have a brilliantly written female protagonist who'll be a total badass character, i for one cant wait... like c'mon ffs R* its been fucking years!!!! hurry up goddammit

Also if you think this is a bad thing, you need to have a look at yourself ffs and get the fuck out of whatever echo chamber you squat in

Last edited:

regawdless

Banned
She may become a man over the course of the game though.

Joking aside, I hope they don't shoehorn her in just because of the political climate and instead have a legitimately good story etc around her.

xrnzaaas

I hope they'll return to having a single protagonist, I was a fan of GTA 5's multiple playable characters when I first played the game, but I think it hurt the quality of the story in the end.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Two seems like it would be a good balance. Three really watered down the story of each individual protagonist to the point where they were all (intentionally) caricatures. Franklin was the most boring GTA protagonist since Claud, and Claud was only supposed to be an extension of the player.

Still, we're really arguing about whether or not the protagonist has a dick when Dan Houser already left the company. Let's face it, male or female, the script is gonna be sorely missing Rockstar magic

martino

He joined 16 december, probably a reeeetard refugee who hasn't learned to drop the far leftist hot takes.

Anyway. Hope we get some Bonnie and Clyde sh*t, this has potential.
i always find this confusion funny.
societal agenda liberals pushes to occupy brains is not leftist at all.
Most of them are more middle-class (or more) problems not really preoccupied by social problems of the working class.
think about that.

Last edited:
Top Bottom