• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA 6 will reportedly have a female protagonist

i always find this confusion funny.
societal agenda liberals pushes to occupy brains is not leftist at all.
Most of them are more middle-class (or more) problems not really preoccupied by social problems of the working class.
think about that.
There's a difference between socio/cultural leftism and economic leftism.

Airbus Jr

Banned
You're sounding a little misogymnastic there, buddy.
tenor.gif

martino

There's a difference between socio/cultural leftism and economic leftism.
Tag it like you want content is surely not preoccupied with poor and working class.
when you are LGBT and feminism are not your first preoccupations.
Also i thing solving social problems can solve them too but for everybody (and not just middle class+)

Last edited:
Do we have to endure a hundred badly written pieces by games 'journalists' now about how brave Rockstar are for fighting the patriarchy.

Probably. Followed by some misguided comparisons to classic films that doesn't really make sense. The "Rebel Without a Cause of Dark Souls of gaming." 74/10! Cam't lose that sweet early access nor do they want to feel the wrath of a large dedicated fanbase.

Last edited:

Psos

Neo Member
Bad decision IMO.

First of all, GTA is played by a large number of teenage boys who will not want to identify with the female character. The basic premise of the GTA series has always been to play policemen and thieves, which is not meant to involve women (as boys in a sandbox separate from girls and do not play with them). Of course, this is only a marketing criticism, nothing prevents a GTA game with a female protagonist from being a good game, but I think it may just not sell so well for the above reason.

Bad decision IMO.

First of all, GTA is played by a large number of teenage boys who will not want to identify with the female character. The basic premise of the GTA series has always been to play policemen and thieves, which is not meant to involve women (as boys in a sandbox separate from girls and do not play with them). Of course, this is only a marketing criticism, nothing prevents a GTA game with a female protagonist from being a good game, but I think it may just not sell so well for the above reason.
All depends on their intention. Did R* put in a female character just because of a far leftist agenda or did they do it because they believed it could really make up a good story.

I think a Bonnie and Clyde style story would be very cool.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
Bad decision IMO.

lol GTA will sell just fine

With boobs?🤮🤮🤮
A tranny would suit better the GTA franchise and would make SJW so fucking angry: "hello bitches, i'm so horny. Guess what, i have a little surprise for you!" 😂🥳🌈

Last edited:

German Hops

GAF's Nicest Lunch Thief
Bad decision IMO.

This ain't the 90s.

Young men these days are being raised as male feminist cucks.

Ricky_Bee

Banned
I like how people automatically assume this will be bad or that Rockstar is forced to do this. Seriously?
There is no way around the fact that if you are a white male almost all mainstream entertainment these days is made with the *specific intention* of making you miserable.

Like literally. Game devs sit around on twitter all day thinking up new ways to hurt your feelings.

Arun1910

Nice, always wondered how a female protag would work in the world of GTA, this is way more interesting to me than having another Male protagonist.

missiles

I really don't care what gender/ethnicity/age or whatever the lead characters are in any game. I've never felt the need to identify with the avatar in a game and am happy playing as anyone or anything.

The concern with Rockstar games is their dated mechanics, cringey writing and boring mission structures - hopefully all this will be getting updated for any future GTA titles.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
Does your masculinity feel threatened by having to play as a virtual woman? I think it can be a good way to tell a story from a different point of view.
Nah not really, but looking how women were presented and written in GTA V, makes me uneasy. If you are going to play with some annoying screeching Karens, not thanks.

Also how come my dude, you still have "Neo Member" tag, I saw you here regularly? (...aka making a lot of posts)

Last edited:
Does your feminity feel threatened by having to play as a virtual man?

People whine about representation in vg so they can play as what they are in real life (or what they think they are).
Then as a man, I want to play as a man, yes.
Who are all these guys that want to virtually cross-dress? It's weird man. It's some gross shit to play these open-world games and fuck dudes if you're a man.

Last edited:

lock2k

Banned
As a man as well I don't care who I play as, videogames are a storytelling medium. I understand you do not also play games with any fantasy elements, since it doesn't mirror 'as you are in real-life'? Having a female protagonist allows developers to tackle different stories.

Tetris and Pac-man have awesome stories yo! :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Ricky_Bee

Banned
Female version of Trevor would suffice.
Give me a maniacal and drunk white trash whore who doesn't give a fuck.

charlize theron film GIF
If they accidentally make something g*m*rs actually like they will be deleted from the internet faster that an opinion piece at the NYT in defence of JK Rowling.

It has to be a female character you *dont like*. You know. If the devs want to keep their gran getting Tesco deliveries.

Last edited:
Personally at this point it is a rumor whether the game will come out or not at all :messenger_tears_of_joy: One remaster and couple of addons to GTA Online will extend its life to the next generation. It mean it's been already 7 years or something. GTA went through a whole generation without a new release.

If they accidentally make something g*m*rs actually like they will be deleted from the internet faster that an opinion piece at the NYT in defence of JK Rowling.

It has to be a female character you *dont like*. You know. If the devs want to keep their gran getting Tesco deliveries.
You know it will be reeetard types that will get offended more because the female protag will somehow still be "sexist",...

NeoIkaruGAF

Gold Member
There is really no problem with this in principle.

The real problems are:
1) this must be announced like it’s a completely new thing in video game history;
2) they could make the best woman protagonist seen in a video game in a decade and the usual suspects will still find so many things wrong with her. Chest size, exposed skin, haircut and color, skin color vs VA skin color, and every single facet of her character will be subject to intense scrutiny and some people will find something to loudly complain about.

I mean, imagine if it’s a black woman, has the “wrong” hairstyle and *gasp* gets angry!

Top Bottom