• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA releasing 14th November, says Take 2's UK distributor

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
Hahahaha, this is so off.

Please explain

To be fair, FC3 went up against CoD and and AC in 2012 too. And Halo MC isn't a new game either.

FC3 was a month apart from COD. And AC and COD has been going against each other since long time. This year push is higher for next gen games. AC Unity is not cross platform and COD AW have had a great marketing push as a new gen game. Don't even get me started on Halo. Its a decade of entertainment packed into 60$. Comparing any port to this is a shame. And there has been outstanding reaction on MCC.

Its GTA, man. GTA need fear no one.

...Nah. Other games lose sales to GTA, not the other way around.

Well if you guys think this then there is no discussion. Because this is not a new GTA, its a year old port which is still playable just fine on old console. I can't imagine anyone who can afford 2 games saying I am going to ditch new games that are coming out and buy the one that I have already played last Sept.

But if you guys think there are lot of guys like that, then may be I am wrong.

Kssio_Aug

I-dont-believe-you.gif

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Please explain

FC3 was a month apart from COD. And AC and COD has been going against each other since long time. This year push is higher for next gen games. AC Unity is not cross platform and COD AW have had a great marketing push as a new gen game. Don't even get me started on Halo. Its a decade of entertainment packed into 60$. Comparing any port to this is a shame. And there has been outstanding reaction on MCC.

Well if you guys think this then there is no discussion. Because this is not a new GTA, its a year old port which is still playable just fine on old console. I can't imagine anyone who can afford 2 games saying I am going to ditch new games that are coming out and buy the one that I have already played last Sept.

I actually agree with you. Take me for example. I'm a HUGE GTA fan and buy every game on release day. It's my favourite game series ever. With that release date I wont be buying it for a little while.

I think even with that release date it will still sell fantastically well, but at the same time I do feel it wont sell as well as it could have done with a better release date. It's an old game. Plenty of people are likely to put their puchase on hold to get a game they want that's actually new. Myself included.

Liamc723

This is Grand Theft Auto, it's going to sell bucket loads.

AmyS

Haven't played a single minute of GTAV for 360 or PS3.

That said, I will still be double dipping on PS4 and PC versions. PS4 for my console experience, PC for my eventual 60 FPS and graphic mods experience.

Chamber

love on your sleeve

Hey, personally I'm with you on this. Aside from the fact that I think GTAV is an awful game, I would much rather spend money on new games but there's no doubt this is going to be huge. Anecdotal evidence incoming but everyone I know who bought GTAV last year is buying the remaster on day one. It was the highlight of E3 for many of them.

mcfrank

Hey, personally I'm with you on this. Aside from the fact that I think GTAV is an awful game, I would much rather spend money on new games but there's no doubt this is going to be huge. Anecdotal evidence incoming but everyone I know who bought GTAV last year is buying the remaster on day one. It was the highlight of E3 for many of them.

You can say you don't like it, but it is objectively not an awful game. It is well made, pushes the old consoles to their limit, and is stuffed with content.

woen

I bet this is going to be in 6 months/1 year THE game that everyone will have on next-gen, it's nearly a killer-app. People, and not only core gamers, know it's a game with tons of content and great replay value, with or without their friends, online or not, and with a major graphic update that'll make them see what is actually next-gen. So yeah, R* will sell plenty of games on next-gen. You can upgrade your online account too so people that still play it on PS360 will buy a next-gen console or play it on their actual next-gen machine.

About PC games, well if they played the PS360 version they'll want to play it with their PC graphics, and if they didn't play it on PS360, they'll want to play it. So prepare for 10M+ games sold.

There is imho a really strong demand.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
You can say you don't like it, but it is objectively not an awful game. It is well made, pushes the old consoles to their limit, and is stuffed with content.

Sure, sure. In my opinion, which should be obvious since I'm the one posting, it's a bad game. I'd rather not continue this derail though.

Dabanton

Indeed. Advanced Warfare looks good, Assassins Creed is due a week later, Dragon Age isnt far out, Far Cry, Project CARS, The Crew all hit in November and thats not including Octobers backlog of The Evil Within, Alien Isolation, Driveclub.

As a collective industry, surely they must realise the prospective audience only has finite funds and its effectively risking their product to be bought on the second hand market months later?

You would think so. We had a ton of games due later this year who's devs probably thought pushing them to 2015 would give them a bit of breathing room. Only to see other big games follow suit.

I'm going to be giving a lot of games a miss next year and will wait to pick them up cheap and a lot of them will probably be very cheap very quickly in the UK at least.

KevinG

Why am I so inclined to buy this along with the MCC on the 11th? Even though I know I won't touch GTA V when I have Halo.

Boke1879

Please explain

Bro it's GTA. I would not be surprised if this added on 4 to 5 million sales. Especially since a PC version is coming out.

Derp

Sorry this is pretty off topic, but did we end up finding out if the cars will have cockpit view? Because in the trailer we saw a moving speedometer through the one of the car's windows remember?

I don't think it'll happen but if it does... If it does.... Oh my goodness.

Salvadora

Sorry this is pretty off topic, but did we end up finding out if the cars will have cockpit view? Because in the trailer we saw a moving speedometer through the one of the car's windows remember?

I don't think it'll happen but if it does... If it does.... Oh my goodness.
They haven't released any information except the press release and first trailer.

So no, not yet.

liquidtmd

Banned
You would think so. We had a ton of games due later this year who's devs probably thought pushing them to 2015 would give them a bit of breathing room. Only to see other big games follow suit.

I'm going to be giving a lot of games a miss next year and will wait to pick them up cheap and a lot of them will probably be very cheap very quickly in the UK at least.

I never understood why more Devs / Pubs don't attempt to launch December 27th - January 14th: a large proportion of the desirable 18-25 market will invariably have been gifted vouchers / money and be looking to use them after perhaps not getting the game directly ("Hey elderly relative! Go buy me GTAV on the PS4 computer system OK")

I know many will say 'that makes no sense, people will get gifted games for actual Christmas Day and will be working through them' - maybe, but it makes as much sense as launching 10+ AAA full price highly exposed games going after the same audience within a three week window prior to the holiday.

this is so funny, before the release of gta5 people were saying(in other forums) that the franchise was tarnished because of gta4 and what not. release came 3 days later 1 fucking billion of USD made (around 16M copies sold), it seems the same is happening now because it is a "graphical update" port for next gen. (that was said of TLOUR and it sold 1M already ?)

now i dont believe it will sell crazy like that but it will sure sell a shit load across next gen consoles and pc. the thirst for GTA games is always real

Lupi_47

Banned source.
Can you copy some of the text?

Some websites are banned in GAF.

Just like GTA V, Red Dead Redemption is going to the PS4, Xbox One and PC as revealed on PAX Prime if the reports are to be believed.
Cyberland reported that the Red Dead game series is going to the PS4, Xbox One and PC and Red Dead Redemption PS4, Xbox One and PC version was allegedly shown behind closed doors at PAX Prime and that's not all, the Red Dead Redemption PS4, Xbox One and PC version release date has been allegedly set for March 2015!

Site is shitty but who knows... /v/ is getting this bait at full power right now

liquidtmd

Banned
this is so funny, before the release of gta5 people were saying(in other forums) that the franchise was tarnished because of gta4 and what not. release came 3 days later 1 fucking billion of USD made (around 16M copies sold), it seems the same is happening now because it is a "graphical update" port for next gen. (that was said of TLOUR and it sold 1M already ?)

Yeah, certain sections of GAF were insistant Guardians of the The Galaxy was going to tank. Tis a wonderous forum to be part of.

GTAV will sell - its just unfortunate that it's hitting mid November where publishers seem to think 'hey, gamers have had a drought of AAA titles for six months, lets release them all now' as inevitably it will lose some sales / cause other titles to lose sales due to finite money.

Three months later - Publishers: "Waaah everyones buying our titles on the second hand market, SUPPORT US"

To undercut competition? To deliver a completed game and not over-promise? To maximize sales?

There are plenty of reasons, mang.

It works wonders for them, and it makes the game do the talking most of the time

This way, every time they make a fart, their fans go ballistic.
I know 'cause i'm one of them.

I should have added that I was talking about the release date specifically. I understand secrecy about the game to create hype.

Yeah, certain sections of GAF were insistant Guardians of the The Galaxy was going to tank. Tis a wonderous forum to be part of.

GTAV will sell - its just unfortunate that it's hitting mid November where publishers seem to think 'hey, gamers have had a drought of AAA titles for six months, lets release them all now' as inevitably it will lose some sales / cause other titles to lose sales due to finite money.

Three months later - Publishers: "Waaah everyones buying our titles on the second hand market, SUPPORT US"

true, im not fan of the current release dates because money and time wise is gonna be tough (i was hoping for an early release )

Tigress

Well, hopefully this is true so I have something to look forward to this year (year has sucked for me gaming wise). I'd hate for it to come out 2015, now that year, especially early, looks stacked (well at least for what my budget and time can afford. Witcher 3, No Man's Sky, Persona 5, Ys. All of which are games that will probably take a lot of time each to play).

Top Bottom