• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V 360: 2 discs, install from Disc 1 play from Disc 2. PS3: 1 disc, 8GB install

GlamFM

Banned
Grand Theft Auto V is the largest and most ambitious game we have yet created, and takes full advantage of every ounce of processing power available in the current generation of consoles. In order to provide the best possible experience for such a massive and detailed world, the game will have installation requirements on both Xbox 360 and PlayStation®3 systems. For Xbox 360, Grand Theft Auto V will ship on two discs; Disc 1 will be used for a one-time mandatory install and Disc 2 will be used to play the game. After the install, players will be able to enjoy both Grand Theft Auto V and Grand Theft Auto Online without any need to switch discs.
This initial install will require an Xbox 360 Hard Drive or an external 16GB USB flash drive with at least 8 GB of free space. If using a USB flash drive it must be at least USB 2.0 with a minimum 15mb/s read speed and formatted for Xbox 360 use. A new USB flash drive is recommended to ensure optimum performance. For PlayStation®3, the game ships on one disc and will install content as soon as you insert the game. The install is roughly 8GB, and players will be able to play as soon as the install is complete.

Via Newswire

Other interesting stuff from the most recent asked and answered:

“Will we ever see some GTA V gameplay?” – @ASTR4Lx

Yes. Soon (or in September if you don’t want to see it before you play it… it’s up to you) – the first Official Gameplay Video is on its way...

actual34894374.jpg

PS3 version it is, then. Hated this shit on Mass Effect 3.

EDIT: Oh, I mean, um...witty first post.

DOUBLE EDIT: OK I probably should have read the OP. This isn't a problem at all.

You forgot to bold the most important thing:

Disc 1 will be used for a one-time mandatory install and Disc 2 will be used to play the game. After the install, players will be able to enjoy both Grand Theft Auto V and Grand Theft Auto Online without any need to switch discs.

Sethos

Banned
Eh, don't see the problem. The 360 version is likely going to be the best looking version, based on GTA IV, RDR and Max Payne 3.

A one time install isn't going to make me give that up.

GTA IV ran better on 360 so that's what I'll get this for. Two discs mean nothing if one just installs stuff. Will install both and just leave the disc in until the PS4 launches.

REALLY want to see a gameplay video. I wish they'd do what they did with RDR, those videos were awesome.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Don't they still sell a 360 without the HDD?

Flash drives are cheap, but this is amusing.

Kinda like halo 4, installing one disc one time then not needing it. Not a hassle

Whoa I just realized we haven't seen gameplay footage yet 0_o

Please don't Ax the online multiplayer, I need my fire truck races online B^)

Sakujou

Banned
i will buy the 360 version, even if its on 2 discs.

works smoother and i can use it in 1080p (i know its not native but the signal looks much better than the ps3 does)

Eh, don't see the problem. The 360 version is likely going to be the best looking version, based on GTA IV, RDR and Max Payne 3.

A one time install isn't going to make me give that up.

This. All Rockstar games looked better on 360, so it's a no brainer for me personally.

GlamFM

Banned
This. All Rockstar games looked better on 360, so it's a no brainer for me personally.

“Hello Rockstar, I have a question: how much difference will there be between the PS3 and Xbox 360 versions of the game?” – received via Mouthoff

Players can expect the same great gameplay experience on both the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 platforms as they have both been developed in tandem. Like all of our games, trust that we’re committed to making sure Grand Theft Auto V looks and runs as great as possible regardless of whether you pick it up for PlayStation 3 or Xbox 360, and we are excited for fans on both platforms to experience Grand Theft Auto V this September. We expect any visual differences to be completely negligible.

I expect both versions to look the same.

Monsieur

Banned
I still have the first 360. Can hardly download a few demos without my hard drive getting full. Would have to delete dragon age origins just to be able to play it.

“Will we ever see some GTA V gameplay?” – @ASTR4Lx

Yes. Soon (or in September if you don’t want to see it before you play it… it’s up to you) – the first Official Gameplay Video is on its way...

Can't wait.

Dug

Banned
Good to know GTA V will include a map like GTA IV did:

As in all previous Grand Theft Auto games, we’ve made a point of including a map of the world to aid players in navigating the city. In all versions of GTAV, the game disc will accompany a map with all the details players will need to navigate the world.

zeelman

I still have the first 360. Can hardly download a few demos without my hard drive getting full. Would have to delete dragon age origins just to be able to play it.

Then you delete the game to play this one, or buy a bigger hard drive (they're pretty cheap for your system).

MMaRsu

Banned

So delete it? Just redownload it whenever you want? That's what I do with Bayonetta..

Usobuko

Banned
People read the OP please, it's a one-time installation. You only need disc 2 to play the game for 360 after you're done with it.

BibiMaghoo

They've said that about every RAGE release, don't buy into every piece of PR babble.

They have to say that stuff.

This, really.

I'll be picking it up on PS3, but I still expect the 360 version to have at least several extra blades of grass.

Alienous

Only two?

Wasn't Max Payne 3 two discs?

That's good news for 360 owners. We're still going to have to install on PS3.

EDIT:
8GB of free space? Wait, what?

Buy a 32GB USB drive which meets the recommended speed. I got a cheap Lexar 32GB USB Stick and when partitioned it has 29GB left to install games on. Works like a charm.

Sethos

Banned
This is a bit unfair I think. So far they have always demoed the game on PS3.

And that proves nothing.

Demo'd on a PS3 versus GTA IV + RDR + Max Payne 3 running / looking worse on the PS3

I think the latter example is a much better gauge of what is actually going to happen.

Maybe they demo it on the PS3 to try and move away from the image of the PS3 versions being inferior, so everyone can speculate it might be lead platform or they actually care? ...

Alienous

More good news to come out of this. You can find Michael, Trevor of Franklin in Los Santos when you aren't playing as them.

Now that's going to be endless fun. Where's Waldo on a massive, murderous scale. You can't kill them, apparently, but you can punch Michael in the back of the head and run off.

Top Bottom