• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V GameInformer Discussion (11/8, 12PM EST)

Mod Note: This thread is only to talk about Grand Theft Auto V on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3. Use the old thread if you want to talk about it potentially coming to other platforms.
This will be enforced. If there is additional platform information in the magazine, we will break it off to a new separate thread.

COVER

INFO

• Three Protagonists: Trevor (redneck), Michael (older white guy), and Franklin (black/mixed guy).
  • Each character has his own personality, motivation, and skillset.
  • Vehicles: cars and trucks, bikes (BMX, mountain), dirtbikes, ATVs, helicopters, planes, and jet skis.
  • Los Santos in GTA V is bigger than the worlds of RDR, San Andreas, and GTA IV combined.
  • Heists will be predominantly featured in GTA V. (Heat, anyone?)
  • Customize your look but not San Andreas style RPG elements.
  • Side-missions that Rockstar mentioned include: yoga, triathlons, tennis, and golf.
  • Random NPC encounters are back and more developed.

Rockstar Promises:
  • More fleshed out missions ala "Three Leaf Clover" in GTA IV.
  • More complex side missions and activities similar to Red Dead. "It's better to have one really good mini game than five half-assed ones that aren't fun".
  • Better driving controls
  • Improved shooting mechanics
  • Refined melee combat
  • Vibrant in-game economy (but no buying property)

NEW SCREENS

(Click for larger)

TRAILER #1

PRESS RELEASE INFO:

• "Developed by series creator Rockstar North, Grand Theft Auto V takes place in a re-imagined, present-day Southern California
    in the largest and most thriving game-world we have ever created set in the sprawling city of Los Santos and for miles beyond
    from the tops of the mountains to the depths of the ocean" (2012).

• "Developed by series creator Rockstar North, Grand Theft Auto V heads to the city of Los Santos and surrounding hills, countryside
    and beaches in the largest and most ambitious game Rockstar has yet created". (2011).

• "A bold new direction in open-world freedom, storytelling, mission-based gameplay and online multiplayer, Grand Theft Auto V
    focuses on the pursuit of the almighty dollar in a re-imagined, present day Southern California". (2011).

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS

ABOUT THIS ISSUE:

Q: When will the Game Informer cover be unveiled?​

A: The cover was released on Thursday, November 8th at 12PM EST.​

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Q: When will the digital issue be released?​

A: The issue was released digitally on Thursday, November 8th at 2:30PM EST.​

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Q: How long is the GTA V feature in the issue?​

A: It is 18 pages in print and 23 pages in digital.​

Q: Can I purchase a single digital issue?​

A: Yes, you can on tablets for $4.99. Otherwise you must subscribe.​

Q: When does the print version go on sale?​

A: The print version officially arrives at newsstands on Friday, November 16th.​

Q: When do international previews go live?​

A: Monday, November 12th. Two days prior to Trailer #2.​

OTHER QUESTIONS:

Q: When will GTA V be released?​

A: Spring 2013.​

Q: When will Trailer #2 be released?​

A: Wednesday, November 14th.​

LINKS:

ATTENTION:
- Remember GAF's "No Scan" policy.
- NO PORT BEGGING!
- Please do support GameInformer by buying the magazine.

Don't we have enough discussions?
The other threads are for the Trailer #2 announcement which is more than a week away from release. A new thread was needed.

Is this an OT for a magazine? lol
People had a lot of questions and were constantly asking and re-asking things and re-posting old media and fake leaks.

This thread is to keep things current and consolidated.

Man

Will probably wait until the (hypothetical) next gen launch versions. Depends how busy the schedule is surrounding the initial release.

PS! GTA4 was a fantastic game.

TheNatural

My Member!
I got a subscription a few weeks ago just for issue. It's pretty lame you don't get both digital and paper copies for the price of a sub.

Derrick01

Banned
Don't we have enough discussions?

Is this an OT for a magazine? lol

This is also the thread that is going to eliminate platform begging so IMO the quicker it's up the better it is for everyone.

TacticalFox88 said:
18 pages in print? JESUS CHRIST!

Probably only 4 pages of words and the rest screenshots and interviews that reveal nothing.

Raptomex

I got a subscription a few weeks ago just for issue. It's pretty lame you don't get both digital and paper copies for the price of a sub.
I was going to ask that, damn. Oh well. I have the internet and I'll just have to wait for my GI issue in the mail.

preorder4.jpg

The lighting and sense of scope is just damn amazing. I'm going to love being a wanted person and hiding up in the woods and mountains like Bobby Lee Swaggart.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I hate being hyped for a fucking magazine article.

I don't. GTA hype is the only game hype train I really get in on.

I remember them Vice City scans, and I remember GTA SA screenshots. First screenshot ever of that game was the one with CJ crouching by the lowrider, right?

Raptomex

GTA hype is insane and the one series I can always get on board for. The analysis of everything, the excitement, the surprises.

I hate being hyped for a fucking magazine article.

To be fair, it's not just a magazine article it's the first real unveiling of GTAV. The characters, the story, the features, the setting. There are threads made for far more minor news, including every other GTAV thread aside from its initial announcement.

To be fair, it's not just a magazine article it's the first real unveiling of GTAV. The characters, the story, the features, the setting. There are threads made for far more minor news, including every other GTAV thread aside from its initial announcement.
Okay, I can see why reason as to why I'm pretty excited now. I continuously forgetting that they've kept a very tight lip about everything GTAV related.

TheNatural

My Member!
Most random thing I hope for. The "game within a game" stuff, like Saints Row 2 where you could play a zombie survival game. But in GTA V, you could play Vice City or San Andreas in the game. Heads would explode.

Megasoum

Banned
Careful there..

lol, not talking about the game but the Gameinformer issue... Hmm I guess you could consider that some kind of weird port begging too lol?

You can buy the GI issue tomorrow on tablets but not on PC which sucks if you don't have a tablet.

Raptomex

Most random thing I hope for. The "game within a game" stuff, like Saints Row 2 where you could play a zombie survival game. But in GTA V, you could play Vice City or San Andreas in the game. Heads would explode.
As long as it's not QUB3D. I hated that game.

GlamFM

Banned
lol, not talking about the game but the Gameinformer issue... Hmm I guess you could consider that some kind of weird port begging too lol?

You can buy the GI issue tomorrow on tablets but not on PC which sucks if you don't have a tablet.

HA! ;)

Megasoum

Banned
I never checked the PC version of the digital GI, how does it work exactly? Is it a PDF? JPGs? or some kind of specialized software?

Top Bottom