• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V GameInformer Discussion (11/8, 12PM EST)

Muffdraul

Kinda shocked that anyone would accuse that screen of being a bullshot. I see nothing particularly impressive about it.

I fucking love that the GTA V magazine article itself has (had) an OT. Years before I finally gave in and became a GTA fanboy, I was in awe at how much hype it generated, more than any other game. I remember there was some high profile poll somewhere on "Which game are you most excited about this holiday season?" and it was the year San Andreas, Halo 2, MGS3, Half Life 2 and Metroid Prime 2 came out. I would have bet my balls that Halo 2 was going to win, or maybe MGS3. San Andreas crushed them all by far and I was a tad incredulous. I think I felt then what a lot of members of a certain political party are feeling today. I knew GTA was huge, but not that goddamn huge.

UrbanRats

1352321904v9pp1.jpg

Another screen with a disappointing skybox, now i'm worried for Trailer 2.

UrbanRats

The only thing that concerns me about that is LA is dark at night not really blue. It's almost a blackish blue.
Judging by Collateral, yeah.
This looks like dawn (ofcourse i'm not in the US, but you live in LA, IIRC)
Guess they could have dropped the RDR style horizon clouds and gone back to GTA4 style as they might not look so good when flying. We'll see.

ibvfuQcTTCAPMC.gif

GTA4's skyboxes were horrible.

Cramoss

Holy shit the first GTA V trailer was last year?

Goddamn, it feels like it was released a few months ago.

beason52

Neo Member
I will let you guys complain about the clouds while I am fapping to the article tomorrow. I mean, its GTAV.

MormaPope

Banned
This is gonna be amazing, a year's worth of speculation and guessing will either result in satisfaction or surprise, I'm guessing we'll be surprised.

ADDED to FAQ: The print version officially arrives at newsstands on Friday, November 16th.

This looks like dawn (ofcourse i'm not in the US, but you live in LA, IIRC)
It could be dawn but so far the night screenshots are worrisome. It looks much better during the day.
And I don't live there but am there often.

ADDED to FAQ: The print version officially arrives at newsstands on Friday, November 16th.

It could be dawn but even GTA IV was too bright/too blue (then again I don't know NYC well).
And I don't live there but am there often.

well perhaps they are sacrificing realism for visibility.

injurai

Banned
It's about time I get to return to San Andreas. Proper numbered sequel to the best GTA game!!! Hypest Hype is in the house.

I better be able to slit hookers throats in this game too.

dreamfall

Sees all the regulars, subscribed! Ready to discuss here for awhile, cheers!

This is exciting! The Night before some concrete info drops... This is happening !

Fjordson

And so it begins.

edit: just a heads up for anyone looking to play some GTA to help tide them over, GTA IV complete will be only $14.99 for Black Friday at Best Buy. Will probably be similarly discounted at other places. Pretty sure it's the console version, though. PC duders will be able to get it for like a quarter on some Steam sale during the holidays I'm sure :lol

dreamfall

And so it begins.

edit: just a heads up for anyone looking to play some GTA to help tide them over, GTA IV complete will be only $14.99 for Black Friday at Best Buy. Will probably be similarly discounted at other places. Pretty sure it's the console version, though. PC duders will be able to get it for like a quarter on some Steam sale during the holidays I'm sure :lol

75% off for the GTA IV trilogy on Steam- $7.49! But I've just been replaying San Andreas to prepare for the hype- it's insane how vast this game still is...

Fjordson

75% off for the GTA IV trilogy on Steam- $7.49! But I've just been replaying San Andreas to prepare for the hype- it's insane how vast this game still is...
Wow, that's a fantastic deal.

And yeah, I plan on playing San Andreas next after I finish the GTA IV episodes. Sort of hoping for a sale first, even though it'll only be like a $10 difference :lol

Top Bottom