• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V GameInformer Discussion (11/8, 12PM EST)

Feature

Banned
So in how many hours exact from this post will the digital release be? Seems like it will 8 hours in advance of the paper issue meaning it should be 9AM GMT which is in an hour and 10 minutes?

So in how many hours exact from this post will the digital release be? Seems like it will 8 hours in advance of the paper issue meaning it should be 9AM GMT which is in an hour and 10 minutes?

Cover:
9 hours.

Digital version:
12-13 hours.

Posted at 3AM EST.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
t1352394000z4.png

I wonder what kind of surprises will they have left for the trailer after an 18 page article. I don't want to just see stuff I already know about.

Tr4nce

Finally a thread without port begging and other nonsense.

Subscribed, and looking forward to discussing with all ya all.

:)

Tankshell

From the sound of the OP, the entire magazine issue is only 18/23 pages long? I thought that was just the length of the GTAV feature?

Or am I confuse?

Sethos

Banned
It will display only a picture saying: "Access restricted for this domain".

Then the site in question has the countdown clock banned

EDIT: Apparently it's a NeoGAF clock and only meant for this site :p My bad. ( How the hell are we supposed to know )

Fjordson

From the sound of the OP, the entire magazine issue is only 18/23 pages long? I thought that was just the length of the GTAV feature?

Or am I confuse?
That length is for the GTA V story (their longest GTA cover story ever). It's within a normal length issue.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Then the site in question has the countdown clock banned

EDIT: Apparently it's a NeoGAF clock and only meant for this site :p My bad. ( How the hell are we supposed to know )

Countdown Clock Generator
Use this tool to generate an image that can be embedded in NeoGAF.com threads.

UrbanRats

Someone on 4chan made a comparison between him and Nicholson, from The Shining.
I don't see it too much, but still looks like a very different and interesting character.

EDIT: this was meant after Dabanton's post.

Fjordson

I'm a little lost now on who the protagonist might be. Might be like 4-5 dudes. Or maybe these are multiplayer screens. Might be that guy with the dog. Or Ned Luke. Or that jetski dude.

Excited to find out, though.

Randdalf

I'm not buying into the hype for this game, given the way Rockstar masterfully orchestrated the press into giving GTAIV review scores far beyond what it deserved. I don't see what significant and interesting features they can add to GTA when it's still constrained within this generation of consoles.

I'm a little lost now on who the protagonist might be. Might be like 4-5 dudes. Or maybe these are multiplayer screens. Might be that guy with the dog. Or Ned Luke. Or that jetski dude.

Excited to find out, though.

my bet is that there is only one protagonist, and its the dude on the jet ski, who seems to be the same one running from the helicopter in trailer #1.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
my bet is that there is only one protagonist, and its the dude on the jet ski, who seems to be the same one running from the helicopter in trailer #1.

GTA_5_Trailer_14.jpg

? or do you mean a different scene?

The guy with the dogs is mixed races, IMO.
Also The Game is a shitty VA. He wouldn't have such a large role.

Not to mention the guy running from the heli is a totally different black dude from the concept art (and one driving the red car in T1).

If there are multiple playable characters, I bet that there are 3-5 of them and they're your "crew".
But I think that you start and end the game as the Ned Luke "old guy" character no matter if MPCs or no.

Having multiple characters would harken back to GTA1 and allow each character to have a special role/origin/etc.
You could have the safe crack guy, the weapon guy, the driver, etc. (Heat, Ocean's 11, The Italian Job, etc).

I think it's reasonable to think there are MPCs, given the rumors, screens, and concept art but we'll see!

rouken

they won't have a black character, it's already been done with san andreas. the older guys is the protagonist for sure given the voice over from the trailer. and if they have another playable character it will be the maybe mexican thug in the trailer with the convertible car.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
they won't have a black character, it's already been done with san andreas. the older guys is the protagonist for sure given the voice over from the trailer. and if they have another playable character it will be the maybe mexican thug in the trailer with the convertible car.

and that means they can't have another black character again?

The guy with the dogs is mixed races, IMO.
Also The Game is a shitty VA. He wouldn't have such a large role.

Not to mention the guy running from the heli is a totally different black dude from the concept art (and one driving the red car in T1).

I hope there's just 1 playable character but if there are multiple ones I bet that there are 3-5 of them and they're your "crew".
And I think that you start and end the game as the Ned Luke "old guy" character no matter if MPCs or no.

Having multiple characters would harken back to GTA1 and allow each character to have a special role/origin/etc.
You could have the safe crack guy, the weapon guy, the driver, etc. (Heat, Ocean's 11, The Italian Job, etc).

Still I think there's probably just one (think about how much $ and time R* would have to spend on mo-cap, voiceover, etc).

We'll see!

yup i agree with everything you've said, i think we'll play as a mixed race character, or a dark skinned latino. i don't agree with the Ned Luke thing though, although perhaps we may play him in different stages of his life.

maybe, based on the voiceover of trailer 1, you will play in flashback until a big event, fast forward to the present, and continue as an older version of yourself. maybe the city gets construction completed more and more and time/missions goes by.

but yeah i still think its going to be 1 protagonist, not because of money and mocap or whatever, but because it will break the narrative and thin a personal attachment the players will have to the character.

but yeah i still think its going to be 1 protagonist, not because of money and mocap or whatever, but because it will break the narrative and thin a personal attachment the players will have to the character.
See my edit. ;)

I agree though, having multiple characters is a big risk from a story/attachment factor perspective.

See my edit. ;)

I agree though, having multiple characters is a big risk from a story/attachment factor perspective.

indeed, big risk. but if they can pull it off it would be great, making the player attached to an entire crew as opposed to one person. and when a crew member dies you feel it.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
I'm not buying into the hype for this game, given the way Rockstar masterfully orchestrated the press into giving GTAIV review scores far beyond what it deserved. I don't see what significant and interesting features they can add to GTA when it's still constrained within this generation of consoles.

did you get a chance to play the dlc? It didn't change that much but it made the game 10x better. If they do what they did with Gay Tony it should be a lot of fun.

If they make another game in Vice City, the main character will be Cuban. No doubt about it.

This is a completely valid criticism. They have a lot to prove, IMO.

Top Bottom