• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V Hits 80M Shipped (Digital Sales 25%), Mafia 3 5M, NBA 2K17 8M, WWE 3M, Civ6 2M

To think some loonies were having a go at Rockstar for remastering GTA V. Without them remastering it they wouldn't have sustained it for so long. Now everybody who buys a new console tends to buy GTA.

bill0527

I wonder how many of thoes 80m copies are double/triple dips.

A good portion.

I double dipped on PS3/PS4 version.

An ingenious marketing strategy that I'm sure will be replicated for GTA VI. Bring it out at the ass end of this generation and then bring out an updated version a year later when the next gen of console hit.

Dabanton

To think some loonies were having a go at Rockstar for remastering GTA V. Without them remastering it they wouldn't have sustained it for so long. Now everybody who buys a new console tends to buy GTA.

Also the amount of content they've given away free for the PS4/X1/PC versions is amazing.

Tawpgun

I double dipped.

Wish they would do a re-haul of their online infrastructure and make servers better.

Hoping microtransactions don't ruin RDR2

I don't want to be have the best horses in the game be stupid expensive.

Top Bottom