• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V Launching Spring 2013 On Xbox 360/PS3 [Officially Confirmed By Rockstar]

Status
Not open for further replies.

bud23

No. It is not. At all. LOL, why do people keep posting this?

You guys really give Nintendo that much credit? Nintendo's good with their own initiatives and LTTP in absolutely everything else. You think they're smart enough to push to make a deal for a GTAV port? LOL, they won't talk about their online service.

Damn,my post was sarcastic,I never expected a Wii U version.I thought it was clear.

Was it posted?

gtafive.pl_gtav_spring2013_1.jpg

gtafive.pl_gtav_spring2013_2.jpg

source: PS3Site.pl
GTA-Five.pl

Well, hype. I really hope this game turns out awesome.

Crazy they really aren't doing a Wii-U version. :lol

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
No. It is not. At all. LOL, why do people keep posting this?

You guys really give Nintendo that much credit? Nintendo's good with their own initiatives and LTTP in absolutely everything else. You think they're smart enough to push to make a deal for a GTAV port? LOL, they won't talk about their online service.

Nintendo has approached Rockstar about Grand Theft Auto before, hence the Wii getting Manhunt 2 and a Bully port, while the DS received GTA: Chinatown Wars which was exclusive for a bit. I believe a bunch of people thought GTA V WiiU was coming because one of the very first rumors from 01net about WiiU was Rockstar recieving dev kits and working on GTA V. I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't coming, but I won't rule it out completely until Rockstar publicly rules out a WiiU version themselves. Missing out on GTA V though would be a major blow for WiiU, and if so Nintendo might as well blow a kiss goodbye to any major western third party support outside of the usual.

Hopefully theres a surprise next-gen version

It'd be nice to get a next-gen re-release in about 2015.

They could release it a year or so before GTA VI and would probably be a good transition project for the team.

Just give me an option to install on my HD, better graphics, lighting, and particle effects, greater population density, and a couple more sidequests.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
I didn't say that there wasn't any good music in GTA4. I just said that it isn't as good as Vice City. That's widely regarded as the best soundtrack in the series.
Widely regarded? It is the best soundtrack, bar none, with GTA 3 close behind.

If it ain't Radio Espantoso, it ain't shit

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I've put a lengthy mod note at the top of this new thread.

Yes, you can discuss platform here, but don't bring it into the Game Informer details thread in November.

If they make a comment about the platform in the magazine, I'll make it a separate thread and it can be discuss there.

Don't Rockstar publish GTA as well as develop it ?.

They're a wholly owned subsidiary of Take-Two, in the same way Blizzard is part of Activision Blizzard.

jmizzal

So Nintendo really didn't manage to get it on the Wii U? Geez...

Its still to early to say that Need for Speed MW just got confirmed this week, and its an already announced Square Enix game coming to WiiU next year that we still dont know what it is, GTAV could be in the same boat getting a late announcement.

Ridley327

Well, this certainly explains the total media blackout on the title at this point; Rockstar North really has been working full-stop on the game to make a spring 2013 date!

Bold strategy, but I can't imagine any other franchise with that kind of cachet that could pull it off like GTA.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
If that game is that close to launch then where is the media for this? We barely know anything about the game.

L.A. Noire had its rereveal at about the same time of year in Game Informer two years ago.

That should be out on the first Thursday of November, so in about 5 days.

Hmm. I can't help but be really deflated knowing this won't be a next-gen title. I feel like there's not a ton Rockstar can do to impress me with a new GTA title on current hardware.

Really makes me curious how this is going to turn out as a whole.

jbug617

Banned
No mention of a wii-u version is kinda of worrying. I think Rockstar had to know about wii-u for a while so not having the game launch on all 3 consoles at the saw time is weird.

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
I hope they took on board some of the criticism that GTA4 had. In particular actually making the game fun. Liberty City was great setting but it was so boring. I'm looking forward to more info but i'm not holding my breath.

I hope they took on board some of the criticism that GTA4 had. In particular actually making the game fun. Liberty City was great setting but it was so boring. I'm looking forward to more info but i'm not holding my breath.

I hope its big in the cheats department, that was so fun in GTASA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom