• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V map pieced together

While this isn't officially released by Rockstar, it's probably close to the final thing as Rockstar's been releasing snippets of the whole map recently. The pieces were all collected and pieced together by the guys on the GTAForums (hardcore group of folks lol).

DAT COUNTRYSIDE.

http://www.oxm.co.uk/55175/complete-gta-5-map-assembled-by-fans-the-new-los-santos-revealed/

grand-theft-auto-V-map.jpg

It's hard to relate size from two maps, but just for the heck of it, this is San Andreas' map:

grandtheftautosanandreak.jpg

SgtCobra

Yes, finally some "remote" islands on a GTA game.
this looks delicious, here's hoping Rockstars statements about the size of the map weren't overblown because the city doesn't look that big to me.

Shahadan

Looking forward to the inevitable missions forcing you to go from the city to the far north of the map and then come back.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I like the way it all converges in the south. Has this sort of natural layout you don't get from SA's map.

Huh? What snippets of the map have been released besides the piece from the pre-order pictures?? Isn't everything above the city area still guesswork from the fans using the in game screens?

hackdog

Banned
I just hope there is some payoff for exploring. GTA4 had oodles of acreage to explore but not a great deal more to do. Yakuza 3 however had little acreage but too much to do.
I love the GTA idea but at times it just seems like a navigation simulator with some dodgy combat thrown in. Just imagine a GTA with the driving physics of Gran Turismo and the combat of a CoD and the exploration of an Oblivion and the sidequests and mini-games of a Yakuza...

I assume from here:

Yeah, that's the pre-order screen I meant. Aside from that, nearly the whole upper half of the map in the OP is fan created using in-game screenshots as reference. Large areas of land up there haven't even been shown yet. The northern part of the city isn't even complete in the picture, it just fades away.

tpax

Banned
I can only hope this won't be like SA, because for me it felt so "inconsistent". What I would hope for are some explorable areas like mines or underground facilities on the countryside, I adore such kind of stuff.

GlamFM

Banned
While this isn't officially released by Rockstar, it's probably close to the final thing as Rockstar's been releasing snippets of the whole map recently. The pieces were all collected and pieced together by the guys on the GTAForums (hardcore group of folks lol).

Wrong. R* have released snippets of the lower 3rd. The rest is made up by OXM and afaik completely wrong. Check out the GTA 5 o clock map if you want an idea of how the map might look like.

Lucent

Wow! This definitely looks like San Andreas. =D

There's all that city but then there's a LOT of other areas. That's what I loved about San Andreas. Could leave the city and go out to the mountains and all kinds of stuff. Bringing the fun back that they took away from GTAIV.

Zukuu

Banned
I hate this kind of "drive long distances". Why not GTA 3 style + surroundings, rather than SA without 2 additional cities?

kotor22

Nice! Always glad to see a big map :) , also I see the froman but initially I saw an old lady looking to the left, hair bun top right haha

EDIT: dont know how i saw a bun, i need sleep . . .

Wrong. R* have released snippets of the lower 3rd. The rest is made up by OXM and afaik completely wrong. Check out the GTA 5 o clock map if you want an idea if how the map will look.

And they still warned that despite seeing the game and using 100's of screens to make their map, they've still guessed and "taken liberties" creating the upper half. It's all speculation at this point (regardless of how accurate the maps turn out to be) aside from the official Rockstar snippet.

Acorn

I just hope there is some payoff for exploring. GTA4 had oodles of acreage to explore but not a great deal more to do. Yakuza 3 however had little acreage but too much to do.
I love the GTA idea but at times it just seems like a navigation simulator with some dodgy combat thrown in. Just imagine a GTA with the driving physics of Gran Turismo and the combat of a CoD and the exploration of an Oblivion and the sidequests and mini-games of a Yakuza...

That game would never be finished.

I hate this kind of "drive long distances". Why not GTA 3 style + surroundings, rather than SA without 2 additional cities?

Well....you can also fly. :3

I do kinda hope they stick a city on the other side as well so that you have to drive though the big wilderness to get from one to another instead of just making the wilderness only mater when you have to go to it directly. Although some of the best SA missions were the series of small town robberies...

JDSN

Banned
Good, I think that the other city based on San Francisco on SA was redundant and same-y. One City is more than enough if the rural towns are big enough.

Good, I think that the other city based on San Francisco on SA was redundant and same-y. One City is more than enough if the rural towns are big enough.

Common now, they had a completely different feel to them. All of San Fierro was Hilly and full of more upscale stuff while Los Santos had a more lower city feel going on for it. Highways right around small houses and big tall buildings close by with the rich housing overlooking it all.

Top Bottom