• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V new screenshots

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
If I didn't know better, I'd say that the fifth screenshot is of Alan Wake.

bud23

What makes this game great is its superlative art direction, not its graphics.

Driving through this vast world while listening to music ,or simply stop anywhere and feel the vibe for a while....GTA V is going to be something else.

MCN

Banned
I so, so want there to not be a Next-Gen version, so all the whiny twats demanding one never get their way. Honestly now, is there anything at all to suggest there will be a next-gen version? Anything?

DirtyLarry

Checks vacation and sick days left at work. Plenty left of both.
About to send meeting planner to boss for personal day off on the 17th, remembers preorder is from Amazon, decides on the 18th instead.

zomaha

man, sucks for you people with ridiculous standards that think this game actually looks bad, you won't be able to enjoy it like i will. i feel sorry for y'all

MCN

Banned
terribad really now?

Welcome to the wonderful world of hyperbole. Remember there is no middle ground here. Everything is either the best thing ever and will solve world hunger and end wars, or the worst thing to ever happen to humanity, possibly even the universe, and those responsible should to put to death immediately.

I so, so want there to not be a Next-Gen version, so all the whiny twats demanding one never get their way. Honestly now, is there anything at all to suggest there will be a next-gen version? Anything?

From the Leslie Benzies (Director of the GTA games) interview with CVG a few weeks back, after the GTAOnline reveal, it sounds like Rockstar's focus will really be on GTA:O after V comes out. I'm thinking (and benzie's interview + CVG analysis) seemed to suggest that GTAV might be an isolated experience on current gen consoles (and likely PC), but that GTA Online would eventually see a release on the nextgen. Benzies said that GTAO is a huge focus and that they'd support it for years ot come, which sort of suggests that -- sooner rather than later -- GTA Online will come to the next gen.

I would expect, at that point, that GTA O will launch on a PS4 or Xbone with a new map, something like Vice City or Liberty City + an version of Los Santos with higher fidelity than GTA V.

terribad... really now?

"That HAS to be PC or next gen!"

"Graphics are terribad."

ibgldiO38zZ4TG.gif

MCN

Banned
From the Leslie Benzies (Director of the GTA games) interview with CVG a few weeks back, after the GTAOnline reveal, it sounds like Rockstar's focus will really be on GTA:O after V comes out. I'm thinking (and benzie's interview + CVG analysis) seemed to suggest that GTAV might be an isolated experience on current gen consoles (and likely PC), but that GTA Online would eventually see a release on the nextgen. Benzies said that GTAO is a huge focus and that they'd support it for years ot come, which sort of suggests that -- sooner rather than later -- GTA Online will come to the next gen.

I would expect, at that point, that GTA O will launch on a PS4 or Xbone with a new map, something like Vice City or Liberty City + an version of Los Santos with higher fidelity than GTA V.

I fully expect GTA Online to be the future of the series, to be honest.

Absinthe

I'm surprised so many people are complaining about the graphics of a GTA game. We all know the gameplay will be great and so far the story, with the inclusion of 3 protagonists, looks to be a welcome modification to the traditional GTA formula.

Theecliff

Banned
Excited as fuck but the graphics are pretty terribad.
Really?

Only in GTAV threads do you have people claiming that the visuals look way to good for current gen at the same time as people saying the visuals look way too poor. It's ridiculous.

Doran902

i like the semi team fortress style shaders they have going on

alot of things look like rubber

game has to be better than gta4

Akai__

What is wrong with people these days?

Cheech

Common sense and $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

Nobody is "whining". Come on.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
So does anyone know how big the digital PSN release is going to be? I've heard 18.1 gigs but I've also heard it's 8 gigs to install and 16 gigs on the disc for the physical release which doesn't seem to add up.

Fjordson

Looks good. Love the night shots.

I'm pretty positive there are hundreds (if not thousands) games that are better than GTA5 on PS360.
:lol szaromir, your posts in GTA topics are always so over the top and hyperbolic.

Take some Advil, maybe go take a nap, and stop thinking about GTA. For your health man. These games seem to get your blood boiling.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
It's starting to get ridiculous that every GTA thread turns into a port begging fest within the first 50 posts.

Get the fuck over it. If you want to play the game you'll have to do it on 360 or PS3. If you want to sit and cry while the rest of us have fun keep dreaming about a ps4/xbone version thats probably not happening. Best next gen is going to get is GTA online. TruthOpinion

What can you crybabies only afford to buy 1 game a year? If it's going to "pain you so much" then why the fuck not buy it twice.

On topic: I can't wait. Another 2 weeks that's it. I actually have around 200 hours of PTO from the job that I have to be able to buy more than 1 game a year so I'm taking the 18th and 19th off to get my GTAV fix.

x3sphere

The game looks great to me, and I'm used to gaming 2560x1600 with 2x or 4x SSAA on PC.

Sure, if you fixate on all the small details there's a lot of signs this is clearly running on PS360. But taking in the screens as whole, it looks great. Although I can't wait for the eventual PC release there's nothing that's going to stop me from playing it on consoles.

jaaz

This is one reason why I'm going with the 360 version. I fear the Last of Us took most of what life was left in my 60 gig PS3.

You are a brave person, I didn't even try to play the TLoU on my fatboy PS3. And it certainly isn't going to play GTA V either. But I'm getting it for the PS3 slim I bought last year to replace the fatboy. It's GTA, it just seems RIGHT to play it on a Playstation...

nice, more bullshots! Cant wait for the game to hit so I can see what it actually looks like

Unless you are watching these screenshots on an iPhone these are definitely not bullshots any longer. Cutscenes? Could be, but there are plenty of soft textures and lack of aliasing going on for them not to be called bullshots.

My expectations in graphics for this game is low, because I know it's a current gen title, and I know that the game itself will be so good that I won't have to think about the graphics as much.

They look acceptable I suppose.

acceptable? are we looking at the same pics? it looks amazing to me. Wow i just don't understand the mindset of people on this forum. Looks acceptable? looks current gen? wow

Orbis

It looks really good considering the insane scale of what they're trying to achieve. I love me some high res, 60fps+ gaming on PC as much as anyone would, but that all means shit when there aren't many games on PC that can capture me like GTA V hopefully will. That is of course, until it someday reaches PC, and on that day I'll happily buy it again.

But for now, day one PS3 for me.

jaaz

Unless you are watching these screenshots on an iPhone these are definitely not bullshots any longer. Cutscenes? Could be, but there are plenty of soft textures and lack of aliasing going on for them not to be called bullshots.

I thought R* didn't release bullshots. Or so I heard.

Top Bottom