• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V PC listed on Amazon Germany

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gustav

Banned
its%20happening%20ron%20paul%20animated%20GIF.gif

No release date given. Click me for link.

bmdubya

Neo Member
Do some people believe it won't come out for PC? It will be like GTA IV, it will come out some time after the console versions are released.

Raven77

The fact that R* refuses to acknowledge the existence of a PC version, to me, means one of two things:

1. They DO NOT have a pc version or next gen version in development.

2. They DO have a PC version in development but may not be able to show it or speak about it due to it possibly being tied up in some form of exclusivity with a NEXT GEN console.

Think about it. The game was delayed to the fall - the game is incredibly amibitious for current gen - and they have done exclusive stuff in the past like with the GTA 4 dlc. IF they are developing a next gen version, obviously they wouldn't want to reveal the PC version NOW because it will just make the next gen versions look the same or possibly even worse.

Theecliff

Banned
The fact that R* refuses to acknowledge the existence of a PC version, to me, means one of two things:

2. They DO have a PC version in development but may not be able to show it or speak about it due to it possibly being tied up in some form of exclusivity with a NEXT GEN console.

Think about it. The game was delayed to the fall - the game is incredibly amibitious for current gen - and they have done exclusive stuff in the past like with the GTA 4 dlc. IF they are developing a next gen version, obviously they wouldn't want to reveal the PC version NOW because it will just make the next gen versions look the same or possibly even worse.
Or they do have PC and next gen versions, but don't want to announce them until after the current gen versions are released.

SparkTR

I'd say they focused on current gen consoles for efficiency and business reasons (they were delaying the game like crazy) and have only recently started working on a PC version.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Not that I'm saying this is likely or isn't...

But Rockstar almost always announces their stuff one at a time. IE if a game's in development, they won't try to talk about anything BUT that game until it's out.

It's this generations last hurrah, they aren't going to do anything to jeopardise sales which includes announcing next-gen or PC versions. If they announced either version before it comes out on current gen I would cancel my pre-order there and then.

I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't say anything until the game is released.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom