• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V PC |OT| Benny Hill Sped Up Fake Gamey Edition

Jtrizzy

The scope of this game is really blowing my mind right now. I had it on PS3 and 4, but quit after very little time because of IQ/Frame rate. But seeing such a huge and detailed open world like this is amazing. I'm on the verge of getting a second 970 just to get better AA, it looks really bad during the day in the city unfortunately. Of course the later in the day is when it really starts to look amazing.

It's also such a huge step up in every way from IV, which was ugly and had poor framerates on PS3 and PC for me.

Shout out to CarbonFire for some race trading and insane survival rounds!

Good games, thanks for the couple of race wins. It used to be so much easier to get into races in the early days of GTA Online, back before heists.

And man, those survivals don't seem nearly as hard as I remember them. Combination of high level and mouse accuracy seems to smooth them out quite a bit. Wonder if we'll ever get more advanced Survival jobs?

Enco

GTA Online is amazing and I've logged a huge amount of hours.

HOWEVER, the fucking lag and desync is horrendous. It can make it almost unplayable. Driving at high speeds should be fun. Not a nightmare.

I have fiber optic so I just don't understand. R* need to fix this.

ombz

I'm so glad the installer recognized my already downloaded files. It would've been so painful to redownload everything after reformating

GTA Online is amazing and I've logged a huge amount of hours.

HOWEVER, the fucking lag and desync is horrendous. It can make it almost unplayable. Driving at high speeds should be fun. Not a nightmare.

I have fiber optic so I just don't understand. R* need to fix this.

Not to mention that you can't choose to have regional matchmaking, so you'll inevitably be put in a game with someone on the other side of the world so the lag is fucking ridiculous, and you obviously can't communicate due to the language barrier.

Enco

Not to mention that you can't choose to have regional matchmaking, so you'll inevitably be put in a game with someone on the other side of the world so the lag is fucking ridiculous, and you obviously can't communicate due to the language barrier.
Don't even get me started on communication.

99% of the time I'm the only one talking. It's pretty sad. I feel like a loser for talking and not getting a reply.

Don't even get me started on communication.

99% of the time I'm the only one talking. It's pretty sad. I feel like a loser for talking and not getting a reply.

I'd be talking plenty if the game would properly recognize and worked with my mic. Unfortunately half the time even when I set it to always on, my mic will stop working after a couple of game loads.

What's even sillier than being the only one talking? Being the only one talking when no one can hear you :p

The other major issue with communications in jobs is that chat doesn't work unless you're already connected, or already in the same "instance". So while you can talk to people using voice in lobbies before you've technically connected, chat is worthless until the host starts the job.

So was clothes getting dirty when in the desert something added for the current gen versions? I don't remember it happening on PS3. Noticed it when I went into Suburban, the clothes would fade from clean to dirty when selecting them.

Jwvb.png

Iwvb.png

Nwvb.png

Owvb.png

Also:

Pwvb.png

Man, I love motorcycles in this game. Especially in first person. I love getting in shotgun rampages on them, I love doing jumps and tricks with them, etc. so I've been practicing the last couple nights online just figuring out how to flow throughout the city, relying less on roads and more on turning every little ledge, shrub, bollard, or whatever into jumps to shortcut me across the place.

My buddy and I were on tonight and we decided to compete, see who could survive on the back of a motorcycle shooting cops longer on the same route. So at one point during our rampage, he accidentally separates from me, taking a higher route and leaving me to deal with all the cops myself!

DrBudget: "Oh shit, man, I accidentally took the on-ramp."

Dreadwrought (me): "...That won't be a problem."

God damn, I love bikes in this game. I'm gonna sell all my cars and load my whole garage with them :p

Man, I love motorcycles in this game. Especially in first person. I love getting in shotgun rampages on them, I love doing jumps and tricks with them, etc. so I've been practicing the last couple nights online just figuring out how to flow throughout the city, relying less on roads and more on jumps and shit to shortcut me across the place.

My buddy and I were on tonight and we decided to compete, see who could survive on the back of a motorcycle shooting cops longer on the same route. So at one point during our rampage, he accidentally separates from me, taking a higher route and leaving me to deal with all the cops myself!

DrBudget: "Oh shit, man, I accidentally took the on-ramp."

Dreadwrought (me): "...That won't be a problem."

God damn, I love bikes in this game.

Jesus christ man, holy shit.

I need to get better at the game, I mean the bikes were amazing but wow that is some next level shit.

I need to buy this for PC. Ugh, but I am waiting for a sale since I already have the PS4 remaster.

Jesus christ man, holy shit.

I need to get better at the game, I mean the bikes were amazing but wow that is some next level shit.

I need to buy this for PC. Ugh, but I am waiting for a sale since I already have the PS4 remaster.

it's like

here's your bike

arac-zxs-motorcycle-concept3.jpg

here's what happens if you hit a ledge

412718_10150977901521944_1702299924_o.jpg

here's what happens when you get your wheelie timing down and you hit the same ledge

2002_e_t_the_extra_terrestrial_013.jpg

Vuze

Any ideas how to determine which "Under The Bridge" flight I'm missing? I've got 49/50 after following a guide and randomly flying around... I'm not gonna do all of them again. I tried a save editor that supposedly shows this but of course I'm lucky as always and the "Under The Bridge" spots are bugged for PC saves as of now lol

So silly that R* has apparently no way to check this in-game...

E: Nvm... I missed one on the canal route. Thank god it didn't take me too long to figure that out!

bbd23

man I didnt know you could run into the other characters while fucking around with a different one.

that was a cool moment. trevor randomly crashing into me :D

man I didnt know you could run into the other characters while fucking around with a different one.

that was a cool moment. trevor randomly crashing into me :D

I've heard about it being possible, and one of the Steam achievements even requires you to have all three characters together.

I've played 50+ hours and have never had it happen :(.

I've heard about it being possible, and one of the Steam achievements even requires you to have all three characters together.

You can call the other two characters to hang out via phonecall at any given time, that's how you would get the achievement. There's actually a fair bit of dialogue between them too, and they even talk about the finale of the game if you get the boys together after completion.

I posted about it once or twice some time ago, but my current PC playthrough is my third (after PS4 and PS3), and something I had noticed during my PS4 playthrough was that I was running into other player characters unprompted a lot more often than during either my PS3 playthrough, where it happened maybe three times during the entire game, or during my PC game so far, where it hasn't happened once. During my PS4 playthrough which I didn't even finished it must have happened more than half a dozen times, where I'd be driving around as one character and recognize another's vehicle from the corner of my eye, or outright run into them.

Meeting other characters in random can happen, there may be times when they are like a block away from each other. If you immediately go to where they last where, chances are they will still be there.

As for the achievement, outside of a mission, call one of them first to hang out, go to where he's at, before picking him up call the other guy and tell him to hang out together, then pick them both up, and start wreaking havoc. The easiest place to go is at the airport, where there's ample space to drive around, shoot cops, etc. You only need to survive with all of them in the car for three minutes.

Something's not right with the second trial in flight school. I land and get through the first checkpoint ok, and I turn like I'm instructed to into the finishing checkpoint, but I go through and nothing happens and when I go to turn around I'm failed for going outside the boundaries or something.

Anyone else experiencing this bug?

Vuze

Something's not right with the second trial in flight school. I land and get through the first checkpoint ok, and I turn like I'm instructed to into the finishing checkpoint, but I go through and nothing happens and when I go to turn around I'm failed for going outside the boundaries or something.

Anyone else experiencing this bug?
I think you have to stand still at the finishing checkpoint.

Had to RMA my 780 over the weekend. And in the process of installing the replacement I somehow shorted out the NIC on the mobo. So my weekend last weekend was severely crippled. Got a new NIC to installed in my mobo and I will be playing tonight. My 780 must have been dying as I've noticed performance is much better with the replacement card. Now for Nvidia to release the 980ti so I can finally upgrade and use the 780 as a PhysX dedicated card.

s3baman

Neo Member
Any news on the sales numbers? Last we've heard was 2 million copies in the first two weeks, but those are only the steam sales. I reckon we're quite a bit higher than that now if we count retail and other digital stores.

Those daily objectives really are addictive. Have been completing them everyday since release now and they keep on giving me new ways to play. It's like crack. I want new ones as soon as I've completed the 3 a day gives you.

Had to RMA my 780 over the weekend. And in the process of installing the replacement I somehow shorted out the NIC on the mobo. So my weekend last weekend was severely crippled. Got a new NIC to installed in my mobo and I will be playing tonight. My 780 must have been dying as I've noticed performance is much better with the replacement card. Now for Nvidia to release the 980ti so I can finally upgrade and use the 780 as a PhysX dedicated card.

Bummer man, glad the new one is working better.

Will the 980ti be that big of an upgrade over the 780?

Exited a mission on GTA Online, alt-tabbed, and returned to find a monkey man hanging on my back claiming I was using god mode. He kept punching me and doing no damage, and then everything around us would blow up, killing us both. He was also flaming me in voice chat for whatever reason.

Anyone know what was happening?

Philtastic

Exited a mission on GTA Online, alt-tabbed, and returned to find a monkey man hanging on my back claiming I was using god mode. He kept punching me and doing no damage, and then everything around us would blow up, killing us both. He was also flaming me in voice chat for whatever reason.

Hackers. One teleport to me and gave me $1.5 million. I started driving off but he teleported into my car. Fortunately, I disappeared into a heist at that point.

Sarcasm

Think I am at last main quest in story mode. I reloaded and hopefully made extra saves so I can try out all three endings.

I would go with C..because screw that rich guy

What Philtastic said. Nothing to do but join a job or find a new session. As soon as I see someone pulling that stuff, I immediately bail.

Bummer man, glad the new one is working better.

Will the 980ti be that big of an upgrade over the 780?

If leaks are anything to go by, and generally just the way Nvidia's upward curve in releases(the 9xx line of cards is fantastic) and the fact that AMD has some big things on the horizon. Yeah, the 980ti will be a pretty big jump in performance, much bigger than just the 980. Assuming that the card(980ti) releases in the $650~ range, I've been saving money bit by bit for the last year for an upgrade and have been itching to pull the trigger for Witcher 3, I've decided to hold strong. The fact that Nvidia is giving away Witcher 3/Batman for 9x0 line of cards just reaffirms my thinking that they are really trying to clear stock to make room for a new baby.

If leaks are anything to go by, and generally just the way Nvidia's upward curve in releases(the 9xx line of cards is fantastic) and the fact that AMD has some big things on the horizon. Yeah, the 980ti will be a pretty big jump in performance, much bigger than just the 980. Assuming that the card(980ti) releases in the $650~ range, I've been saving money bit by bit for the last year for an upgrade and have been itching to pull the trigger for Witcher 3, I've decided to hold strong. The fact that Nvidia is giving away Witcher 3/Batman for 9x0 line of cards just reaffirms my thinking that they are really trying to clear stock to make room for a new baby.

Do Nvidia cards have a history of price drops when the new model comes around? Considering upgrading from my 2GB 770 to a 980 at some point, but I'm wondering if I should wait first.

laxu

Do Nvidia cards have a history of price drops when the new model comes around? Considering upgrading from my 2GB 770 to a 980 at some point, but I'm wondering if I should wait first.

The 980 is the most likely one to see a price drop. Probably not a huge one though. You should wait for the 980 Ti to see how it performs. If it comes close to the Titan X, when overclocked you could get nearly 970 SLI performance from a single card.

Think I am at last main quest in story mode. I reloaded and hopefully made extra saves so I can try out all three endings.

I would go with C..because screw that rich guy
I would go for the
no deaths
one for your main ending, just to maximize
gameplay opportunities
after the story line finish. Even if you don't feel like you will play much offline, idk i just would make it so my canonical ending wasn't one of those two. Also if someone makes some amazing mod that is
character specific, it would suck to not be able to play it.

You can replay the missions with the mission replay feature if you want to check out all endings, but only your main choice has an effect on the end of the game / after game.

roytheone

After completing the single-player, I have put around 2 hours in GTA online, and am I playing it wrong, or is this kinda shitty when played with random persons? The load times are incredibly long, it takes ages to get into a lobby, 9 out of 10 times the lobby never fills up and you are stuck with a 1 VS 2 match-up or something like that, backing out of a lobby means staring at ANOTHER very long loading screen, the co-op missions are very boring and mostly are "drive to this place, kill some dudes, drive back", if you even can find enough players to play them. Am I missing something, or what?

I would go for the
no deaths
one for your main ending, just to maximize
gameplay opportunities
after the story line finish. Even if you don't feel like you will play much offline, idk i just would make it so my canonical ending wasn't one of those two. Also if someone makes some amazing mod that is
character specific, it would suck to not be able to play it.

You can replay the missions with the mission replay feature if you want to check out all endings, but only your main choice has an effect on the end of the game / after game.

So I can play through option A and option B without it affecting my game?

The 980 is the most likely one to see a price drop. Probably not a huge one though. You should wait for the 980 Ti to see how it performs. If it comes close to the Titan X, when overclocked you could get nearly 970 SLI performance from a single card.

I have no doubt that it'll be extremely powerful, but it'll also more than likely be way out of my price range lol.

Hackers. One teleport to me and gave me $1.5 million. I started driving off but he teleported into my car. Fortunately, I disappeared into a heist at that point.

What Philtastic said. Nothing to do but join a job or find a new session. As soon as I see someone pulling that stuff, I immediately bail.

Ah, I thought as much but his vitriol was throwing me off. This online community is bizarre, haha.

CHC

Man property ownership SUCKS so hard, it's just like some shitty mobile game. Constantly being pestered by my own employees to go chase a shipment isn't even remotely fun, I regret buying anything since my phone is constantly ringing. It's terrible.

Top Bottom