• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V PC Rumors – Low VS High, GTX 770 Not Powerful Enough For 60FPS At max settings

According to NFOHUMP’s member ‘Neon‘, an NVIDIA GTX 770 Lighting Edition (accompanied with an i5 3570K) is not enough for constant 60fps at max settings (even without MSAA enabled). Still, Neon provided a new image from the game’s graphics options and according to him, the aforementioned PC system was able to run the game with constant 60fps using the following settings.

In addition, Neon provided a Low vs High comparison screenshot (low is on the left whereas high is on the right. We strongly suggest opening these images in new tabs). From what we can see, there are some minor differences between these images, though the Texture quality seems the same in both of them. We don’t know whether this is caused by not restarting the game (some games require a restart otherwise the previously applied textures remain intact). For what is worth, there are differences when it comes to lighting, shadows, reflections and the draw distance. Whether all these differences are caused by a different TOD setting remains a mystery.

QVuzxgz.jpg

http://www.dsogaming.com/news/gta-v...ot-powerful-enough-for-60fps-at-max-settings/

Shadownet

Banned
Hmmm this does not bode well for my GTX 760. But I knew that already, a long time ago.

Edit: man AssCreed Unity could really use that Pedestrian density option..

WillyFive

I hate when Low and High settings look virtually identical, might as well not have included them if they are optimized so poorly.

Addnan

Well I don't know if that is real or not but I hope a 770 is not enough to max it out. That just shows a lack of trying on Rockstars part if a 770 can get high framerate at highest setting.

goodfella

90% sure that is fake. No difference in AO between shots, shadows could be attributed to different time of day, car reflections look exactly the same I think.

Looks like a change in photoshop contrast or something for the view distance.

No change in textures or AA.

meptrep

Def fake. Thread should be closed or at least the title should be changed.

It's really weird how DSO Gaming posts stuff like this but also has actually decent content, sometimes.

Leb

If a 770 can't produce better looking fake screenshots than what was posted above, I'm honestly not sure why anyone bothers with PC gaming.

Megasoum

Banned
Shocking news - GTA PC version runs terribly.... Nothing surprising here.

The only time that engine ever worked well on PC was for Max Payne 3 which is a corridor shooter with minuscule levels.

nOoblet16

I hate when Low and High settings look virtually identical, might as well not have included them if they are optimized so poorly.

Actually, if anything this means it's more optimised because they managed to get a look similar to high (obviously with lower precision) at low settings.

Crytek made a note of this in Crysis 2 when they mentioned how PC games usually just turned off everything for low settings which would hurt the game's look and art considerably. Instead they would use lower quality version of the same effects and outright remove only the super taxing options.

The game won't look substantially better than GTAV PSBone versions because the technology is still last generation. What it will do however is render everything at full quality even the things far off for high settings, and that is where PC gets its advantage.

Sini

I just realized that new console versions had POM, right? But that settings menu doesn't let it to be turned on or off. Could be sign of it being fake I guess.

Skyzard

Banned
High looking the same as low except for some shadows? Thanks for nothing Rockstar.

ohh wait user screens.

Maybe he has to restart the game or some crap for things to take effect... should have read op, it mentions that.

Why are we on fucking user screenshots? I thought it was coming this month?

The user doesn't even tell us how the framerate holds while driving fast in GTA, something they're well known for. But we get info on mp3 renaming -__-

Yudoken

We can't know for sure, maximum settings and 4xMSAA can bring any hardware to its knee if the game comes with a plethora of great rendering techniques.

I probably will not use high AA options but I will use highest graphics settings.
Hopefully they patched the game until then (I weill wait and buy it after a few months later).

Megasoum

Banned
Is the game out, mate?

Also isn't the team behind perfect Max Payne 3 PC doing the PC of GTAV?

Seriously, people need to stop comparing the two... It's apple and oranges.

Sure they use the same engine but they are completely different games with different scope.

I do have to give Rockstar some credit for including all the same options as GTA4, including pedestrian and vehicle density. But at the same time, I am not really surprised by the early performance rumours.

Kezen

Banned
I probably will not use high AA options but I will use highest graphics settings.
Hopefully they patched the game until then (I weill wait and buy it after a few months later).

If I were you I would not be surprised if a single 970 can't max out games at 60fps. I don't know if GTA 5 is going to be as hardware crushing as we believe, but if the game is exactly the same as the already impressive current gen remaster then it should get pretty close to that.

Top Bottom