• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V: Premium Online Edition. GTA V gets a new physical & digital version of the game (Xbone, PC & PS4)

Are you planning to pick up this new version of GTA V?

• YES! Rockstar, take all of my money

• NOPE; I already own five copies of GTA V

• I only like Nintendo games

• I haven't upgraded from my Sega Dreamcast yet but maybe

Results are only viewable after voting.
I0IRgeIl.jpg

Quoted from Gamespot:

"Almost 5 years and 90 million copies shipped after Grand Theft Auto V was released in September 2013, developer Rockstar Games today released a "new" version of the open-world game. The $85 GTA V: Premium Online Edition, as it's called, includes the main game, an up-to-date version of GTA Online, and the Criminal Enterprises Starter Pack.

This pack comes with $1 million in GTA$, along with things like properties, weapons, vehicles, and businesses to help you get off the ground running (see the full list below). The Criminal Enterprises Starter Pack has been available for months already. If you already own GTA V, you can get the starter pack for $40 by itself.

It is no surprise that this new version of GTA V--which will be sold in physical and digital stores for PS4, Xbox One, and PC--is focused around GTA Online. The online mode continues to be incredibly popular, with its microtransactions still pulling in lots and lots of money. "

Source

Hyperlink to the Amazon physical copy (clean link & not monetized): https://tinyurl.com/y9zo9ew9

Redshirt

Banned
Didn't this release a while ago?

Anyway, not really that good of a deal seeing how cheap GTA V has been recently. Maybe that's just PC, though.

Didn't this release a while ago?

Anyway, not really that good of a deal seeing how cheap GTA V has been recently. Maybe that's just PC, though.

I think the retail version was made available sometime last month. I thought that I'd post it here anyway as no one else did and for anyone who values retail copies & who wanted to pick up a patched retail version of the single player game.

Old news, new thread. Isn't that the rule? Wait...

Last edited:
I never knew Rockstar would come to this. Sad.

I remember praising RS and much i praise CDpr now.

It's sad, I know. The fact that no single player expansions or DLC were ever planned or developed for GTA V is a massive shame and a genuine lost opportunity. GTA V was a generation defining game release (arguably, the PC, Xbone and PS4 release was the true release of the game) and Rockstar completely dropped the ball in order to focus on harvesting the quick online bucks, rather than expanding on the single player component.

But on a positive note: at least we're all finally getting RDR2 in several months time and it looks amazing.

Last edited:

Personal conjecture: I think that any form of DLC that was originally planned for GTA V has now become the core game design for GTA VI. It'll now be a cross-gen game but the launch date will be inline with the PS5 and Xbox Two release dates. The ~2020 online monetised component will follow as a patch and keep 2K & their many shareholders very happy until 2023.

Last edited:

LostDonkey

The online is great when it works (ps4).

It takes far too long to load stuff and people drop out of heists and it just becomes annoying and I end up turning it off.

I really hope GTA6 is much more streamlined online.

gioGAF

It's sad, I know. The fact that no single player expansions or DLC were ever planned or developed for GTA V is a massive shame and a genuine lost opportunity. GTA V was a generation defining game release (arguably, the PC, Xbone and PS4 release was the true release of the game) and Rockstar completely dropped the ball in order to focus on harvesting the quick online bucks, rather than expanding on the single player component.

But on a positive note: at least we're all finally getting RDR2 in several months time and it looks amazing.
I don't get the disappointment. GTA V remains one of the most complete and well done releases of last and this generation. Rather than nickel and diming you like everyone else, Rockstar created a complete single player experience that is self contained and does not rely on microtransactions. On top of that, they released GTA Online as part of the product, no additional cost. They did monetize the online component, but everything they released for it has been available to the community (which they have not split with stupid map pack style releases).

IMO, the monetization is also truly not mandatory like other developers have done. I have hopped on GTA Online on and off since release and I find that I can make enough money to experience new vehicles (though some are exorbitantly expensive) and enjoyed some nice additions (that turning into animals bit was fun). In other words, as far as I can tell, Rockstar is one of the only developers to have done it right in my book. Their single player component is COMPLETE, no bullshit required, and their online component doesn't force the microtransactions on you and it has received continous support since release + no loot box bullshit. Win win all the way.

All I can say is "I can't wait for Red Dead 2"!

cryptoadam

Banned
2025 Rockstar releases GTA V super duper edition, time for everyone to buy the game for the 10th time.

With the way GTA V sells they could hold off on releasing GTA VI for another few years and just keep re releasing GTA V every couple of years.

Fox Mulder

I understand why though. It's not for me, but they're making a fuck load of money from online. I put my 70 hours or whatever in the single player and moved on. I would have come back to see the $20-30 dlc episodes and left again.

Last edited:
Lol that poll, but it is true I did buy 5 of them ... They really should have made a Pro/X patch update for this.

Last edited:

ultrazilla

The Amazon link is only $60. Gotta check the PSN store and make sure it's 60 there too as I have a 9 dollar credit in my wallet. Good
time to jump in with what is basically a "game of the year" package.

Update: $60 on PSN Store as well. Now because Sony doesn't allow cross play, we can only play online against other PS4 players, correct? No pc cross play?

Anyone know of the chances that this will *EVER* get a PS4 Pro/Xbox One X "4K/HDR" patch?

Last edited:

manfestival

the poll is really stupid

anyways this is really a hard sell if you aren't crazy obsessed with GTAO. the game is 5 years old... this is worse than remaking ANOTHER skyrim

Top Bottom