• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V PS4/XONE Downgrade - Version 1.00 Vs 1.08 Comparison [edit: BUG]

Blastoise

Banned
Video showing graphics comparison between version 1.00 and 1.08 of GTA V.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZDCrY6Iysc

Maybe they had to reduce fidelity to make heists work. However the video was done in single player.

Some screen grabs:

R3IbeaC.jpg

p4JLvIw.jpg

EDIT: Update from Rockstar.

https://support.rockstargames.com/hc/en-us/articles/205228687-Issues-with-Graphical-Quality-in-GTAV-for-Xbox-One-and-PS4-after-Title-Update-1-08

Question: After updating to Title Update 1.08 on PS4 and Xbox One, there appears to be a deterioration of graphical quality. Is Rockstar investigating this issue?

Answer: We are aware of some graphical issues on the Xbox One and PS4 versions of GTAV after the most recent Title Update, and we are investigating a fix now. If you would like to receive an automatic email notification as soon as there is more information, please log into the Support Site and click Subscribe at the top of this page.

Is the reduced fidelity online or both? Going to watch the video now, that thumbnail ain't pretty. (EDIT: Seems like both).

What an era... Games getting downgraded via patches lol.

Solaire of Astora

Death by black JPN
Perhaps that explains how they fixed the frame rate issues in the ps4 version. Spent four or five hours with the game at the weekend and didn't notice anything aside from the improved frame rate.

DOWN

Banned
I didn't notice and almost wish I hadn't caught this thread. Hope they figure out how to get it back up.

Javin98

Banned
WTF?! Is this comparison legit? Something must be seriously wrong if Rockstar removed POM for slightly better frame rates. Which version was this tested on?

Why do video game companies always, always, always, "lie" or whatever to their customers. It's really amazing at how much shit they all try to pull

DOWN

Banned
This is a lot of downgrade for very little frame difference. I'd rather have the drops. At least it was always better than last gen.

I suppose it doesn't look good to be discovered this way but I think its a tradeoff for better performance.

Cant have it both ways otherwise you'd need more expensive hardware eventually. Thats not what consoles are for.

holy shit. i figured that the improved performance I had been hearing about was because of engine advancements made thanks to continued development on the PC version.

well, considering that's all i ever used my PS4 for, i'm not exactly regretting selling it to fund my PC at all anymore

Rope people in with real next gen graphics, then "fix" the framerate and hope people don't notice the downgrades.

I really hope the car destruction is a bug and they fix it, because extreme car damage has been a great part of the series since 4.

AmyS

WTF

Since I have the physical version for PS4, can I just delete and reinstall it when I want to play single player in order to have the original graphics, obviously at the cost of framerate, or is that not possible?

nib95

Banned
What the hell. Major downgrades all around. This is completely unacceptable. If it's to make room for online heists, just keep the downgrades for online only.

23qwerty

WTF

Since I have the physical version for PS4, can I just delete and reinstall it when I want to play single player in order to have the original graphics, obviously at the cost of framerate, or is that not possible?

You should be able to, yes

Top Bottom