• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V - The little details that caught your attention?

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

Dude, I didn't even know that's how those worked in real life..

Mr Swine

Banned
I got my tires popped and had been messing about with the Jerry can not too long before, when i had a crazy idea that maybe the sparks from my blown out wheels could light the fuel.

It works...

Also those campfires on the beach also work if you pour gas trail to them. Also the jerry can explodes if the fire reaches to it and that is such a cool and nice touch! :D

scsa

One of the biggest details is that the car dialogue doesn't get obstructed, if a random event happens with a car. Earlier, I would miss out on the in-game chatter between characters in the car, if the cops started pursuing us, or a collision. But here, it just resumes while the other character actually reacts to what happened in the world.

Randy

Was just passing by an Asian pedestrian calling with his cellphone. Sounded like Chinese. Pretty amazing detail.

Marleyman

Banned
The details were what made GTA IV my personal favorite game and GTA V has blown it out of the water. I know everyone is excited for online, as am I, but I know I will be putting in GTA V years later and STILL will marvel at the little details.

I know pedestrians commenting on dead bodies isn't anything new, but I was blown away recently with this god damn game. While waiting for the paramedics to take care of a dead prostitute I... found I spotted a young lady carrying a drink heading in my direction. She was still a good distance away when she stopped, dropped the cup, and stared for a few seconds before turning around and quickly walking away. She even held her shoulders in a visibly tense "shrug."

I don't know if this has been mentioned, but I was walking on the beach with Franklin when I saw a transvestite. I pushed right on the D pad for interaction, thinking he would give is usual 'sup bro', when suddenly he says 'you need to keep taking your hormones'.

andylsun

Break into an area with a cell phone tower mast, and it bleeds into the game audio - cell phone interference and static.

Huggy

Time only progresses when you're moving about.

I think it's pretty smart, because this way you don't see flickering shadow aliasing when the image is still.

wizzbang

Banned
Did you know you can flag down taxis with a whistle? right on dpad?
The police choppers sometimes fly around at night with their spotlight on.
This game is fucking incredible.

In Trevor's truck there is a CB radio. The trucker conversations it picks up are pretty damn funny.

Also, fire discharged from the exhaust of a fast car will ignite gas trails. AMAZING.

Is that what it is? The CB? It seems some random vehicles out in the middle of nowwhere has those. I can't always make out what they are saying :(

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/09/30/100-little-things-in-gta-5-that-will-blow-your-mind

And holy shit, guess what NeoGAF thread they have linked as a source?

Awesome, some of those are ones I spotted! (I think the rear view mirror one and the moon cycles) Fuck this game is tip top.

wizzbang

Banned
Holy shit, I just did a regular old taxicab mission and (spoilers because this kind of cool shit is getting spoiled a bit in this thread)
the fucking dude I picked up at the airport decided he wanted to rob a jewelery store, it was a full mission with me just as a driver - like under GTA1->4 this would've classed as a normal mission

Pretty fucking great, god damn

Alienous

If you slow down on your murder rampage police will try to drag their wounded friends out of your line of sight. The animation coupled with the dymamic euphoria dragging animation makes for an honestly eerie scene. I only saw it once, and when I did I paused for a long while.

Firemen will arrive at the site of a fire if it rages for too long. They attempt to put out the biggest fires first with the trucks water cannon, then they get off the vehicle and individually snuff out any remaining fires with the extinguisher on their backs.

he amount of detail in this game is so amazing. It's really a new bar for immersion and how to build a living open world. Take notes other developers! GotY easily.

There's tons:

- The shoulder "ribbing" or whatever that is called, on the highway... Complete with rumble + noise. Games just don't do that.
- The fact that ladders work. I think GTAV is the only game to ever get ladders working and not be frustrating.

HAHAHAHAH.

ladders don't work in GTA. never have, never will.

showed off the game to a friend last night, let him play and he tried 3-4 times to get up a ladder, couldn't do it, i said i'll try... couldn't do it either. the character just automatically dropped down every single time after reaching the top of the ladder. a little later my friend got stuck on another ladder trying to just walk past it.

If you slow down on your murder rampage police will try to drag their wounded friends out of your line of sight. The animation coupled with the dymamic euphoria dragging animation makes for an honestly eerie scene. I only saw it once, and when I did I paused for a long while.

Firemen will arrive at the site of a fire if it rages for too long. They attempt to put out the biggest fires first with the trucks water cannon, then they get off the vehicle and individually snuff out any remaining fires with the extinguisher on their backs.

no effing way man, no way. i need to see both of these.

-Yelling "Gimme the fucking money or I'll blow your head off!" in GTA online to get cash fast.

-Flooring the gas pedal while on grass, dirt, or gravel is very realistic. The back tires will spin and shoot grass, dirt, and gravel.

-Trevor is a bad ass psychopath.

-You can knock people out with a single right hook. Anyone wearing glasses and gets knocked out will result in the glasses flying off.

-People will stop to take pictures of your car if you've modified it enough

-Burning rubber in a nice car will also cause NPCs to take pictures.

-Rumble strips on the highway

-Cops are constantly patrolling, pulling people over, and getting into gun fights on the mean streets of Los Santos. They aren't just there for show and to harass the player.

wizzbang

Banned
In Trevor's truck there is a CB radio. The trucker conversations it picks up are pretty damn funny.

Also, fire discharged from the exhaust of a fast car will ignite gas trails. AMAZING.

Is that what it is? The CB? It seems some random vehicles out in the middle of nowwhere has those. I can't always make out what they are saying :(

This has probably been said before but when you park your car in your garage and get out you can hear the engine popping just like in real life. In fact, the foley work in this game is downright amazing. They even recorded different sounds for walking depending on what shoes you are wearing and whether you are actually wearing shoes.

Marleyman

Banned
Something missing from GTA IV that is bugging me; cops will not arrest random PEDS. In fact, I rarely see cops in traffic at all. I used to always pick on an NPC in GTA IV, have them hit me in front of the cops and watch the craziness that ensued. I have no clue why this is gone from GTA V.

sunnz

The small detail that I find the best, even to this day, is how when you accelerate off road, sometimes the tyres kick dirt into the air.

Looks so cool.

Also car sounds in a tunnel are awesome ( especially the feltzer, )

Vodh

Something missing from GTA IV that is bugging me; cops will not arrest random PEDS. In fact, I rarely see cops in traffic at all. I used to always pick on an NPC in GTA IV, have them hit me in front of the cops and watch the craziness that ensued. I have no clue why this is gone from GTA V.

Not sure about your options to trick cops into taking on random NPCs, but I've seen cops take down an NPC really, really often.

Marleyman

Banned
Not sure about your options to trick cops into taking on random NPCs, but I've seen cops take down an NPC really, really often.

Take down, you mean shoot and kill right? I have NEVER seen an NPC arrested yet, which is a bit of a joke considering they would do it in GTA IV. I am also wondering if anyone else is just not seeing cops around until something happens, as in they are in regular traffic.

alan666

Banned
I went about for a drive in my Veyron/Truffade Adder i do sometimes just to have a look about & as i was driving i thought i would get some action (i was playing as Michael) i stopped the car next to some woman on the sidewalk & she stopped walking & said "my car was the shit" then took out her phone took a photo & then walked off.

lol

Ensirius

I was driving on the highway off paleto when I see two cops on the side chatting by their parked bikes
Trevor decides he wants to pick on these cops, see what they are made of. I pull over 3 feet away from them.
I start honking. Two or three times until one of them says something to me like "that's enough". I still keep at it.
Two seconds later I get one star and they are coming at me like crazy. This game.

Vally

Something I noticed while playing online mode... when you get in a car with other people you can change the radio stations even if you're not the driver, but only if you're sitting in the front seats. You can't do so when you're sitting in the back.

JZA

Would love to see some kind of documentary that would discuss the development of making GTA5 specifically. With a lot of the contextual dialogue that happens automatically in the game according to your actions, I'm wondering if the devs were inspired by games like Bastion that sort of did that. I love it when games share good ideas.

BouncyFrag

I've stopped playing in anticipation of the new console versions but this thread is making this very hard to do. Just imagine what R* will do with a game built from the ground up for the new consoles. Smh, but in a good way.

Top Bottom