• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V - The little details that caught your attention?

gosox333

Saw somebody post a pic where they were driving down grove street, and three NPCs were riding along the street on BMX bikes. Each one of them wearing clothing similar to what CJ, Big Smoke, and Sweet wore at the beginning of SA.

Rockstar's always so good with their Easter Eggs.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
How is someone supposed to pick the little details when that's almost entirely what the game is made up of.

Half the game is me just going 'holy shit' at things NPCs do or things on the ground. I just saw a van parked by a river with two dudes fishing in it then a girl hitchhiking or hiking walked by them with earbuds on and a backpack.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
NSFW!
http://i.imgur.com/nfjNe9j.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/i6Ka9U6.jpg

Frozen Alien
2013-09-1922_37_09-gt4pchc.png

Someone on reddit said he found the Playboy Mansion.
Dfh0KcT.jpg

YMBf2rT.jpg

Mt Chiliad
5XWJqjgh.jpg

exiu3lQh.jpg

ojfqlg4h.jpg

sNs3MIUh.jpg

"Come back when your story is complete"

Detective GAF we really need to solve the Mt Chiliad Mystery. There is spaceships, Dinosaur eggs, jetpacks etc. We need to find out what the hell is going on ....i'm sure it has something to do with the Epsilon cult.

Get in a car and hold triangle to put seatbelt on. Also hold triangle to put on helmet.

Too bad sailing boats dont have deployable sails.

The random events when you switch to another character are delightful, even if it's not some crazy situation. Could just be Michael chilling in restaurant or Franklin looking over a bike. The characters are doing their own normal shit (normal for them anyway), great world and character building. And I like not knowing exactly where they'll be, sometimes I end up in a interesting new location I might not have ever seen otherwise.

When I randomly switched back to Michael he was having lunch with his wife. She made a rude comment got up and walked out. I walked over to michaels car and hit her at full speed with it. Michael immediatly shouted "No! No! Oh God!" I laughed at that and kept going along my merry way when five minutes later I got a text message from Amanda that basically said screw you you're paying for the hospital bill and it's not coming out of petty cash at which point a lot of my money disappeared. I thought that was pretty neat!

BossLackey

Gold Member
I was running down the beach as Michael when I came upon a woman walking on the sidewalk. For whatever reason, while running, I decided to punch her. His momentum carried through to the punch and just knocked her out cold. Her sun glasses came flying off and I was just so surprised as to how real it looked. It was brutal.

I switched to Trevor and
he's riding a scooter, yelling "We're scooter brothers!" near another guy on a scooter.
It's a reference to this FourPlayerPodcast vid:

He'll keep saying that for as long as you're near the guy, I believe. I stopped, got another car and drove past him and Trevor kept saying it.

No way, I was wondering if that was in the game. Do you take less damage in crashes?

Considering flying through a windshield almost immediately killed me once, I imagine you do.

MBS

Banned
The characteristic echo from your engine every time you go inside a tunnel, this is really immersive. Especially with a racing car, it reminds me a bit of NFS Underground.

Tekku

Spent $50,000 on pimping my car at Los Santos Customs.

Drove outside and parked on the side of the street.

Some random guy comes along, starts to stare at my car and takes pictures of it. Says "You got a killer car!" or something along those lines.

That blew my mind :D

That's awesome! :)

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Spent $50,000 on pimping my car at Los Santos Customs.

Drove outside and parked on the side of the street.

Some random guy comes along, starts to stare at my car and takes pictures of it. Says "You got a killer car!" or something along those lines.

That blew my mind :D

Pedestrians also react when you have a dirty car, that's why the carwash is in the game.

I recognize individual buildings, and some parts of the city are exactly the same. The Santa Monica Promenade for example is building for building the same.

jem0208

I absolutely love the way it zooms out to the satellite view when switching characters.

It's oddly one of the things I like the best about GTA 5.

I switched to Trevor and
he's riding a scooter, yelling "We're scooter brothers!" near another guy on a scooter.
It's a reference to this FourPlayerPodcast vid:

He'll keep saying that for as long as you're near the guy, I believe. I stopped, got another car and drove past him and Trevor kept saying it.

Considering flying through a windshield almost immediately killed me once, I imagine you do.
You can still fly through windshields?! It's still in the game?! I've crashed head on into walls and t-boned cars and nothing. Maybe I've been putting on the seatbelt all along...

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
Pimping out car, Stopping at a light as to not get a scratch and hearing people on the street complimenting the upgrades

being jumped by a gang when leaving my character idle on a street after dark for too long

Script - Every encounter feels memorable. Missions, random events, whatever it may be.

Hipster Iphone/Facebook/indie company mission was perfect. Every stereotype was carried out beautifully.

The fact that I can purchase Red Skinny Jeans. Can't wait for online play, I'll be rocking those urryday.

Representation of Joshua Tree. Love that area.

Flying through windshield doesn't happen as often as GTAIV, but now it feels a lot more exhilarating when flying through the air.

Seeing people on the top of Mt. Chiliad taking pictures with their phones.

Graffiti looks better than ever

References to Liberty City, and the Vice City towel that was posted earlier in this thread.

Seaweed forests in the ocean. Only thing missing is the smell, but that's not to hard to recall.

Cracks in the freeway, as well as the transition from black to gray every so often.

Every area I drive by feels real. "Oh, there's downtown. Oh, that's kinda like LAX. This place reminds me of Irvine. Oh this is absolutely riverside territory. Oh shit, I remember that architecture style from class"... etc

Yogis (yoga freaks), Hipsters, Bums, Gym Addicts, Tri-freaks... Love them all.

They just hit it out of the park with this one.

Pookmunki

Some great ones so far but I have to go with it not raining where there is shelter. So many games have rain clipping though the world but here, if you're under a roof, it isn't raining through it.

Attention to detail...

Suite Pee

Willing to learn
This thread just reminded me that I did a mission for Lester so that he could make a ton of money on the stock market. I listened carefully and invested all my money in the company he invested in. I need to sell some stock.

sappyday

God most of all this details I haven't experienced myself yet which is crazy, who knows how much more is in the game. GTA V truly does deserve all the praise it's getting.

Amanda is on hushsmush

Brucie's tweets

Sprunk advertising on their lifeinvader that it cures gunshot wounds

The websites are a goldmine of references. It's a shame that the majority of players won't even give it the proper attention.

demolitio

It's crazy to think what they'll be able to do with GTAVI on next-gen consoles. A lot of games with crazy budgets don't really show it compared to other games but this game actually shows the differences that could make for a good team.

It's crazy to think what they'll be able to do with GTAVI on next-gen consoles. A lot of games with crazy budgets don't really show it compared to other games but this game actually shows the differences that could make for a good team.
I'd love to see them do a futuristic city or give the prohibition/30's era the proper open world treatment.

DJMicLuv

I love the TV shows and adverts.
I've spent a fair while in Michael's house, with the big TV, watching those stupid shows.
That Underbelly of Paradise show, the way the presenter ends his sentences and walks past the camera is spot on, the whole show is fantastic.
Some of the material in the TV shows is really out there. There's an advert for a hospital which may contain the only use of 'cunt' in the game but I'm not sure if there are more. There's a line something like "It's important to pick the right hospital, so pick the one with the biggest advertising budget."
Soviet Tit Wank is a great name for a cartoon show.
They're a complete waste of time but I'm hooked.

This basically became an easter egg thread on page 2. I don't think that's the point... but w/e.

There are so many details that have caught my eye driving around and being in the city and now I can barely remember any.

An NPC conversation that I loved. 2 women were near LA City hall and they're both smoking cigarettes and one of them says, "Well I heard that diet soda is WORSE for you than regular!" and the other says something like "Yeah, it definitely is.." as they're both smoking cigarettes... Thought it was pretty funny.

The fact that you can take a selfie with your camera phone is great.

Everything inside Lester's home is awesome.

Everything inside the LifeInvader office is awesome.

Top Bottom