• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"GTA VI to be set in Portland, OR??" No, of course not, what the hell OP

Not likely, but that is the suggestion being sent out by this Real Estate firm who mocked up a map of Portland Oregon as a GTA map.

New York City, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Las Vegas, and Miami have all gotten their due. And with “Grand Theft Auto 5” finally hitting PC January 27, it’s time to set our sights on to the future of the franchise and the inevitable “Grand Theft Auto 6”.
But where should Rockstar take “Grand Theft Auto” next? Milwaukee? The Moon? That’s the real question on everybody’s mind, and we here at Movoto Real Estate Blog think, nay, we know, we’ve found the best answer.

We already proved how much crime pays with our previous trip into the world of GTA, so we’re lending our expertise to help Rockstar make what could be a hard decision quite easy. Are you ready for it? Sitting down? Brace yourself.“Grand Theft Auto 6” needs to be set in Portland, OR.

Hell yea! I am slightly biased but I have always felt Portland would be an amazing city for an open world game. Check out the map:

gta-portland-map-969.jpg

With Marijuana being legalized here during the last election it would open up the game to some ripe story lines as well.

What say you GAF??

Smoke me if old...

Floridian

I'd be surprised and excited if Rockstar finally moved away from the FL/NY/LA setting. I wanna see something new from them.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
Oh fuck, my house is one of those pins.

I would be down. Needs snowy mountains and a coast city though as well. Not to mention logging, college town, etc.

Could be pretty great actually.

On the one hand, my gut reaction is "okay, but Portlandia has already done this" - but OTOH, if they actually do it well, the possibilities for mocking the excesses of faux-progressive/faux-healthy/faux-enlightened Western culture are endless.

AHUGECAT

Banned
Portland is an awesome city, but this is most likely a false rumor.

Portland doesn't have enough "excitement" for a GTA game, like a New York or L.A. clone would.

Only other city I think that could do it is Chicago.

It's a shame they most likely wont move outside the US, I really hope it's set in the future or past though as I'm getting tired of the modern day satire thing.

Chris R

So just because some random company makes a GTA styled map the next game will be set there? Talk about stretching.

5taquitos

What a terrible thread title.

Also, as a lifelong Portland resident, this would be a horrible choice. Portland isn't exactly an "exciting" city, and marijuana legalization doesn't automatically mean that it will become the perfect candidate for a massive crime-spree simulator. I mean, did anyone consider Denver as a location after they legalized it last year?

Oh wow! Something i wrote made Gaf. This is awesome.

Just wanted to let people know this isn't a rumor, we don't have insider information or anything. It was just a fun map we put together. ;)

J2 Cool

fictional Chicago would overlap NY too much. I think they have to go out of country (think James Bond), or if its a quicker turnaround I guess I could see returning to Vice City-ish setting.

Aeqvitas

It's too bad infamous ruined Seattle for a setting, is much more interesting city set up than portland. But portland would be better than another NY/LA/Miami game.

Miami would be the smart move given that it's completely flat. Design-wise, it should make their lives easier and allow for a quicker development cycle. Plus, they need to do missions in the keys and the everglades.

So stop fucking around and given me Vice City 2 dammit.

lord

Baltimore with The Wire references and trips to DC, CIA white house and all sorts of nonsense, fuck yeah,

Top Bottom