• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V's radio stations being updated for next-gen release

Slowdive

Banned
From Cara Delevingne's Instagram:

BNw3ZRl.png

caradelevingne
15 hours ago
Back with @rockstargames to update my GTAV radio station Non Stop Pop FM for new versions coming this Fall!

Nibel

Updated GTA radio stations often means = updated iPhone music playlist to me; can't wait! Rockstar has great taste in music in nearly every genre.

Madness

Who is this Cara chick? Here's hoping other stations beyond just pop are updated. I don't know why but GTA V music felt too limited and that the same songs played over and over. I never noticed music or radio stations as much as I did in this game either.

Who is this Cara chick? Here's hoping other stations beyond just pop are updated. I don't know why but GTA V music felt too limited and that the same songs played over and over. I never noticed music or radio stations as much as I did in this game either.

She's a model and the host of Non Stop Pop FM.

Dinokill

Where is my metal station?

GTAV is seriously lacking Metal! I mean San Andreas is based on California and we don't have have any Bay Area Metal goodness? I least put some Machine Head up in this bitch.

jacobeid

Banned
If they don't add a jazz station then I'll continue to drive around the city with no music.

I'm not one to complain typically about in game music, but man GTAV sucked in comparison to previous entries in the series.

GTAV is seriously lacking Metal! I mean San Andreas is based on California and we don't have have any Bay Area Metal goodness? I least put some Machine Head up in this bitch.

This, this, fucking this.

I was seriously disappointed by the lack of metal on GTA V, thrash metal especially.

Good news. Rockstar also realy did a good job expanding the GTAIV sound track with the DLC addons.

Hoping for a custom station on X1/PS4, I doubt it will exist, but I wish that I could add my own music to the game as well. You could do it with GTA:SA on the Xbox OG, so ... it's not like it's unheard of. Would love to see it return.

Let's have someone funny on one of the comedy stations this time. I love GTA V, but my main bugbear with it is that everyone brought in for the chat stations was dreadfully unfunny, and that's a major drop from the likes of 3, Vice City and San Andreas where I could listen to the same routines over and over and it would always make me laugh. Lazlow hassling that weedy martial art guru in 3 as an example, V has nothing approaching that.

As for music, I don't really care. GTA never has anything I like in that respect and I accepted it long ago. Sleeping Dogs got them beat big time there. Listening to the Cinematic Orchestra in rain-soaked Hong Kong...

untitled1o2yc04kjnd.gif

I really hope they improve it, if the radio stations are great in the new version and not just a few new added tracks to each station. I'll definitely double dip when it releases, if not, i'll wait for bargain bin.

Easily the biggest let down of V for me was the mediocre music, I think I spend half my time playing GTA games just driving around and listening to tunes, not so much in GTA5 though.

yesrushdt

Nice. Hopefully they add some metal/hard rock.

I've had the in game radio muted since day 1 on my Xbox 360 version. I much rather prefer listening to progressive metal/rock internet radio/albums instead of the mainstream music stations the game provides. Makes beating noobs in tennis all the more pleasurable. ;)

Valnen

There's no metal/rock station in this game? Talk radio or off it is, then.

UrbanRats

As for music, I don't really care. GTA never has anything I like in that respect and I accepted it long ago. Sleeping Dogs got them beat big time there. Listening to the Cinematic Orchestra in rain-soaked Hong Kong...

In terms of radio, i'm 100% with you, Sleepy Dogs had the best radio in a game like this (though it's a subjective thing i guess).
In terms of Original Music, although underused in the actual game, GTAV had a stellar soundtrack.

Eitherway, let me just have my custom radio on PC and i'm fine with that.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Whilst it's great to see them updating the stations I'd rather have more original score music by Tangerine Dream and Woody Jackson tbh. My favourite soundtrack to an open world game (albeit an open world driving game) was in Driver San Francisco.

Qasiel

Hopefully they actually have some decent rock/metal on there this time. The only thing I actually bothered listening to was Blaine County radio as it was pretty fun to listen to, except it got quite boring after a few listens.

AmyS

I cannot wait to see people posting videos of PC GTA V running on high-end PC hardware that outclasses the PS4.

While I would expect the PS4 / XBone versions to run at a nearly locked 30 FPS, the PC version at 60 FPS (given the right hardware) should be a revelation, provided the PC port is not a complete mess like PC GTA IV was.

The PC version should be awesome on high-end Nvidia Kepler and upper mid-range Maxwell cards, as well as the AMD Radeon equivalents.

kabel

I cannot wait to see people posting videos of PC GTA V running on high-end PC hardware that outclasses the PS4.

While I would expect the PS4 / XBone versions to run at a nearly locked 30 FPS, the PC version at 60 FPS (given the right hardware) should be a revelation, provided the PC port is not a complete mess like PC GTA IV was.

The PC version should be awesome on high-end Nvidia Kepler and upper mid-range Maxwell cards, as well as the AMD Radeon equivalents.

I expect that an i5 and GTX760/R9 270X will be fine for mid-high and 60fps on 1080p.

Top Bottom