• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA4: The Ballad of Gay Tony (second DLC episode) announced. Coming this fall.

DuckRacer

Also, Grand Theft Auto: Episodes from Liberty City was announced, which is basically The Lost and Damned and this on a disc. It's a standalone release, too, so if you purchased the PS3 version and have a 360 but want the episodes, you don't have to repurchase GTA4.

1.jpg

http://ca.sys-con.com/node/977122

Rockstar Games Announces Grand Theft Auto: The Ballad of Gay Tony for Download on Xbox LIVE® and Grand Theft Auto: Episodes from Liberty City Available on Disc for Xbox 360® this Fall

By: Business Wire
May. 26, 2009 04:01 PM

Rockstar Games, a publishing label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO), is proud to announce the fall release of both the second episode of Grand Theft Auto: The Ballad of Gay Tony - exclusively for download on Xbox LIVE® online entertainment network, and Grand Theft Auto: Episodes from Liberty City, which will include both episode one The Lost and Damned, and episode two The Ballad of Gay Tony together on a single disc exclusively for Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft.

"Liberty City is the most vibrant game world we've created yet. The episodic structure has allowed us to interweave stories, gameplay and atmosphere in a whole new way," said Sam Houser, Founder of Rockstar Games. "The team at Rockstar North have yet again surpassed themselves, and made something that is both epic and very innovative. This episode's focus on high-end night life contrasts with the biker gangs portrayed in The Lost and Damned, whilst giving us a lot of new gameplay possibilities."

Grand Theft Auto IV's second downloadable episode, The Ballad of Gay Tony injects Liberty City with an overdose of guns, glitz, and grime. As Luis Lopez, part-time hoodlum and full-time assistant to legendary nightclub impresario Tony Prince (aka "Gay Tony"), players will struggle with the competing loyalties of family and friends, and with the uncertainty about who is real and who is fake in a world in which everyone has a price.

Grand Theft Auto: Episodes from Liberty City delivers two games on one disc - the all-new episode The Ballad of Gay Tony and the first episode, The Lost and Damned - together on disc for the first time - for Xbox 360 for $39.99 and will not require a copy of the original Grand Theft Auto IV to play.

The Ballad of Gay Tony will release on Xbox LIVE this fall for $19.99 or 1600 MS points and requires players to have Grand Theft Auto IV for Xbox 360 and Xbox LIVE membership to download.

For more information, log onto www.rockstargames.com.

About Take-Two Interactive Software

Headquartered in New York City, Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. is a global developer, marketer, distributor and publisher of interactive entertainment software games for the PC, PLAYSTATION®3 and PlayStation®2 computer entertainment systems, PSP® (PlayStation®Portable) system, Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, Wii™ and Nintendo DS™. The Company publishes and develops products through its wholly owned labels Rockstar Games, 2K Games, 2K Sports and 2K Play; and distributes software, hardware and accessories in North America through its Jack of All Games subsidiary. Take-Two's common stock is publicly traded on NASDAQ under the symbol TTWO. For more corporate and product information please visit our website at www.take2games.com.

Microsoft, Xbox, Xbox 360, Xbox LIVE and the Xbox logos are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies and are used under license from Microsoft.

All trademarks and copyrights contained herein are the property of their respective holders.

Cautionary Note Regarding Forward-Looking Statements

This press release may contain forward-looking statements made in reliance upon the safe harbor provisions of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933, as amended, and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended. The statements contained herein which are not historical facts are considered forward-looking statements under federal securities laws and may be identified by words such as "anticipates," "believes," "estimates," "expects," "intends," "plans," "potential," "predicts," "projects," "seeks," "will," or words of similar meaning and include, but are not limited to, statements regarding the outlook for the Company's future business and financial performance. Such forward-looking statements are based on the current beliefs of our management as well as assumptions made by and information currently available to them, which are subject to inherent uncertainties, risks and changes in circumstances that are difficult to predict. Actual outcomes and results may vary materially from these forward-looking statements based on a variety of risks and uncertainties including: our dependence on key management and product development personnel, our dependence on our Grand Theft Auto products and our ability to develop other hit titles for current generation platforms, the timely release and significant market acceptance of our games, the ability to maintain acceptable pricing levels on our games, our reliance on a primary distribution service provider for a significant portion of our products, our ability to raise capital if needed, risks associated with international operations, the matters relating to the investigation by a special committee of our board of directors of the Company's stock option grants and the claims and proceedings relating thereto (including stockholder and derivative litigation, actions by governmental agencies and negative tax or other implications for the Company resulting from any accounting adjustments or other factors) and risks associated with the Company's concluded process to evaluate its strategic alternatives including stockholder litigation arising therefrom. Other important factors and information are contained in the Company's Annual Report on Form 10-K for the fiscal year ended October 31, 2008, in the section entitled "Risk Factors," as updated in the Company's Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q for the fiscal quarter ended January 31, 2009, and the Company's other periodic filings with the SEC, which can be accessed at www.take2games.com. All forward-looking statements are qualified by these cautionary statements and apply only as of the date they are made. The Company undertakes no obligation to update any forward-looking statement, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
LiquidMetal14 said:
That is awesome that you don't need GTA4 to play.
Very cool stuff indeed.
I have GTAIV on my PS3 which I don't much care for.

Will pick up this disc for 360 as I hear the DLC improves upon the game greatly.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Hmmms. If this is actually a well-treated gay-related storyline, then interest+1. Doubly so because I don't have the 360 version of the game, yet still could play this without rebuying it.

VALIS

Ha! Awesome name.

I despise the way Rockstar manipulates the media, but credit where credit is due: You could probably count the number of game companies who'd release a product called "The Ballad of Gay Tony" on one hand.

Gowans

Cool, LOTD was the best put together and valued DLC ever, I really hope other publishers take note of this kind of expansion.

Nice move sticking them on a disc to mop up the rest of the guys.

Totally considering picking up the episodes on disc. I own the game and PS3, and will never double-dip, no matter what. Unless these are announced for PS3, that disc is R*/MS best move regarding this deal.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
I'm so fucking buying this. Unless there's a stand alone and GTA LD PS3 rumor pan out. Screw it all, I will just buy both as it is likely that PS3 may only get L&D (if that) at best.

Struct09

I was listening to some podcast recently that was discussing the possibility of Rockstar pushing a gay character into the limelight.

Day 1, I loved TLAD.

Scotch

Grand Theft Auto: Episodes from Liberty City delivers two games on one disc - the all-new episode The Ballad of Gay Tony and the first episode, The Lost and Damned - together on disc for the first time - for Xbox 360 for $39.99 and will not require a copy of the original Grand Theft Auto IV to play.
Awesome. Day one. (bought GTA4 on PS3)

FrankT

_dementia said:
Disc also...

Retail pressure or was DD alone not performing well enough to justify the exclusivity bill?

Or door number 3 maximizing profits. Smart move regardless right before the holidays for TT. All that for $40 should move some SW.

Don

Oh Yes!
Nice to finally get confimation of Luis as the main character, even though most people had already worked it out.

Also now people can finally stop listening to that Gamefork idiot.

Edit: Best logo for a GTA game yet :lol

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
jaydogg691 said:
Looks like I didn't have to buy the 360 version after all. Can't wait to play the DLC episodes.

This is guaranteed to sell a ton of copies because of this. No one (who has played gta4 on ps3) would have bought GTA4 AND THEN then expansions.

Nice move R*

The Lost and Damned was the perfect amount of story for a GTA game. It told a nice, concise story without it spiraling out of control, like the stories always do for the main games.

jaydogg691 said:
Looks like I didn't have to buy the 360 version after all.

?

Not sure what this announcement changes about anything re: platform exclusivity. The content was either never permanently exclusive and still isn't, or it was and still is.

Mooreberg

Yeah putting a disc out with both on it is pretty smart. Also gives a chance for people that own both systems but bought the PS3 version to play them. I gotta start holding off on DLC. All of this stuff is going to end up GameFly eventually. :lol

beermonkey@tehbias said:
?

Not sure what this announcement changes about anything re: platform exclusivity. The content was either never permanently exclusive and still isn't, or it was and still is.

Now you can just buy the DLCs, so if you bought the main game on ps3, you will now be able to play them both without rebuying GTA4.

Scotch

beermonkey@tehbias said:
?

What he means is he doesn't need a copy of GTA4 for 360 anymore to play the episodes.

Top Bottom