• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTAIV PS3 Bundle in Europe?

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
KvPTIGBqL.jpg

I saw this in the GTA4 thread but I think it's pretty big news. I am kind of surprised by this because it seemed like this was going to be, essentially, Microsoft's game to market and "own."

Pretty big deal imo.

You would have thought that Microsoft could have stopped something like this with the insane amount of money they spent. Major win for Sony this.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Mojovonio said:
I guess its better we discuss this here to de-clutter that thread.

But this really sucks for MS.

I guess it's not too big of a deal for MS in America, but I really thought MS would have the "image" of this game like 100% locked up.

Or maybe I read too much gaf and gafanalysts.

Wollan

The biggest win here comes from the fact that Europe is just about ripe to seriously jump into next/current gen. There will be a lot of adopters going for this bundle.

Firewire

Banned
brain_stew said:
You would have thought that Microsoft could have stopped something like this with the insane amount of money they spent. Major win for Sony this.

Don't worry MS will most likely have a GTA4 bundle as well.

bud

is that real, though? i thought microsoft secured exclusive marketing rights, including stuff like that, or something.

squicken

I'm kind of shocked that there hasn't been any sort of platform-exclusive marketing for GTA4. I guess I was expecting MS to go all out like they did for Madden 360. Guess R* didn't want to play along.

Another Shane Kim miracle. The only notable 360 exclusive until November is Too Human (Part 1 lolz).

Firewire

Banned
I AM JOHN! said:
Has this been confirmed? The box looks like a mock-up to me.

It looks legit to me, plus why would a retailer doctor the image, legal departments would be all over them.

Wollan

Forsete said:
Dont bet on it being real. Could just be a mock-up by Webhallen. Wait for an SCEE PR.
Small possibility but looks pretty professional and *official*. Also been rumored for weeks. [/gut report]
Also, Webhallen is a excellent site, been around for a longer time (I know you know that but for the rest).

Ranger X

So there are chances the war would be:

Pack-in VS DLC

That is very very interesting...
DLC would lose i guess

Ploid 3.0

Didn't Rockstar say they weren't pawns for the console war? I doubt they would have let MS take care of all advertisement like madden if they stick with that stance.

Jim

Forsete said:
Dont bet on it being real. Could just be a mock-up by Webhallen. Wait for an SCEE PR.

I'd be curious why they didn't bother mocking up the 360 one then in the same way.

As an aside, the GTA4 box APPEARS to correctly follow SCE's style and branding guide.

keyrat

Forsete said:

It looks exactly the same style as the other PS3 bundles, including the background. If it was a mock-up by this retailer it seems like they would be trying to purposely trick people.

Fake picture, whether or not the bundle is real or not is irrelevant. That is far too sloppy for either SCEE or Rockstar.

Jim

Visualante said:
Fake picture, whether or not the bundle is real or not is irrelevant. That is far too sloppy for either SCEE or Rockstar.

For reference here is officially released SCEE boxart for a previous bundle. Which is MUCH sloppier.

starterpackps3na2.jpg

Ariexv

If it was real why wouldn't they have announced it back when they announced the MGS4 bundle and GT5:p bundle?

mabuza

Banned
Visualante said:
that is not fake, its real. the retailer obviously broke an embargo.

I would think they would want to announce this officially very soon. If they are looking to pull people away from buying the Xbox 360 version, especially if the person already owns an Xbox 360, they don't want too drop the bomb to close to it's release. The price is too high for an impulse buy. Money will have to be saved or allocated for such a big purchase.

It does look authentic to me but what do I know.

jmd494

Francias Castiglione said:
:lol A box you would put away in storage would beat out additional content for game?
In the eyes of the general consumer? I would guess yes.

People are necessarily weighing the value proposition here...they are seeing a big, black, sexy box which catches the eyes much more than the GTAIV 360 DVD case behind the shelf.

Seeing the PS3 being the only console with the bundle also makes it look like it's more officially a PS3 game and that's the best way to experience the game.

keyrat

When do you guys think the game blogs are going to pick up on this? Do you think they'll ignore it because they already know?

Justin Dailey said:
In the eyes of the general consumer? I would guess yes.

People are necessarily weighing the value proposition here...they are seeing a big, black, sexy box which catches the eyes much more than the GTAIV 360 DVD case behind the shelf.

Seeing the PS3 being the only console with the bundle also makes it look like it's more officially a PS3 game and that's the best way to experience the game.

I still think DLC that gives you three advertisable "launch" dates is the better investment in the long term. But it's not like this isn't a huge coup for Sony.

Top Bottom