• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTAV PC footage leak? [UPDATE: fake-ass is fake]

SJRB

Gold Member
After the console people got trolled for many months with fake footage, it seems now the pc people will share a similar fate.

I honestly can't tell if fake, looks smoother than 30 frames but the visuals look at all good enough, i mean if the texture quality is at max or high we certainly have a problem.

Edit: Settling on fake, although it's certainly well done.

leadbelly

Banned
lol the top post:

Dat mouse movement tho.

That was the first thing I noticed. It moves so slow...

Also, why is the quality so poor? Is it supposed to be off-screen? Doesn't say it is off-screen. Obviously if it was on his PC he could have quite easily made some direct footage.

I honestly can't tell if fake, looks smoother than 30 frames but the visuals look at all good enough, i mean if the texture quality is at max or high we certainly have a problem.

Edit: Settling on fake, although it's certainly well done.

Blurred low quality footage...

Maybe that is the reason it is blurred low quality footage though.

lol the top post:

Also, why is the quality so poor? Is it supposed to be off-screen? Doesn't say it is off-screen. Obviously if it was on his PC he could have quite easily made some direct footage.

obviously off screen filmed with a crappy phone too

Nethaniah

lol the top post:

It's always off-screen, these things always are for some reason.

Edit: Wether it's fake or not, i'd be pissed if there wasn't a density option like in IV.

Quirah

1YON24y.jpg

BELIEVE.

SpacLock

I just can't help but think that if someone was savvy enough to create a fake video with this much detail they would make the fucking mouse movement actually believable. This is why I think it's actually possibly real. There could easily be a limited mouse movement speed in the game because the of the phone/internet usage and map navigation. The mouse moves around the same speed as it does in the console game when surfing the net on your phone.

I'm fooled because I sort of believe the video. No way someone makes the mouse movement that fake while putting in the time to create functional video options. Nobody is that stupid.

Edit: This Youtube comment seems to add some belief:

The graphics menu is convincing. The change in texture quality did affect the amount of video memory used. Also, this setup of video options is very similar to that of Max Payne 3 and GTA IV, all three of which use the RAGE engine. All have, a view and detail distance, and both Max Payne 3 and this supposed GTA V share options for both FXAA and MSAA, Ambient Occlusion, and the ability to change what version of Direct X the game uses.

And lets be real here... everyone knows that they're releasing this game for PC and next gen consoles.

nofi

I just can't help but think that if someone was savvy enough to create a fake video with this much detail they would make the fucking mouse movement actually believable. This is why I think it's actually possibly real. There could easily be a limited mouse movement speed in the game because the of the phone/internet usage and map navigation. The mouse moves around the same speed as it does in the console game when surfing the net on your phone.

I'm fooled because I sort of believe the video. No way someone makes the mouse movement that fake while putting in the time to create functional video options. Nobody is that stupid.

Couldn't the 'mouse' movement just be from a controller instead? Would explain the directionals and the speed.

Edit: how come the first dropdown menu appears to work with just the controller (so, without the mouse cursor moving)? And the way it toggles between High and Very High without moving seems off.

Shaneus

That's using a surprisingly low amount of VRAM for the settings that are used. Hell, I don't even thing GTA4 on PC was that efficient.

That's using a surprisingly low amount of VRAM for the settings that are used. Hell, I don't even thing GTA4 on PC was that efficient.
GTA4 is pretty terrible performance wise on PC. Considering the insane level of wide-open playable environments and detailed assets on the PS360 versions (edit - of GTA V), I'd say they've overhauled and optimized the requirements for the game engine(s) and such as it looks really good on 8 year old consoles considering everything that's happening on-screen.

Anteater

I think 1gig is reasonable for the settings it's using, it showed 1.6gig when he changed textures setting to very high, gta4 from what I heard was unoptimized.

Shaneus

GTA4 is pretty terrible performance wise on PC. Considering the insane level of wide-open playable environments and detailed assets on the PS360 versions (edit - of GTA V), I'd say they've overhauled and optimized the requirements for the game engine(s) and such as it looks really good on 8 year old consoles considering everything that's happening on-screen.
Yeah, I suppose that, plus considering R* have had a number of games out on PC since then that haven't been complete shit (at least, one, with Max Payne 3). So they shouldn't be as pathetic with their code as they were for 4.

Why are leaked videos always so shitty? I mean I have a budget phone and it can record with much better quality than that...

SpacLock

You don't. You do it on your computer.

In a video editing program. :(

I can tell you with absolute certainty that's not the case here. While the camera recording the monitor is held pretty steady, it still shakes quite a bit. The amount of time it would take to readjust the positioning of the graphics created for the menus over the console footage would take way, way too long for a simple hoax. That is frame by frame constant readjusting to make it positioned perfectly, plus the filters and so forth that would have to be used to match the original video recorded would just take too much talent for someone with the actual time to make this. Now I know there's talented people out there with a lot of time on their hands that are capable of doing this, but usually they would create a hoax for a game that isn't actually going to come out. We all know this is going to be released for PC sometime, just like every other GTA.

nofi

I can tell you with absolute certainty that's not the case here. While the camera recording the monitor is held pretty steady, it still shakes quite a bit. The amount of time it would take to readjust the positioning of the graphics created for the menus over the console footage would take way, way too long for a simple hoax. That is frame by frame constant readjusting to make it positioned perfectly, plus the filters and so forth that would have to be used to match the original video recorded would just take too much talent for someone with the actual time to make this. Now I know there's talented people out there with a lot of time on their hands that are capable of doing this, but usually they would create a hoax for a game that isn't actually going to come out. We all know this is going to be released for PC sometime, just like every other GTA.

Direct capture of the PS3 version with the menus done/edited on a PC, then rendered off to a monitor and filmed handheld would give the results seen, though.

Not saying it's fake or otherwise, just playing devil's advocate.

L~A

Why are leaked videos always so shitty? I mean I have a budget phone and it can record with much better quality than that...

It's to make things look more 'legit-looking'. Also why pics taken from "secret conferences" always look like the guy who took the pic with the 3DS cameras was drunk.

Foaloal

I haven't played GTAV.

Is there any way this could be a well made mod for GTAIV?

That would seem like a possible explanation, outside of good video editing + using shaky cam to record the edited video.

Either way we all know this is coming to PC sooner or later, Q1 2014 doesn't seem unrealistic.

leadbelly

Banned
The menus and options look legit..........

How would you fake that on console?

Well, if he was able to capture footage from his 360. Edit the footage on PC and film the edited footage on a crappy mobile.

Although, I always wonder why anyone would put so much effort into making a fake video anyway.

SpacLock

Direct capture of the PS3 version with the menus done/edited on a PC, then rendered off to a monitor and filmed handheld would give the results seen, though.

Not saying it's fake or otherwise, just playing devil's advocate.

Ahhh, that's true. Can't believe I didn't think of that. Regardless, still quite a bit of work for something that's almost certain to release on PC. Time would be better spent on other gaming rumors.

Nev

Banned
I haven't played GTAV.

Is there any way this could be a well made mod for GTAIV?
No.

GTA V looks one generation ahead of GTA IV, even the PC version. There's no way that footage could be of GTA IV, not even with all the mods in the world.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
So fake. Just check out that mouse movement in the menu. :lol

Also the camera movement doesn't move quickly like it would with a mouse.

Also sure the HUD would be smaller unless he was running at 1280x720.

Top Bottom