• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTAV - Spring 2013, Xbox 360/PS3. Trailer #2 hits on Nov. 14th

As much as it sucks, it's a good move.

Pre-order hype last week.
Wait out the election coverage this week for GI.
Trailer next week.

Three solid weeks of coverage.

Fjordson

I am a little surprised you can only pre-order in three countries right now. Seeing lots of people asking if they'll be able to get it in *insert country name*. Did GTA IV launch in just those places also?

Raptomex

I am a little surprised you can only pre-order in three countries right now. Seeing lots of people asking if they'll be able to get it in *insert country name*. Did GTA IV launch in just those places also?
??? I thought pre-orders went live today worldwide.

GTA IV had one the weirdest CEs but it was probably the most useful of any CE. You got a duffel bag and a little strong box. I would have kept them if the name was not on them.

I got the collectors edition because my Gamestop lied and said I couldn't have a copy if I didn't pre-order it, so I got the CE. The lockbox is pretty great, I still throw my spare keys in there. The duffle bag fell apart in a month.

The best thing though was that music CD... which actually had some great songs on it.

Raptomex

That's what I figured. I just wasn't sure since the newswire story only mentions stores in the U.S., Canada, and the U.K.
Can't the countries in question just order from Rockstar Warehouse? Speaking of which I ordered some shirts fromt the Warehouse and I did it twice by accident and they don't let you cancel an order afaik. Until a special/collector's edition is announced I'll wait for the online pre-order.

Fjordson

Can't the countries in question just order from Rockstar Warehouse? Speaking of which I ordered some shirts fromt the Warehouse and I did it twice by accident and they don't let you cancel an order afaik. Until a special/collector's edition is announced I'll wait for the online pre-order.
Yeah, they probably could. And I just noticed it actually says "available for pre-order everywhere" above the list of stores, so I guess they just didn't feel like listing every single country. Would be a big post :lol

Raptomex

Well I need to learn to control my hype now. Gotta play some old GTAs over again, watch some movies taking place in LA, oh it's going to be a long wait.

This console generation's SWAN SONG

Spring 2013 is a little early to call any game "this console generation's swan song".

Don't get me wrong, GTA V has been my most anticipated game for awhile now. But there are still going to be a fair amount of high-profile games after it, like The Last of Us.

i wonder if the GI stuff will take away from the trailer reveal. it seems to me like they scheduled the trailer to be shown before the magazine exposure but had to delay it. so maybe the screens and details in the magazine may give away everything thats introduced in the trailer.

i also wonder if they're gonna push the nudity in this one. the strip clubs always were a little off since there wasn't any nudity, and gta 4 lost and damned had the first mass market video game penis lol.

edit:
it would be insane if they had a waveracer type mini game :D oh god i shouldn't think of that, would be too much of a let down if i were to anticipate something like that >_>

Fjordson

Will probably be nudity somewhere out there. RDR and Max Payne 3 had some.

It's funny how I feel like I don't hear about too much controversy these days related to R*. Despite their recent games being filled with nudity and sex, lots of blood and gore, copious amounts of swearing, alcohol, drugs, and more. Yet back when they were putting out stuff like Bully the press and certain people was all over them :lol

edit after seeing your edit: Being able to cruise around on a jetski would be the shit. Damn I hope they put that in.

Their trailers are awesome because it's video but they're usually just flashy and masturbatory.
The GI spread for IV was the most info we got about the game for a significant period of time. I'm sure it'll be much more illuminating than the trailer.

I'm most psyched for it to hear another song from the soundtrack.

And I hope there's nudity for strip clubs. It's an M-game, why not?
They wanted to let you take your girlfriends home to fuck in IV, so at the bare minimum that would be cool/realistic.

Also: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=498567

;)

Will probably be nudity somewhere out there. RDR and Max Payne 3 had some.

It's funny how I feel like I don't hear about too much controversy these days related to R*. Despite their recent games being filled with nudity and sex, lots of blood and gore, copious amounts of swearing, alcohol, drugs, and more. Yet back when they were putting out stuff like Bully the press and certain people was all over them :lol

edit after seeing your edit: Being able to cruise around on a jetski would be the shit. Damn I hope they put that in.

i think everyone just stopped because it was useless to target R*. After the whole hot coffee controversy with SA, R* went ahead and practically made it a feature of GTA 4 lol.

and yeah jet skis would be unbelievable. o_________o

Their trailers are awesome because it's video but they're usually just flashy and masturbatory.
The GI spread for IV was the most info we got about the game for a significant period of time. I'm sure it'll be much more illuminating than the trailer.

that's what i'm saying, the magazine stuff may take away some of the thunder and wow factor of the trailer, since its gonna be revealed sooner.

edit:
vespucciu.jpg

i hope those canals get drained once in a while so we can drive in them, terminator style.
actually, wasn't the terminator sequence in SA? where that one truck crashes down from a bridge above and chases you in the drained canal? and you and Smoke were on a bike? that was awesome. good times >_>

Tr4nce

Hmm, about that Vespucci Canals shot: is that some kind of landmark or something directly under the letter 'N'? What is that?

As the other thread requested:

Mod Note: This thread is only to talk about Grand Theft Auto V on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3. Use the old thread if you want to talk about it potentially coming to other platforms. This will be enforced. If there is additional platform information in the magazine, we will break it off to a new separate thread.

I think the huge scope of the game (if it's true it's as absolutely gigantic as it claims to be) just adds to the disappointment this isn't coming to PC day and date. Will the consoles pathetic RAM be enough to do something that big justice? I'm skeptical. When you're flying around a huge landscape in a plane you don't want three quarters of the world popping up in front of you; that totally ruins the immersion.

I wonder how much more optimised the engine has got since IV. When you went too high in LC things started to look quite dodgy... you increase that scale and yikes! Consoles versions have a potential to really show the age of the hardware if done wrong now, I think.

Didn't want to bump this thread for this, but I'd be banned in the other, and I thought it'd be interesting to have a discussion about how the consoles might be able to handle it in relation to a possible PC version. Whether or not that'd be considered port begging I didn't know!

How was Just Cause 2 on consoles?

Don't worry. GTA5 will also appear on the PC at a later date unless they suddenly start doing thisng radically different with GTA5. I doubt it though as they ported Liberty City Episodes over to the PC. If GTA4 wasn't successful they wouldn't have done this.

I'm not too worried about a later port, but since we're not going to get that day 1, I'm intrigued to see how this will perform on consoles. It's not a game I can wait out a port for! :)

Enco

I really really hope we don't have to wait months for a PC release.

I have no consoles and can imagine this game being perfect on PC.

Please Rockstar. Pull a Max Payne 3!

I really really hope we don't have to wait months for a PC release.

I have no consoles and can imagine this game being perfect on PC.

Please Rockstar. Pull a Max Payne 3!

I can't recall. Was the PC version of Max Payne 3 announced same time as console versions or was it later?

I'm not too worried about a later port, but since we're not going to get that day 1, I'm intrigued to see how this will perform on consoles. It's not a game I can wait out a port for! :)

Despite the increased size and other enhancements, due to engine optimizations and tweaks, I think GTA 5 will run at least as well, hopefully better than GTA 4. And while GTA4 wasn't a solid 30fps, it was easily playable for me.

UrbanRats

I agree, and R* is not going to change its mind (either way) for 100k signatures, but, as i said, it could pull a comment on the subject from them.

Top Bottom