• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTFO - Payday designer announces new coop shooter

Nasreddin

Yes, the game is called GTFO.

Teaser trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0i4XkCFf2pY

10 Chambers Collective, a game development studio comprised of Swedish industry veterans, reveals their upcoming game - and they say it’s not for everyone.

Those who follow 10 Chambers on social media already know that their game has been teased with the overlong but descriptive genre definition “4-player hardcore co-op action horror FPS” - although so far only cryptic photos, music clips and work-in-progress visuals have been released. Today however, the studio released a trailer announcing that the title of the game is GTFO.

10 Chambers Collective consists in part of founding members of Overkill Software and the game designer behind the PAYDAY franchise. With GTFO, they aim to explore and develop the 4-player co-op formula even further.

“When we started 10 Chambers Collective, we set out to make a game for the cooperative FPS community that would really put them to the test. A game where you don’t just depend on one another for firepower, but truly work together” says Ulf Andersson, founder of 10 Chambers Collective.

In GTFO, you and your friends will explore hostile and terrifying environments where, in an instant, you are thrown from edge-of-your-seat suspense to frantic action. It’s a large-scale experience, testing players in their ability to gear up and adapt to an endless string of unknown and ever-changing challenges.

Simon Viklund, another 10 Chambers Collective member, says: “Every expedition in GTFO is unique and the game lets you make informed decisions on what equipment and weapons to bring - but even then survival is not guaranteed. GTFO throws so many curveballs and unknown factors at you that you and your team always have to stay on your toes - and the atmosphere is suffocatingly tense. It’s nerve wracking to play even for us developers! If you’re easily scared, wear your brown pants.”

Ulf continues: “10 Chambers is completely self funded, meaning there is no board of directors that dictates our creative choices. We can go for a more niche audience - so GTFO goes out to the tight knit, die hard co-op teams of 2-4 people. Technically you can play alone, but really - the world of GTFO is no place for lone wolves and stragglers. They’ll die, lost in the game’s endless maze.”

GTFO’s release date will be announced later this year.

Ah, well, the more hardcore, dedicated team focus of Payday 2 was what put me off it. I much preferred the casual nature of the original Payday, where you could jump in with a bunch of randoms and have good time.

UberLevi

Sounds like a L4D type game with an underground mine setting. Could be cool, but I wanna see some gameplay before this really goes on my radar. Payday 2 was fun but didn't keep me hooked long.

Reading the title I was unsure if that was the name or the reaction to them making a new game after Payday 2's DLC crap.

Ah, well, the more hardcore, dedicated team focus of Payday 2 was what put me off it. I much preferred the casual nature of the original Payday, where you could jump in with a bunch of randoms and have good time.

Yeah, basically having to perfectly play a round of Payday 2 every time killed my enjoyment of the game.

Action and horror FPS, by the Payday designer and other swedish veterans, with an OST by Simon Viklund, who created the godly tracks of Payday and (especially) Payday 2?

Could be very interesting.

Yeah, basically having to perfectly play a round of Payday 2 every time killed my enjoyment of the game.
The boring heists, the randomization of so much, and the shithead devs killed my enjoyment. PD1 was better in every regard, except sound design. Still, I'm not being suckered into buying a damn thing from these guys, going to wait it out.

Which is ahitry, because we need more games like this. L4D and PD were the shit last gen. People laughed off Evolve, though they are working on a new fantasy shooter, and Crytek is working on some co op shooter too.

At least KF2 is free Tuesday

KDR_11k

Even more focus on coop isn't for me, I can't be bothered to deal with finding a match and the pressure of having others depend on you...

The game has been softened a lot. I don't know if they've rectified the slow start of the progression (where you seem to die to any stray shot and can't hit anything with the starting gear) but these days I can easily handle Overkill difficulty with bots and sometimes even Mayhem, previously Overkill was too much on most heists without a full team. Losing the cash cost for spending skill points really opened the game up.

The game has been softened a lot. I don't know if they've rectified the slow start of the progression (where you seem to die to any stray shot and can't hit anything with the starting gear) but these days I can easily handle Overkill difficulty with bots and sometimes even Mayhem, previously Overkill was too much on most heists without a full team. Losing the cash cost for spending skill points really opened the game up.

Wait what? Skill points don't cost money anymore? Bots aren't imbeciles? Payday has changed.

PC only I expect? The support for 1 & 2 on PS3 was pretty short lived. They couldn't even bother to put out the DLC for the Brenner for 2 (not that I would ever want to reward them for leaving my favourite gun from 1 out of the base game anyway.)

MiguelItUp

Hmm, cool to see new gameplay, but I really don't know how to feel about it. I mean, it's definitely got some interesting things about it. But something about the enemies and shooting just doesn't look like it feels satisfying at all. Maybe that's just me?

I tried so hard to like payday 2 but just couldnt end up giving a shit in the end.

That said, THIS shit sounds fucking fun as hell. I need to go watch gameplay vids now.

Top Bottom