• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTMobile PSP graphics king!

BobsRevenge

I do not avoid women, GAF, but I do deny them my essence.
The new MGS looks pretty decent too. Really suprised at the graphics people are pushing out of the PSP now.

FFObsessed said:
60 fps too.

IL: Sixty frames per second is good. How is something like that possible on a handheld?

Yamauchi (laughs): With a lot of effort. Sixty frames per second is something we're really wanting to stick to, because otherwise, we can't call it a game -- or at least I wouldn't call it a video game.

thaOwner said:
Did you decide on which version of the PSP you will be picking up yet ?

Sick. Defintely gonna give this a go on the go.

Yup. Stickin with my good ole' PSP-1000. After 4 years, its still going strong. Three games I can't wait for now are GT Mobile (day 1), MGS (day 1), Fat Princess (day 1). Seriously, ridiculous lineup.

Leonsito

Has the gameplay been dumbed-down?

When playing with a controller I always use the two sticks, I can't get the buttons to work for me for the break-throttle.

They probably achieved 60fps by cropping the play area thanks to the HUD and black bar in the bottom.

A concession I'm willing to live with for a game to look and play that great.

edit: Worm_Buffet, get out of my head

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
Yep. Best looking portable console game ever. Just stunning really.

StuBurns

Banned
Leonsito said:

When playing with a controller I always use the two sticks, I can't get the buttons to work for me for the break-throttle.
Almost certainly, it's why I'm not interested.
The PSP doesn't have analogue buttons, you could have accelerate/break on the stick maybe, but that'd strange.

Leonsito said:

Kaz actually plays GT with the DPad if he's using a controller. So it wouldn't be dumbed down because of that. It's more than likely close to GT4 physics.

Wollan

I'm mostly amazed that we actually have a date (October 1st). Gone for years and then it all gets unveiled at once with only a couple of months away.

teepo

SolidSnakex said:
Kaz actually plays GT with the DPad if he's using a controller. So it wouldn't be dumbed down because of that. It's more than likely close to GT4 physics.

no analog controls on the psp :(

This is why GT PSP took so long

"Simply put, we really wanted to develop the game ourselves, without licensing it out to others. When you do that, there's an order of priority that you develop. We had to make Tourist Trophy, we had to get out GT HD, and as a result, it took us this long to get into it. We actually regretted now that we made the announcement back then, because it was really too early."

http://e3.gamespot.com/story/6211043/talking-gran-turismo-psp-with-kazunori-yamauchi

Wollan said:
I'm mostly amazed that we actually have a date (October 1st). Gone for years and then it all gets unveiled at once with only a couple of months away.
It's not the first time, though. it was dated for october 06 at one point.

teepo said:
no analog controls on the psp :(
It'll be like playing a racing game on a keyboard. a lot of tapping.

T Ghost

Is it confirmed that there's no way to control the car with the analog stick?

If it is confirmed GT PSP is an uber total historical fail. Who plays a driving simulator with a D-Pad in 2009? Did Sony completely lost the touch with reality?

Wollan

T Ghost said:

If it is confirmed GT PSP is an uber total historical fail. Who plays a driving simulator with a D-Pad in 2009? Did Sony completely lost the touch with reality?

Of course it controls with the nub. People just don't refer to it as a analog stick. :p

T Ghost said:

From the Gamespot interview I posted above

"I think myself that it might be easier to play with the d-pad. [The original Gran Turismo] was only compatible with the d-pad to begin with. We have a long history of adjusting the d-pad controls from back then. And of course we've tuned analog controller so that you can play it either way but I think the preference for most will be to play with the d-pad."

Will wait for direct feed footage, off screen makes games look better than they actually look by obscuring bad textures/image quality and giving the appearance of enhanced lighting.

yankee666

Holy shit!!!, im would kill for that demo on the PSN store today!!!. (yeah i kown, im a dreamer). So far only videos from E3 on the Store, Plus FFVII!!!

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Wollan said:
Too many PSP games suffer from bad framerate, this will be heaven.
Well, I wouldn't say that. Compared to consoles, sure, but PSP games still tend to sport the best framerates out there when it comes to handheld 3D titles.

T Ghost

Wollan said:
Of course it controls with the nub. People just don't refer to it as a analog stick. :p
Oh, that's ok then. But question: if it's a stick (even that it's tiny) and is analog, why can't one call it an "analog stick"? Did I miss any meeting/memo here?

DMeisterJ

Banned
Amazing. 60 FPS makes for not so hot screens, but a beautiful gameplay. The smoothness makes the game look better.

Now I know why TTP loves his 60 frames.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Wollan said:
Too many PSP games suffer from bad framerate, this will be heaven.
This is the reason why the Wipeout games stand out on PSP, as the FPS on those is slick, if not 60, very close to it.

Anyway, game looks phenomenal, almost GT4 standards, Day 1 for sure (On my PSP 1000 :D)

T Ghost

SolidSnakex said:
From the Gamespot interview I posted above

Awesome. But seriously, how can someone play a driving simulator with a d-pad at this point in time is beyond my comprehension. The fact that Yamauchi "prefers" the d-pad over the analog says tons about why and how Turn10's physics engine is kicking Polyphony's physics engine. If we could only match the graphics of one with the physics engine of the other we would have the definitive racing simulator.

T Ghost said:
Awesome. But seriously, how can someone play a driving simulator with a d-pad at this point in time is beyond my comprehension. The fact that Yamauchi "prefers" the d-pad over the analog says tons about why and how Turn10's physics engine is kicking Polyphony's physics engine. If we could only match the graphics of one with the physics engine of the other we would have the definitive racing simulator.

Wow...

T Ghost said:
is this satire?

epmode

Stop It said:
This is the reason why the Wipeout games stand out on PSP, as the FPS on those is slick, if not 60, very close to it.
Wipeout PSP runs at ~30 FPS. Pure runs faster if you overclock the system but Pulse doesn't benefit from this.

Top Bottom