• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTTV on May 13th: Sony Surprise? [Almost Assuredly Starhawk]

fixuis

alr1ghtstart, wow! Nice catch.

@MuseManMike top quality detective work there bro! Wouldn't have noticed the stars if you hadn't brought it up!

So close I can taste it. Finally it's here after all this waiting!!

I hope starhawk's learning curve isn't as steep as warhawk's. I remember buying Warhawk a year after it released and immediatly regretting because i was constanyly getting destroyed because only vets were playing.

Hazanko

Banned
mysticwhip said:
I hope starhawk's learning curve isn't as steep as warhawk's. I remember buying Warhawk a year after it released and immediatly regretting because i was constanyly getting destroyed because only vets were playing.

I hope it is actually. It felt satisfying getting good at that game.

Hazanko said:
I hope it is actually. It felt satisfying getting good at that game.
It felt impossible to improve my game becuase i was constantly getting owned by players that were way ahead of me and actually had a chance to get better.

DR3AM

mysticwhip said:

i agree, i even stopped playing it because how hard the controls were

Hazanko

Banned
mysticwhip said:
It felt impossible to improve my game becuase i was constantly getting owned by players that were way ahead of me and actually had a chance to get better.

It was like that for me too. I couldn't even fly the Warhawks at first so just stuck to ground stuff. It took me ages to get good and I do admit it was a hard multiplayer game to get good at. I dunno though, I liked that about Warhawk.

evolution

I hope this delivers, warhawk is my favorite PS3 game so far. Even when newer games came out I always ended up back with warhawk.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
alr1ghtstart said:
ikTW9i.jpg
*slow clap*

Is it weird that I feel...really proud of you guys at this moment? Amazing.

firen

Sony is selling PSN to Microsoft and purchasing Nintendo's Wii Online System Friend Pass Thing™ confirmed. Also, Starhawk.

Amir0x

Banned
bishoptl said:
*slow clap*

it is the most weird complicated set of feelings I've ever had but certainly 'pride' is one of them :p

mysticwhip said:

This time there will be a single player campaign in which you'll be able to hone your skills.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Cant wait to see this!

Me and my roommate put some serious time into warhawk. Id get home at 2am and there he would be on the couch, playing warhawk drunk lol.

Afrikan

Warhawk's soundtrack always reminded me of some Star Trek: Deep Space 9/ Voyager type vide. I wonder if they will keep the same type of soundtrack for StarHawk.

fixuis

Afrikan said:
Warhawk's soundtrack always reminded me of some Star Trek: Deep Space 9/ Voyager type vide. I wonder if they will keep the same type of soundtrack for StarHawk.

They totally should. Warhawks soundtrack is just another reason why the overall package is stellar. Grabbed it from iTunes as well. Brilliant stuff. Perfection just like the game.

bishoptl said:
*slow clap*

It is amazing...and amazingly creepy, all at once. I mean, who has knowledge of Dylan Jobe's moles? Who compares them? Who the fuck does that?

But fuck the creepy--IT'S MOTHAFUCKING STARCRAFT!!!! CONFIRMED!!! WOOOOO!!!!

fixuis

Wonder if it's going to have the same amazing style as warhawk or they're going with a more realistic approach like say battlefield 3/ star wars type gfx...that would be cool too.

yencid

fixuis said:
Wonder if it's going to have the same amazing style as warhawk or they're going with a more realistic approach like say battlefield 3/ star wars type gfx...that would be cool too.
what im picturing in my head right now is a style like brink's. Cartoony realism

yencid said:
what im picturing in my head right now is a style like brink's. Cartoony realism

The character design and animation in Warhawk remains some of my favourite this gen. I love the slightly exaggerated running and back-jumping. The whole damn game stands up incredibly well due to its tasteful textures and visuals.

Afrikan

Pristine_Condition said:
It is amazing...and amazingly creepy, all at once. I mean, who has knowledge of Dylan Jobe's moles? Who compares them? Who the fuck does that?

But fuck the creepy--IT'S MOTHAFUCKING STARCRAFT!!!! CONFIRMED!!! WOOOOO!!!!

FINALLY FOR CONSOLES!!!!! WOOOOO!

Top Bottom