• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTTV Revealing New Sony Game "Very Soon", More

johnnylineup

Neo Member
jstevenson said:
Yes - but it is not a game from Insomniac.

ha. I was expecting nothing more than just a yes. Js stoking the fire! Just post the first letter of the game and edit it real quick, nobody will see, promise! :D

Averon

jstevenson said:
Yes - but it is not a game from Insomniac.

With Insomniac out of the running, the game is either Killzone 3, Infamous 2, MotorStorm 3, Starhawk or Syphon Filter. Killzone 3 and Infamous 2 are E3-ish games, imo. So that leaves Starhawk, Syphon Filter or MotorStorm 3.

Lagspike_exe said:
Making a 2D platformer and making a 3D action adventure that would actually do good reviews and sell good are two completely different things.

Look at how much people are involved in making AAA FPS games. 41 is like a 1/4 of what the normal size is.

I guess we could find out soon. As Y2Kev pointed out, that website is old and there's no telling how many staff they have now. U2 was developed by 85 people according to Evan, and that was with them adding quite a few people onto the original Uncharted team. So the original would've been closer to the staff number that Bend had whenever they last updated their site.

DMeisterJ

Banned
Averon said:
With Insomniac out of the running, the game is either Killzone 3, Infamous 2, MotorStorm 3, Starhawk or Syphon Filter. Killzone 3 and Infamous 2 are E3-ish games, imo. So that leaves Starhawk, Syphon Filter or MotorStorm 3.

Could also be Sly Cooper in place of inFamous 2.

Or it could be Resistance 3 ARC. As long as it was developed by another team, it's not from Insomniac. Same as how Resistance Retribution does not house the Insomniac logo on it anywhere.

Resistance 3 Arc developed by Bend is back on the table.

noah111

Still Alive
gofreak said:
Still feel good about a Starhawk prediction :) Thinking about it, I'm quite eager to see it.
I really don't want to start believing that, because once i'm on that train there's no umping off when it blows, and there's no denying it will. I want to believe, but i'm too scared to get my hopes up.

I'm settling with MS3 or a PSN sequel (TGC or PJ).

DMeisterJ said:
Could also be Sly Cooper in place of inFamous 2,
To be honest, I couldn't see a Sly game in the sense that we know being anything other than a PSN release, and besides, didn't Geoff say it's a Sony sequel or am I wrong?

It's probably going to be Motorstorm 3, and thus disappointment (at least for me). Geoff Keighley sure knows how to hype us all up for his show.

Mikey Jr.

Averon said:

God I hope it isn't Motor Storm 3. I hate racing games, even though Motor Storm was enjoyable. If it was out of those 3, I hope its Starhawk.

deepbrown

Lagspike_exe said:
Making a 2D platformer and making a 3D action adventure that would actually do good reviews and sell good are two completely different things.

Look at how much people are involved in making AAA FPS games. 41 is like a 1/4 of what the normal size is.

I agree.
Question how many people made Uncharted 2?

Replicant

While I won't mind seeing Motorstorm 3, it's not exactly my idea of "Awesome new game". That usually means it's probably Motorstorm 3. :lol

Replicant said:
If it's Motostorm 3, everyone's going to be disappointed.

Someone will be disappointed no matter what's announced, as this thread has already showed. I still think that it's either Starhawk or TM.

DMeisterJ said:
:eek:

My prediction of Resistance 3 ARC was wrong (for now).

Welp, back to the drawing board.
God, I hope someday I get to use the evacuation code I got from the last ARG. It never came up.

Averon

I really want it to be Syphon Filter. Sony really needs a good espionage/action game. Splinter Cell: Conviction got me jealous (don't have a 360).

Mikey Jr.

Guerilla unveiled their DLC on GTTV, so maybe they have a relationship with them? I don't know, I'm fucking grasping at straws here.

noah111

Still Alive
SolidSnakex said:
Someone will be disappointed no matter what's announced, as this thread has already showed. I still think that it's either Starhawk or TM.
Like I said before we have to think about what makes sense to NOT be debut at E3, and that's either a PSN title or a racing game that's prone to the possibility of being overshadowed by other reveals..

PS. Wtf is TM again? :lol

tzare

Replicant said:

not me nor my friends, but as MS3 is somehow known to happen because of that web domain, i wish it is something else. I'll be disappointed if it is Twisted Metal, i never liked that game. Oh, i'd like to see a new Destruction Derby, i loved the first one

noah111

Still Alive
Lagspike_exe said:
Twisted Metal.
How did I forget that? :lol Yeah, don't see it being that either, tbh..

SolidSnakex said:
It could be Waterstorm though. Which would be amazing!
I'd earther have EarthStorm, vehicles and races across every imaginable landscape on earth, with moon play DLC!

johnnylineup said:
ha. I was expecting nothing more than just a yes. Js stoking the fire! Just post the first letter of the game and edit it real quick, nobody will see, promise! :D

You do realize that he possibly could be aware of the game's existence without knowing that it was the GTTV reveal right? Especially since it's not an Insomniac game being revealed.

Anyways thanks for the answer JS, he actually gave us more than a simple yes or no answer. I'm hoping it'll be Syphon Filter.

Foil

Replicant said:

Not me. I'm expecting something along the lines of Hot Shots Party Bash. If it ends up being Motorstorm: Water Boogaloo I'll be somewhat pleased with it. Doesn't mean other games like Syphon Filter, Starhawk, Killzone 3, Twisted Metal, Socom 4, Infamous 2, and others aren't still coming. Shit there's a lot of good stuff on the way. Sony fix my fucking PS3 for free you bastards!

I've grown weary of these show reveals. Always have low expectations for them.

theBishop

Banned
Averon said:
I really want it to be Syphon Filter. Sony really needs a good espionage/action game. Splinter Cell: Conviction got me jealous (don't have a 360).

I really want to see this. For the reasons you mentioned (though I do have a 360+PC), and also the PSP games were spectacular.

And in case Sony Bend is listening:
SPIES VERSUS MERCS

Ubisoft lost their marbles. May as well pick them up.

tzare said:
I'll be disappointed if it is Twisted Metal, i never liked that game.

If it is TM then it's not going to be the game you remember. Jaffe's said that "if" they do another game in that series then they're going to have to rework it for the current market.

V_Ben

Banned
theBishop said:
I really want to see this. For the reasons you mentioned (though I do have a 360+PC), and also the PSP games were spectacular.

And in case Sony Bend is listening:
SPIES VERSUS MERCS

Ubisoft lost their marbles. May as well pick them up.

man, if Bend did that, i'd love them even more :lol

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Syphon Filter PS3 should have Gabe Logan's old running animation

"i shit my pants i shit my pants i shit my pants i shit my pants i shit my pants i shit my pants"

Does anybody remember those rumors about Hardware Online Arena 2 developed by Incognito? Did that just end up being a bullshit story or will something come out of that? I honestly haven't even heard of the first game before those stories came out so I guess it would be a surprise sequel :lol

GameTrailers: And the surprise Sony sequel is....Hardware Online Arena 2!"
Everybody: There was a first one?

theBishop

Banned
I NEED SCISSORS said:
Maybe if we got a MotorStorm 3 that was close to the E3 05 target render, people would be impressed.

Agreed. I also would like to see more openness. If they can do a conceptual Island for Pacific Rift, why not go all the way and do Motorstorm Paradise proper?

Foil

Am I the only one who would like to see a new Medievil on PS3? What are the guys who made that doing these days?

I NEED SCISSORS said:
Maybe if we got a MotorStorm 3 that was close to the E3 05 target render, people would be impressed.

What if it's a water based Motorstorm? With no Wave Race in sight I'd be super happy. Awesome water effects, big waves, crashes, etc. That could be a big enough change to get people excited about another Motorstorm.

Top Bottom