• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTTV Revealing New Sony Game "Very Soon", More

beast786

WrikaWrek

Banned
Baki said:
Basically Semi-Confirmed Holiday List:

The Agent No
ARC Games
Possibly GT5
Final Fantasy XIV No

Speculated Additional FALL games:

Killzone 3
Motorstorm 3
Starhawk
Syphon Filter 5

And then speculated, just another wish list.

Yoboman said:
I think it's Syphon Filter

1. It seems like it's being sold as something on the system pushing level of UC2 and GoW3
2. HHG has that Syphon Filter is exactly that
http://hiphopgamershow.ning.com/profiles/blogs/bungie-is-loving-the-power-of
3. It's supposed to be a surprise

Either way, we are all going to be disappointed when it's a 20 second date of an unveiling teaser.

Bungie Is Loving The Power Of PS3 New Game In

Really, Bungie is working on the PS3?

HYDE

Banned
I'm holding out on a Insomniac developed Jak and Daxter.
This would be a suprise sequel imo!

Moobabe

Lagspike_exe said:
Doesn't MS have a contract with them that allows them to be the first to review and possibly sign a publishing deal with Bungie?

But does that stop Bungie making, hypothetically, a ps3 exclusive? Surely MS couldn't sign the publishing rights to that.

Moobabe said:
But does that stop Bungie making, hypothetically, a ps3 exclusive? Surely MS couldn't sign the publishing rights to that.

I believe that would fall into the "gray territory".

Although it doesn't matter, since that won't happen.

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
Moobabe said:

Bungie could absolutely make a PS3 exclusive, given that MS first said 'no thanks' to their project as a 360 exclusive.

And plz plz plz be a surprise announcement of GoW IV :(

Moobabe

Lagspike_exe said:
I believe that would fall into the "gray territory".

Although it doesn't matter, since that won't happen.

Agreed. I would love to see what they could do though, they seem to have done a hell of a job with Reach.

Combichristoffersen said:
Bungie could absolutely make a PS3 exclusive, given that MS first said 'no thanks' to their project as a 360 exclusive.

Even if all the work Bungie had done was done on the ps3? MS could just, if they wanted it, tell them no and make it 360 exclusive?

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
Moobabe said:
Even if all the work Bungie had done was done on the ps3? MS could just, if they wanted it, tell them no and make it 360 exclusive?

I'm not 100% sure on all the legalese details, but I think the deal between MS and Bungie says pretty much that if Bungie make a new game, MS will have first dibs on it. If they don't want it, Bungie can shop around for another publisher. So I don't think Bungie could make a PS3 exclusive game just like that, without letting MS have a first look at it.

thcsquad

Combichristoffersen said:
I'm not 100% sure on all the legalese details, but I think the deal between MS and Bungie says pretty much that if Bungie make a new game, MS will have first dibs on it. If they don't want it, Bungie can shop around for another publisher. So I don't think Bungie could make a PS3 exclusive game just like that, without letting MS have a first look at it.

They could pitch the game in a way that makes it sound incredibly lame to Microsoft, and then make it awesome once another publisher signs it. Not that they would have any reason to do that, but it's possible...

slider

WrikaWrek said:
And weird that he can just go around leaking shit.

He certainly fills a niche (from what little I know of him). I wonder how popular his site is though? I've never been to it. Only know of it's existence from GAF.

BTW, I've never played a Syphon Filter game. Is the PSP one on the Euro store? I'll check later but some kind soul may answer here.

Moobabe

slider said:
He certainly fills a niche (from what little I know of him). I wonder how popular his site is though? I've never been to it. Only know of it's existence from GAF.

BTW, I've never played a Syphon Filter game. Is the PSP one on the Euro store? I'll check later but some kind soul may answer here.

I know that both 1 and 3 are on the store and you can play them on your ps3 :p

WrikaWrek

Banned
thcsquad said:
They could pitch the game in a way that makes it sound incredibly lame to Microsoft, and then make it awesome once another publisher signs it. Not that they would have any reason to do that, but it's possible...

A forum fanboy would do that.

But it would be incredibly retarded for a developer, that has to have some sort of business sensibility, and has a good relationship with MS, to do that.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
DMeisterJ said:
Insomniac is working on more than one title right now

http://www.gamerzines.com/ps3/news/insomniac-more-than-one-game.html

Hmm...

Not really a new thing. I thought for a while now they'd be doing sort of like a 80:20 split of resources between the 'next' game and the game after that. So while most of the studio was working on a crack in time, a smaller number were beavering away on the game after that (i.e. Resistance 3), and then once ACiT was finished, the resources would flip over to Resistance3 and so on.

Although with the new studio they could/would presumably be working on up to 3 titles...

slider

Moobabe said:
I know that both 1 and 3 are on the store and you can play them on your ps3 :p

I'll get to it straight after my latest bash at HR. Thanks!

On the MS/Bungie thing I recall the proviso was that whatever game Bungie made for any other platforms also had to be on an MS platform. Of course that's a pretty wide horizon but there you go.

WrikaWrek

Banned
Well if they do make a new Syphon Filter, they gotta change a lot of stuff.

In some ways, the change is already here with Splinter Cell Conviction, but i guess since that's not on Ps3 they are making something as an alternative.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Lagspike_exe said:
Maybe they'll still splitting 80:20 and doing a DLC game with their new studio?

North Carolina is working on its own game.

NIGHT- said:
Getting tired of Ratchet and Resistance sequels.

Ratchet I can understand (lots of Ratchet games in 7 years when you add in PSP/Q4B), but there's only been one sequel to Resistance.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Js! I just finished A Crack in Time! I wanted to say congrats. You guys did an awesome (your awesomest!) job.

NOW REVEAL TO US WHAT THE REVEAL IS

And who is telling HHG these things? He gets all the hot deets but he's...HHG.

NIGHT-

jstevenson said:

Ratchet I can understand (lots of Ratchet games in 7 years when you add in PSP/Q4B), but there's only been one sequel to Resistance.

True. I suppose wouldn't mind another Resistance game as long as the campaign didn't feel rushed.

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
jstevenson said:
Don't give in to the haters man!

SolidSnakex said:
41 people according to their website. Big enough to make a PS3 game for sure.

41? They shipped their last game in March last year. There is no way they could do a reveal of a proper PS3 disc game with that kind of a manpower for such a short period of time.

Alan Wake took like 5 years to develop and that was with 60 people.

Peff

Teetris said:
Don't give in to the haters man!

Definitely. I'll settle with DLC for A Crack in Time but I want MOAR Ratchet, especially as long as it's as good as the last.

deepbrown

jstevenson said:

A comment that pretty much confirms Resistance 3.

I personally think we should see an adult action adventure game from Insomniac - in the vein of Ratchet, but more realistic graphics/gameplay.

Insomniac and Naughty Dog - making a realistic and adult game does not mean you have to make a shooter! =)

The only I would shit for is if the Syphon Filter game added light/shadow mechanic from Splinter Cell. I mean, why not? Conviction is going off in a different direction. Would be interesting to see their own take on the L/S mechanic.

Lagspike_exe said:
41? They shipped their last game in March last year. There is no way they could do a proper PS3 disc game with that kind of a manpower for such a short period of time.

Media Molecule was made up of 28 people when they were developing LBP.

DMeisterJ

Banned
deepbrown said:
A comment that pretty much confirms Resistance 3.

I personally think we should see an adult action adventure game from Insomniac - in the vein of Ratchet, but more realistic graphics/gameplay.

Insomniac and Naughty Dog - making a realistic and adult game does not mean you have to make a shooter! =)

Did it really need confirmation? We know that their hands are tied on announcing it til SCE gives the OK, but we're not slow. They've done this Ratchet/Resistance dance for two years now. Only a fool would think we'd not be getting Resistance 3 next. I'm busy wondering what next years game will be though. I know ACiT ended where it could be an end, or a option for a sequel, so we'll see if the North Carolina game is that or not.

Lagspike_exe said:
41? They shipped their last game in March last year. There is no way they could do a reveal of a proper PS3 disc game with that kind of a manpower for such a short period of time.

Yeah, iirc, Sucker Punch was like 60 people for inFamous and that was in development for 3 years. I find it impossible that Bend could have something to show aside from a Title Screen (but we may just get that).

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Lagspike_exe said:

Well, they coulda hired since then. Their website hasn't been updated since 2007. It doesn't mention Resistance Retribution at all.

I would love Resistance 3, but we know that is coming. I don't want it to be the unveil. Let us have a little magic :)

SolidSnakex said:
Media Molecule was made up of 28 people when they were developing LBP.

Making a 2D platformer and making a 3D action adventure that would actually do good reviews and sell good are two completely different things.

Look at how much people are involved in making AAA FPS games. 41 is like a 1/4 of what the normal size is.

Y2Kev said:
Well, they coulda hired since then. Their website hasn't been updated since 2007. It doesn't mention Resistance Retribution at all.

I agree.

jstevenson said:

In other words get ready for Resistance 3.

JS, yes or no question, do you know the game that's being revealed on GTTV?

Lagspike_exe said:

Bend is a 1st party studio, so I'd think they could just get ND or GG's engine. Also the 41 people might be old news, their website is older than dirt, reminds me of the days of netzero.

Top Bottom