• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guerrilla Games Announces Post Horizon Zero Dawn Comic Series

Guerrilla Games Announces Post Horizon Zero Dawn Comic Series Featuring a New Hunter Character in Collaboration With Titan Comics

horizon_dawn_comic-_publicity_-_embed-_2020.jpg

Sony-owned Guerrilla Games has announced the first Horizon Zero Dawn comic series in collaboration with Titan Comics.

The franchise’s very first comic book series will be set after the events of Horizon Zero Dawn and will focus on the new hunter character Talanah.

The new series — written by Anne Toole, one of the writers of the video game inspiration, with artwork from Ann Maulina — is set after the events of the game itself as another hunter Talanah searches for purpose after the disappearance of Aloy. Investigating a mysterious new threat in the wilds, she discovers an all-new breed of killer machines.
“Fans are going to absolutely love the stories we have to tell of Talanah and Aloy as we expand the Horizon Zero Dawn universe in this new comic series,” said editor Tolly Mags. “I’m really excited to see their reaction when this explosive new story arrives.”

Issue #1 in the new comic book series will launch on July 22 digitally and in comic book stores.

ALOY AND TALANAH RETURN IN A NEW STORY SET AFTER THE EVENTS OF THE GAME!
Nature has reclaimed the planet. Awe-inspiring machines dominate the land, as humanity fights for survival on this new Earth.
Horizon Zero Dawn was released for the PlayStation 4 back in February of 2017. The action-RPG has received numerous rewards and more than 10 million copies of the game have been sold since its release. A PC version of the game will be released this summer, which will support achievements and widescreens.

While not officially confirmed, it’s basically a no-brainer that Guerrilla Games is currently actively working on a sequel for the upcoming PlayStation 5.

Horizon Zero Dawn is an exhilarating new action role playing game where you play as Aloy, a young hunter on a quest to discover her destiny among the remnants of the ancient past. The game is set in a lush, post-post-apocalyptic world where machines roam the land and mankind is no longer the dominant species.

Psykodad

Banned
i hate all of you guys:messenger_blowing_kiss:

please sony, don't rush horizon 2 for launch, don't listen to these fools 😆
I NEED HZD2 at launch. 🤯

Seriously though, it'll probably be the first major Sony title coming to PS5 in the first year.
I remember reading reports on GG already working on HZD2 from about 2 years ago, so a release within the first year would give the game roughly 3-4 years of development time.
Not bad at all, especially since they already have the engine for it.

And they can probably beta-test features on PC. 😜

Last edited:

GymWolf

Gold Member
I NEED HZD2 at launch. 🤯

Seriously though, it'll probably be the first major Sony title coming to PS5 in the first year.
I remember reading reports on GG already working on HZD2 from about 2 years ago, so a release within the first year would give the game roughly 3-4 years of development time.
Not bad at all, especially since they already have the engine for it.

And they can probably beta-test features on PC. 😜
bro horizon is my gotg for this gen, but i still want a non-rushed sequel, give guerrilla all the time of this world.

do you remember infamous 3 and killzone sf? they were rushed for launch and they basically killed their franchises.

if you are a real fan, you want horizon 2 in his best possible form.

if it's a launch titles we can be pretty sure that it's not gonna be optimized\created around the super fast ssd inside ps5, i'm pretty sure that the ps5 wasn't even a thing 4 years ago and you don't create the core of the game in the last 2 years or so, think about this.

just sacrifice some minor titles for the launch and not your biggest new ip of the current gen without a larger base of ps5 installed.

Last edited:
bro horizon is my gotg for this gen, but i still want a non-rushed sequel, give guerrilla all the time of this world.

do you remember infamous 3 and killzone sf? they were rushed for launch and they basically killed their franchises.

if it's a launch titles we can be pretty sure that it's not gonna be optimized\created around the super fast ssd inside ps5, i'm pretty sure that the ps5 wasn't even a thing 4 years ago and you don't create the core of the game in the last 2 years or so, think about this.

just sacrifice some minor titles for the launch and not your biggest new ip of the current gen without a larger base of ps5 installed.
I'm not disagreeing with you fully, because there is a risk of it disappointing should it have been rushed for launch, but if any dev was going to have had access to everything planned for PS5 far ealier than almost anyone else (excluding Naughty Dog), it's likely to have been Guerilla Games.

I mean given the prestige and envy most people have of their Decima Engine alone, I'd expect Sony wanting to make sure it absolutely sings on PS5.

Last edited:

GymWolf

Gold Member
I'm not disagreeing with you fully, because there is a risk of it disappointing should it have been rushed for launch, but if any dev was going to have had access to everything planned for PS5 far ealier than almost anyone else (excluding Naughty Dog), it's likely to have been Guerilla Games.

I mean given the prestige and envy most people have of their Decima Engine alone, I'd expect Sony wanting to make sure it absolutely sings on PS5.
i'm not a technical guy, but isn't the ssd in the ps5 (and the optimization, dedicated chips, deeply hardware integration etc.) a relatively new thing?
i mean, working on a slower ssd without having any idea of the surronding hardware is it really squeezing 110% out of that system?

like i said, the core of the game (level design, how ambitious the game is etc.) is not something that you can build later during the development, it's the first thing and sure as hell final ps5 hardware wasn't even a thing 4 years ago when they started making the game, even if ssd were already a thing it's not near an optimal scenario.

if you consider that an ambitious but still current gen game like rdr2 was in development for 8-9 years with 1000+ devs, then 3-4 years with faaaaar less people for a next gen open world game are literally nothing...

Last edited:

Psykodad

Banned

True, but in case of Infamous and KZSF, they had to develop new engines from the ground up.

GG already has an engine, improved even after Death Stranding and likely with the PC release of HZD.

3-4 years doesn't seem rushed if you take away the time needed to develop an engine from the ground up.
At least, I assume not.

Geki-D

Banned
There's also a GoW prequel comic called God of War : Fallen God by DC set between GoW3 & GoW2018. Comes out 24th of june:
1585144211-2194-capture-d-ecran.jpg

Last edited:

GymWolf

Gold Member
True, but in case of Infamous and KZSF, they had to develop new engines from the ground up.

GG already has an engine, improved even after Death Stranding and likely with the PC release of HZD.

3-4 years doesn't seem rushed if you take away the time needed to develop an engine from the ground up.
At least, I assume not.
you have a point but like i always say, if 3-4 years are good, 5-6 are even better, i don't want a single bit of code being rushed on that game 😆

splattered

If HZD2 does end up as a launch PS5 title, it will definitely be cross-gen with PS4 to maximize sales for the title.

I'm totally ok with that though, I watched my son play through a big chunk of the first game and it was pretty good... looking forward to seeing what they can do with it on the PS5 hardware.

If HZD2 does end up as a launch PS5 title, it will definitely be cross-gen with PS4 to maximize sales for the title.

I'm totally ok with that though, I watched my son play through a big chunk of the first game and it was pretty good... looking forward to seeing what they can do with it on the PS5 hardware.

Sony clearly said that there will be PS5 exclusive titles developed early into next gen.

Sony and Nintendo know that it's games that sell new hardware so expect some tentpole releases that won't be cross-gen.

S

Steve.1981

Unconfirmed Member
Just never been into comics. But I might give this a look because I can't wait for HZD2 and really like the lore.

Kokoloko85

Sounds good. I can wait till end of 2021/ Beginning of 2022 for Horizon 2... In meantime give me a Miyazaki exclusive please

Top Bottom