• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

guerrilla games new ip "horizon" concept art leaked [Up2: Third artwork]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Concept17

So if I understand right...

Open world horror RPG
Third Person
Female protagonist
John Gonzales is the lead writer (Fallout: New Vegas)

GG is one of my favorite studios, so this is fucking awesome.

Open world horror RPG
Third Person
Female protagonist

Where did the horror come from?
Perhaps I've missed something but I think people might be getting things mixed up with Shinobi indicating that Bend's next game will be survival horror.

Looks like the first Destiny concepts that came out awhile back where it was more medieval looking, rather than futuristic.

Destiny-Concept-Art-1.jpg

Edit: why isn't my image working?
Edit 2: oh didn't know you needed the http:// in front of the URL..

Open world horror. That's it for now.

Last thing I need on my doorstep are Sony assassins.

ugh...no syphon filter?

not to mention open world horror? i like horror games which have tight level designs.

please don't be a zombie game. ugh. people make fun of musou games yet we have the same type of games just with zombies.

ugh...no syphon filter?

not to mention open world horror? i like horror games which have tight level designs.

please don't be a zombie game. ugh. people make fun of musou games yet we have the same type of games just with zombies.

Sony already has an open world zombie game H1Z1, so yeah it better not be something like that...and then there's Last of Us 1 & 2 of course.

majik13

going by how concep art and ideas always look way more amazng than actual excution and the pared back final product, then I'll remain mildly interested until we actually see the game running and being played.

Looks like the first Destiny concepts that came out awhile back where it was more medieval looking, rather than futuristic.

Destiny-Concept-Art-1.jpg

ha thought of this exactly...and goes with my point above.

Rei_Toei

Fclvat sbe Pnanqn, ru?
mechbotdinosaurthings look like an interesting twist, but the character designs look a bit generic. I like the other stuff posted earlier (page 10) more.

Nafai1123

Banned
For fucks sake people the horror comment was in regards to Bends new game. It has absolutely nothing to do with what GG is working on.

Cornbread78

Maybe it's 'confirmed', as in 'confirmed' by trustworthy insiders like Shinobi, Verendus or DemonNite.

Don't put DemonNite there, he never confirms $hit. He straight up fu(ks with us everytime because he works for one of the devs.... His tuff is all cryptik and embedded; the mean type, ya know....

see:
Guerrilla's game isn't horror folks. Yall getting mixed up with the talk around Sony Bend's title.

For fucks sake people the horror comment was in regards to Bends new game. It has absolutely nothing to do with what GG is working on.

Wait...wait...a 3rd person horror-based RPG with THAT art??????

Wow.

Open world horror RPG
Third Person
Female protagonist

ugh...no syphon filter?

Horror you say?

I'm out. Can't stand horror unfortunately... I'm too much of a pussy.

Y'all gotta read. They was talking about Sony BEND game being horror not GG.

Damerman

seriously... i'm running into way too many cases where people don't really appreciate posts on here. is reading so hard?

Don't put DemonNite there, he never confirms $hit. He straight up fu(ks with us everytime because he works for one of the devs.... His tuff is all cryptik and embedded; the mean type, ya know....

But DemonNite is awesome... he knows his shit, and just plays jokes on us or makes very subtle hints, like the Joker to our Batman.

Anybody has a link to the images? I never got to see them. ):

edit: What the hell!? I'm getting a CP warning on one of those links in the OP.

Looks like a lot of fun.

lol. Like the game itself is any better or worse cause of the gender of the lead character.
It can lead to better writing, yes. I tend to prefer games with female leads because it doesn't rely on being the savior of universe through endless killing and demonstration of power. And I like having a female character on screen. I don't see the problem in it.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
I really do enjoy when these Sony first party studios come out with these new concepts. It just goes to show how many people really sleep on Sony's first party as if it somehow has weakened when its only actually strengthened.

wmlk

I just hope it's not dull like most third-person Western games. This looks wild and I'd love for it to actually be a fun game.

I'm interested. The info we have on the game is intriguing and the art is decent enough. I'm not gonna get hyped though, I'm just gonna hope that Guerilla delivers a good game.

Glad to see it's third person as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom