• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

guerrilla games new ip "horizon" concept art leaked [Up2: Third artwork]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just think open world games are much more quickly and easily compared to each other. GTAV kicked expectations for open world detail into the stratosphere. I get the feeling a lot of companies reconsidered their open world plans once GTAV came out, WatchDogs was the most obvious. More recently Infamous got numerous complaints of the lifelessness of the city, with many immediate comparisons to GTAV. Its one thing to build an open worl, its another to fill it.

infamous are open world game in the style of open world superhero game like Spider-man or Hulk. those are totally in the same scale. I never once expect infamous game to be on the scale of GTA.

Seems incredibly silly... not sure I like the idea of "fuck it, we know we are terrible with stories, let's put dinosaur robots in our game".

This is one of the most absurd things ever read. How did you come to that conclusion over two pieces of leaked concept art?

By the way, to the few who are still asking if it's First or Third Person...I'll repeat this for the new page: - the game is a Third Person, open world RPG with TPS elements. It is known

So they went from space nazis to robot dinosaurs with laser beams, lol. Well if they are going to do this they better go the way of Volition and have fun with it instead of trying to tack on some shitty Sci-fi that takes itself far too serious.

Honestly? I hope they play the lore as straight as humanly possible. You already have tribal humans fighting robot dinosaurs. Explicitly winking at it would almost be too much. I want this game to treat its own plot with all the reverence of The Last of Us. It's the only way to do it justice.

This would probably be a good time to mention that I'm a massive Metal Gear fan.

EDIT: I don't even want to know why the dinosaurs are robots. Completely needless information. I just know they have to die.

Warablo

This is one of the most absurd things ever read. How did you come to that conclusion over two pieces of leaked concept art?

By the way, to the few who are still asking if it's First or Third Person...I'll repeat this for the new page: - the game is a Third Person, open world RPG with TPS elements. It is known

ibUzA4MqwAKgS.gif

Ape

Banned
This is really weird considering how good the backstory of KZ games is

I played one KZ game a long time ago, didn't pay attention to the story. I think Bungie has shown us that one franchise doesn't necessarily give you a pass one way or the other. (as far as story telling goes) With that said, this game seems to be right in my wheel house and I really want to see more. Really want it to turn out.

Holy shit! Hell YES!

I kind of want a pawn system from Dragon's Dogma.

I want this game to be a new Dragon's Dogma with a better story.

I want this game to be Skyrim + Dragon's Dogma with giant robot dinosaurs.

I want to know more about this game.

I second this comment. Dragon's Dogma + robo-dinos is basically my perfect game encapsulated in a single sentence.

Can someone point out how this looks like Destiny in any way whatsoever? Seen a significant number of posts mentioning it but I can't see an ounce of similarity.

People were just comparing a piece of art, in which the only thing in common was that both took place in a snowy area. Literally the only similar thing. Needless to say that saying both are similar games based on that single artwork is some reaching...

EVERYTHING WAS DESTINY

Look interesting.

Game has been in the works for years so I hope Sony doesnt cancel it and fired half the team.

I know this is a dig at SSM, but is there any reason to think this would happen with Guerrilla? They've released five games since 2004, or three since 2009. They're nothing if not an efficient and reliable studio.

Why does it need to have no MP, that's just silly

Anyone expecting this to have no online and no shooting is delusional. Both of those things have basically been Guerrilla's bread & butter since the studio formed.

Guerrilla has a long way to go before we can start comparing their games with CDPR games.

I think the open-world aspect was just compared to TW3 as an example. No-one's comparing their output with CDPR.

Swords? Will there be swords? I need to know.

Well, in that first image the assassin has a spear and the WOLF HEAD HUNTER has an axe. I think it's a safe bet that there will be swords in there too.

Single-player friendly and an actual open-world? Pretty much the anti-Destiny. Can't fucking wait.

Ha ha; this seems like a more apt example!

It's not like there's any event from now till E3 worth dropping this bomb on...

Bloodborne didn't force their hand either and that was leaked ingame content.

Although to be fair, Bloodborne leaked about six weeks before E3 itself was due to take place. This is a bit different as we're months away from a significant western trade show, and I can't see a Guerrilla game being revealed at TGS.

if this game is really a 2016 I don't see a reason to rush to show anything. Doesn't everybody hate it when stuff is shown too early anyway?

Yeah; I do agree with this. Let Sony splurge at E3 next year and give us some solid details, not reveal it too soon and drip-feed information over the next 18 months.

bwakh

-独特的生物和生动鲜活充满互动的环境

I think that one would be "A world full of unique living creatures and organisms that the player can interact with"

I hope interaction is not only battling. Still has potential though.

Widge

Yes! I remember going to teh internet to read the Killzone history. It was actually fascinating.

My main issue is that I didn't really pick up on it when playing the actual games. I think Killzone could have done so well in covering the founding of Helghast. Looking at the timeline, they became enemies of circumstance and the earth related populous were certainly not whiter than white.

Killzone's storytelling has always been fuckawful. They concentrate on these shitty soldiers who spend all their time cursing or bickering while the actual backstory and high-level politics of the war is quite interesting but never explored.

But now they've got that writer and designer from Obsidian I'm hopeful that Horizon will be much more successful in that regard.

I'm glad it's third-person. I always feel so much more connected to a game when I can see the character I'm playing as. The RPG elements are very much welcome too. Open world sure is all the craze right now though.

KOHIPEET

I so want this game to have a heavy fantasy world like Korgoth of Barbaria, infused with a high-tech sci-fi and of course much more serious than Korgoth.

This kind of absurd scenario is exactly the sort of thing we need in more mainstream games. A little bit of creative risk and silliness. Regardless of plausibility robotic dinosaurs could be amazing.

Sony E3 2015
- This game
- Bend's game
- Uncharted info
- The Last Guardian

It's already 10/10 :)

TLOU 2, SSM game, media molecule, morpheus blowout. All first party lol, absolutely insane.

Naughty Dog won't show TLoU until some time after Uncharted 4 has launched, and similarly I don't think Media Molecule will have anything else to show until after Tearaway Unfolded has released.

But nonetheless, Sony should have a pretty great E3 next year. Ignoring any rumours, we should at least hear about new projects from Japan Studios, Santa Monica and London Studios as well as perhaps the next game from Quantic Dream.

I so want this game to have a heavy fantasy world like Korgoth of Barbaria, infused with a high-tech sci-fi and of course much more serious than Korgoth.

i do not know if it us to be trusted, but some reddit person said she/he was part of a focus group and the game wis about a post apocalyptic world where animals evolved into machines and humans went back to tribes and they harvest the carcasses of the animals to make their weapons.

if this were true, then hopefully we'll have a more nature setting.

Violater

The lore and universe is great, the story that makes it into the game is diluted and usually marred by the horrible characters.

If the rumors from this thread are true about open world rpg it would be such a far departure from Killzone that I would support them on principle.

viperman240

Neo Member
Has this been posted?

The concept art for this game looks awesome, I hope the actual game looks as cool, beautiful and intense as the art depicts everything.

60ade0f3jw1eke6j0zwa5j21kw149h8v.jpg

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
So the impression I'm getting is that this is the modern day, but technology randomly reformed into robo-dinosaurs, so people started using modern tools that weren't electrical to fight them in a hunter gatherer society.

Hopefully that's the plot and it takes itself extremely seriously.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom