• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

guerrilla games new ip "horizon" concept art leaked [Up2: Third artwork]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drayco21

Fantasy bullshit, vikings with guns and bearcapes, and dinosaur mechs? Yup, I'm sold on a day one purchase on concept alone.

Apt101

Dinobots from the future mistakenly sent to the Viking age.

Assassins Creed dude, Brave girl, and bear guy are also from the future to retrieve/destroy the dinos to prevent disruption the space time continuum. Only some of their weapons made through space travel and now they have to resort to primitive weapons.

At least that's my guess. :p

The art looks awesome.

The dinosaurs of Earth did not go extinct from an asteroid. Instead an alien technology run amok, which has been roaming the stars for untold eons, was to blame. It is now like a virus, landing on planets and emulating the dominant species while exterminating it. Then it moves on.

Billions of years later man has evolved, built civilizations, then left Earth as its sun was dying. They travel millions of light years with futuristic technology, finally finding a hospitable world just as their resources are exhausted. They incorporate what technology they can, but without sources of energy and wreckage for tech they're forced to settle for simple implementations - including weaponry. Bows, pistols, some biological agents, etc.

And as luck would have it, the alien technology, having wandered the stars for billions of years, finally arrives on the same planet mankind now calls home.

Aselith

FUCKING DINORIDERS GUYS

awesome-dinosaur-850x560.jpg

Nooooo. Damn you delays :(
It's not announced yet to have a delay lol. Have to understand that it's an ambitious game. It's not easy to create a new IP in a completely new genre for the team. It's better to have a quality game in the end when they're ready. I think people will like what they get :)

bombshell

Have to understand that it's an ambitious game. It's not easy to create a new IP in a completely new genre for the team. It's better to have a quality game in the end when they're ready. I think people will like what they get :)

Definitely.

"Insert famous Miyamoto quote here"

Some Nobody

That art style flies so close to parody, it's like it was designed by a room of ten year old boys (or man children).

Ugh. Every post like this depresses me. We need MORE crack settings like this, not less. If I have to deal with one more garbage shooter that's obsessed with the military industrial complex or another dystopian story, I'm going to vomit.

Unfortunately no.

Oh wow, this is a 2016 game? :(

zeromcd73

Have to understand that it's an ambitious game. It's not easy to create a new IP in a completely new genre for the team. It's better to have a quality game in the end when they're ready. I think people will like what they get :)
You're absolutely right, all the best to the developers and hope they can create a fantastic game :)

Hope we can still get a glimpse of the game atleast at E3 next year.

Since you're active in this thread, please leave a smiley face if FFXV is showing this week :)

bomma_man

FUCKING DINORIDERS GUYS

awesome-dinosaur-850x560.jpg

No big boobies or huge steroid men! Looks like good scifi art.

^ that picture is what instantly came to mind. Also big tits is more a room of 14 year old boy thing.

Depends what tone the game has. If it's intentionally hammy like dino lasers then cool. If it tries to take it self seriously then, well, ehhhhhh

Ugh. Every post like this depresses me. We need MORE crack settings like this, not less. If I have to deal with one more garbage shooter that's obsessed with the military industrial complex or another dystopian story, I'm going to vomit.

Because they are the only two choices.

Adding corny sci-fi to generic fantasy and Tom Clancy wank wow what an artistic breakthrough.

JCreasy

Wait wait, this is legit? HOLY SHIT???

Well, this how you do next gen. Go hard or go home. Do something only a game can do.

Hindle

Banned
I hope this isn't anything like Destiny/Borderlands. I'm hoping for something along the lines of Fallout/The Witcher.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom