• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

guerrilla games new ip "horizon" concept art leaked [Up2: Third artwork]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Violater

This looks like a mess.. Robot dinosaurs? A medieval/Pocahontas looking girl with a compound bow, an semi samurai/eastern looking assassins creed guy with a spear and some sort of whip an old dude with a bear skin on handling an 18th century pistol and a modern looking tomahawk.. and people thought destiny was all over the place art wise.

People generally loved the art from Destiny, the problem is hardly any of it made it into the game with any sense of meaning.

This artwork looks to me like it could be 2 diff warring groups, one technologically advanced the other more "magic" based. Excited to see them moving from Killzone to hopefully something more open world third person.

FeD.nL

It looked great. They just need a decent writer
and I am pretty sure they hired someone?

John Gonzalez who was the lead creative designer and lead writer on Fallout: New Vegas.

Edit: His synopsis on LinkedIn

Narrative designer with extensive in-house game development experience. My focus is storytelling for open-world role-playing games. Because they are awesome.

Specialized in
Narrative design, dialogue systems, creative writing, world design, documentation, voice direction.

Shabad

And I am glad that you like these games. I think they look great, but play mediocre, as I wrote, but I guess I should have added an IMO in my comment to avoid stuff like this. Like I wrote in my last post, it was a stupid comment to make since I dont want to derail the thread, as all of you, I hope this game will be great. However, for my taste, that means some different design decisions than what is usually taken at Sony.

Putting this in spoiler to avoid more derailing:
God of War has incredibly dull hack&slash-gameplay that is very repetitive- looks great though.
Resistance/Killzone is not worse - or better - than Battlefield/Cod - but to stand out in this crowd you need to be special, which they are not, thus mediocre.
LBP is completely ruined by the jumping.
This is all my personal opinions, and I am as I said glad you and other like the games.

To stay on topic, I will just consider your Killzone example. Killzone's gameplay has nothin wrong. The weight sensation is unparalleled, the guns deal quite a punch, the level design has some brilliant elements, ... The true issue with Killzone is the horrible story telling despite a wonderful background.

As for the rest of your opinion, I couldn't disagree more. LPB in particular is a construction game more than a platformer... and it does that brilliantly. You also fail to mention many Sony games (Demon Souls, Gran Tourismo, about every game Naughty Dog ever created, ... the list would be endless). And fail to see that some games don't need a complex gameplay to be enjoyable.

This looks like a mess.. Robot dinosaurs? A medieval/Pocahontas looking girl with a compound bow, an semi samurai/eastern looking assassins creed guy with a spear and some sort of whip an old dude with a bear skin on handling an 18th century pistol and a modern looking tomahawk.. and people thought destiny was all over the place art wise.

I'm here to tell you about this lovely medium called concept art. Concept art is usually created in pre production as a precursor to actual development of the visuals. It is a concept used by artists and developers to build on. Sometimes encompassing many different styles so the art team can use them to create the overall look of a piece. Surely I don't need to explain what a concept is right?

Go play call of duty since it looks like that's all everyone wants. For once we get something unique and it's called "dumb", "stupid", and "messy". This is what we need, games are following the same direction and it has lowered my interest as a whole. I remember as a kid you have many games to choose from, now not so much because they're clones.

. Can someone update the first post with the information shinobi hinted so people will stop asking?

SykoTech

Robot dinos and red-headed protagonist. shinobi delivered.

Concept art looks amazing. Hope the game turns out good. Never been interested in Killzone, but I'lldefinitely be keeping an eye on this one.

Salex_

Someone should really put the known information in the OP.
  • Open world RPG
  • Third Person
  • Female protagonist
  • John Gonzales is the lead writer (Fallout: New Vegas)
  • Single player and co-op multiplayer

delSai

I'm cool with the Lady bein' the Main Character but i was hoping the Game had a Create a Character Function. Guess you can't have everything. Looks hype.

Why are people saying it's like Destiny? It doesn't even look like Destiny. AT ALL. Or a MOBA? You're tripping.
It works like this. For Halo/Xbox fans, Destiny was going to be the next Halo, a true affirmation that Bungie is god-tier, everyone swang from the rafters in joy... when it turned out Destiny was turd, it was disowned by Bungie lovers and now anything that runs counter to Halo culture shall be branded as "like Destiny". Obviously, anything made by GG fits into this credo.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
This looks absolutely awesome, and I can already kind of imagine what it will look like in motion using their engine, which is to say, phenomenal. Just thinking of those individual robot parts all moving as they walk around.

I-hate-u

Described to me as a 'rough' trailer so it's likely they decided against it and felt they didn't need it. Definitely a reveal at E3 2015. (Though we'll see if this forces their hand sooner).

It probably depends when it comes out right? If its coming next year, then I don't see why they wouldn't give us a teaser at VGAs (If there is one this year).

Nozem

Eh, depends on how customizable the character is. If you can fully customize the appearance it would be stupid not to have a gender option.

I'm all for a fixed protagonist though, that makes for better storytelling imo.

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
Concept arts is awesome and the Idea behind them too, but I hope that it's not another FPS from GG. TPS with adventure elements (see Uncharted series, Enslaved and the last Tomb Raider) will be a really cool mix I think and female protagonist.... hell, I will buy this game just because of this alone (^_^)

zeromcd73

We next gen Zoids now

mech_mecha_zero_zoids_liger_zoid_schneider_kadoo_desktop_1280x960_hd-wallpaper.jpg

It probably depends when it comes out right? If its coming next year, then I don't see why they wouldn't give us a teaser at VGAs (If there is one this year).
Indeed but it's not next year. I don't even think Sony needs it to be honest. People still haven't seen Bend's game ;)

v1lla21

Looks dope. We get a creative game (concept art at least) and people call it dumb when we haven't seen any videos or gameplay on it. K.

Someone should really put the known information in the OP.
  • Open world RPG
  • Third Person
  • Female protagonist
  • John Gonzales is the lead writer (Fallout: New Vegas)

I hope they create a cool female protagonist, they would be the first in a while to get it right. I would like to know more about the combat though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom