• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

guerrilla games new ip "horizon" concept art leaked [Up2: Third artwork]

Status
Not open for further replies.

JCreasy

I just want to say, I'm so glad this leaked. I've been dying to see what the new GG IP was gonna be. Clearly GG is a talented team, it's just that KZ was keeping them creatively stagnant. Sounds like they have a great director and writer in place for this. Can't wait to see the official reveal!

SykoTech

Now teasing for Bend's game? Man, sounds like they'll be going beast mode next year.

Concept arts is awesome and the Idea behind them too, but I hope that it's not another FPS from GG. TPS with adventure elements (see Uncharted series, Enslaved and the last Tomb Raider) will be a really cool mix I think and female protagonist.... hell, I will buy this game just because of this alone (^_^)

It's a third-person, open world RPG according to shinobi.

Rand6

Someone should really put the known information in the OP.
  • Open world RPG
  • Third Person
  • Female protagonist
  • John Gonzales is the lead writer (Fallout: New Vegas)

A female protagonist in a RPG? It's strange, because usually every western RPG have some sort of character creation...

BouncyFrag

It's a third-person, open world RPG according to shinobi.
mrw-i-stub-my-toe-29796.gif

This looks like a mess.. Robot dinosaurs? A medieval/Pocahontas looking girl with a compound bow, an semi samurai/eastern looking assassins creed guy with a spear and some sort of whip an old dude with a bear skin on handling an 18th century pistol and a modern looking tomahawk.. and people thought destiny was all over the place art wise.

Who thought Destiny's art was all over the place? People complained about it because the game doesn't really resemble it all that much. As far as the art in this game goes, i'd say it's about time that a AAA western developer was given a big budget to make a game with a crazy concept. This seems like the type o concept that a developer could have a lot of fun with. It in many ways reminds me of NES-PS2 games or even how Kamiya seems to design his games, in the sense of "does this look cool/fun?".

What About VGAs? i think that might be a good time...Maybe

I'd be shocked if they did a VGA for this year. We might get another VGX, the stream show, but last year showed that it didn't seem like major publishers really cared too much for that concept. And why should they? They can host a stream any time they want and have the entire audience focused on that one game. Without the television broadcast they don't get the chance of reaching people that they may not normally reach with a stream.

So some western Sony RPG Game Artwork leaks one day before TGS show.

Mhhh... maybe we see something tomorrow (Maybe just a teaser but better than nothing.)

To me, this looks really similar to that Guerilla Games artist's portfolio work that was touted by many gaming sites like Kotaku as leaked concept art for their next game, then quickly confirmed as nothing more than plain old imaginative artwork by the artist unrelated to any gaming project.

Sorry if this has been addressed already; I'm catching up in the thread right now. Is my memory shot, or is this art the same source or just by the same artist? If it is from the same source, that either means GG and Sony were covering up the leak... or this is nothing more than simple portfolio work that's being misconstrued again.

Sorry if this has been addressed already; I'm catching up in the thread right now. Is my memory shot, or is this art the same source or just by the same artist? If it is from the same source, that either means GG and Sony were covering up the leak... or this is nothing more than simple portfolio work that's being misconstrued again.
Art style look similar to me, but who knows.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Bend doing open world horror, GG doing open world rpg with robot dinosaurs... Sony calm down I can't take all this.

You're the best, Shinobi. Also, more! ;)

Well we know from job postings that Bend's game is an Unreal Engine 4 title, so it's presumably PS4 only and not on Vita.

The artwork makes me a little nervous thinking it's an "Evolve" type game (multiplayer co-op vs. big robot dinosaur)

Hoping this 3rd person RPG stuff pans out!

Open world horror. That's it for now.

Last thing I need on my doorstep are Sony assassins.

Out of interest Shinobi, how come you seem to have so many contacts - do you work in the industry? Or write for a publication?

Also, an open world horror from Bend sounds glorious. Sony seem to be putting a lot of emphasis on horror elements in their games recently, with TLoU, The Order, Bloodborne and Bend's game.

That second piece of art most definitely looks like art that usually comes out of Guerrilla Games. It has a very similar colour palette and style of art design looks really reminiscent of stuff from art that we've seen from the Killzone universe. I am seeing some tell tale Guerrilla industrial art in that dinosaur. And a lot of blue lights. Guerrilla loves them some blue lights. It looks a bit different colour wise from the first piece of art, but that may be a different artist.

I'm so pumped to see more.

botty

Banned
Looks good, though the characters/enemies are underwhelming. Hoping there are some people of color in the game.

I like it, I really need to know what genre this is.

Originally Posted by Salex_

Someone should really put the known information in the OP.
Open world RPG
Third Person
Female protagonist
John Gonzales is the lead writer (Fallout: New Vegas)

Is this absolutely confirmed? If yes, that's interesting.

ron_bato

Would that be a first? can't really think of any open world horror games. Seems like it would be difficult to pull off a horror game without it being linear

I can't think of one too. And to your point about that being difficult, Alan Wake was supposed to be open world, they opted on making it linear due to the difficulties they faced.

Here is a quote from http://kotaku.com/5475175/alan-wake-used-to-be-an-open-world-game

"When a player turns up in a monster truck to a love scene, you know you're doing something wrong," he said. Making Alan Wake open-world — giving players freedom to go anywhere and be able to avoid following a specific, prescribed path — defied Remedy's ability to control the flow of their game and convey the tension and mood they wanted to.

Would be interesting to see how this turns out.

AndyD

aka andydumi
Interesting concept. One where wildlife is both mechanical and biological.

I was afraid this would be Sony's version of Evolve, until I read the open world RPG details, which make a lot more sense.

I hope it incorporates a scavenging/crafting system, as that's something missing more and more from games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom