• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guerrilla: GG's new IP won't be at E3 - not ready to show yet

Salex_

Where's that list of all the Sony 1st/2nd/3rd parties and the possible games they're working on?

Here it is. I swear this list is invisible lol. Keep in mind it doesn't factor in random joint projects (outside of what we currently know) with other studios.
Ok, so we have the following IP's (what we know):
- Entwined
- Bloodborne
- KILL STRAIN
- Guns Up!

Studios, which we can count out (which are not the devs of the above mentioned IP's):
- Sony Santa Monica Studio (too soon)
- Guerrilla Cambridge / Cambridge Studio (too soon)
- Media Molecule (see Thread)
- Naughty Dog (Uncharted 4 + TLOU: Remastered)
- Sucker Punch (inFAMOUS: Second Son / DLC)
- Foster City Studio (doesn't make own games anymore)
- Sony Online Entertainment (PlanetSide 2, EverQuest Next/Landmark, H1Z1)
- Ready at Dawn (The Order: 1886 only)

So what is left:
- Sony Japan Studio (over 400 people / several teams)
- Sony London Studio (SingStar Team + Project Morpheus Team + another team/Unannounced title)
- Evolution Studios (DRIVECLUB only)
- Guerrilla Games (Killzone: Shadow Fall Team + Unannounced new IP)
- Sony Bend (1 Team / Unannounced new IP)
- Sony San Diego Studio (MLB The Show Team + Rumored Second team / Unannounced new IP)
- Polyphony Digital (two Studios, in two different towns --> Gran Turismo only, as it seems)
- Pixel Opus (new Sony Studio in San Mateo / one team / Unannounced new IP)

Second/Third Party working on SONY IP's:
- From Software (Project: Beast)
- Supermassive Games (Until Dawn)
- Giant Sparrow (Unannounced title)
- Quantic Dream (BEYOND team + Unannounced new IP)
- Clap Hanz (maybe "Everybody's Golf 7" for the PS4)
- The Chinese Room (Everybody’s Gone to the Rapture)
- Novarama Games (Working on an unannounced title / maybe Invizimals for PS4)
- Heavy Spectrum Entertainment Labs (Shadow of the Beast)
- Tequila Works (RIME)
- Housemarque (Resogun DLC + Unannounced title)
- Arrowhead Game Studios (HELLDIVERS)
- Honeyslug (Hohokum)
- Queasy Games (Sound Shapes)
- OVOSONICO (Murasaki Baby / VITA-only)
- Marvelous AQL (Soul Sacrifice / VITA-only)
- Shift (Freedom Wars / VITA-only)
- Dimps (Freedom Wars / VITA-only)
- Alfa System (Over My Dead Body 2 / VITA-only)
- On The Metal (BigFest / VITA-only)

So what do you say, guys? Who's doing what? ;-)
We thought "Entwined" could be Media Molecule's game. Seems like it isn't.
"Bloodborne" could be Project Beast/Demon Souls 2
"KILL STRAIN" could be Sony Bend's game.
"Guns Up!" ..... no idea. Maybe a new Ratchet?

Start the guesses ^_^

Dmonzy

Yeah, I really get that vide when they announce they're streaming it live to theaters around the U.S. and Canada for the first time ever.

Honestly I get more of a vibe of arrogance from that. We all know that Sony became full of themselves last gen, it's totally possible that they are overestimating their popularity and think they can get by without showing much.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
No. The message from camp Sony is that 'we won't be at E3. We're not showing our game'.

In essence, negative vibes.

There's still a lot of unaccounted for studios that haven't said anything at all. Three have said they're not going to be there and all three released a game last year.

Hell, even Uncharted showing up would be a surprise to some given all the gloom and doom surrounding ND after the departures.

i know we're starting to lean heavily off topic, but hopefully this can help make some sense of what could plausibly be shown at E3.

i made this a while back when someone in a thread posted a list of Sony studios and what their current/rumored projects are. not sure if this is completely up to date though:

giS0Vhe.png

border

You are so lucky that you have not played the last of us. 2014 is looking snazzy for you. I doubt judging by what has been shown so far that there will be a better game you will get to play this year from any publisher than the last of us.

I hope TLoU comes out this month or July. I have been meaning to go to Gamestop to trade-in Wolfenstein for credit towards TLoU, while the trade-in value is high.

I'm actually a little nervous about this Playstation Theatre event, because I've managed to avoid TLoU spoilers for over a year and I might accidentally overhear some from people in the crowd.

No Gurrilla Games...no Media Molecule.

This E3 is looking to be quite disappointing for Sony in terms of NEW ANNOUNCEMENTS.

I'm sure The Order and Uncharted 4 will impress, but ehhh...I have a feeling this year will be a repeat of last...1 new IP announced.

No. The message from camp Sony is that 'we won't be at E3. We're not showing our game'.

In essence, negative vibes.

Honestly I get more of a vibe of arrogance from that. We all know that Sony became full of themselves last gen, it's totally possible that they are overestimating their popularity and think they can get by without showing much.

lol man this thread. I honestly don't know who's serious and who's pulling legs anymore.

Here it is. I swear this list is invisible lol. Keep in mind it doesn't factor in random joint projects (outside of what we currently know) with other studios.

DAMN!

That is one hell of a list dude.

I didn't realize Sony has that much going on behind the scenes.

This E3 could prove to be huge for them, after all.

Lemondish

DAMN!

That is one hell of a list dude.

I didn't realize Sony has that much going on behind the scenes.

This E3 could prove to be huge for them, after all.

What is this?? Optimism?! We can't have that in our doom and gloom circle jerk. Get out of here with your hope and realistic expectations given all the known facts. Only disappointment allowed here, mate.

I'm excited and expecting one hell of a show.

Lemondish

I don't think people should assume they'll have a great show because of that.

Likewise, people shouldn't assume they have a terrible show because possibly three of Sony's many internal studios have said they won't show a previously announced title at E3.

Pennywise

lol man this thread. I honestly don't know who's serious and who's pulling legs anymore.

Which is even more exhausting, people wanna have fun, but if there are a dozen of them all trying to make the same joke combined with all the people who're serious about it, it's madness.

i know we're starting to lean heavily off topic, but hopefully this can help make some sense of what could plausibly be shown at E3.

i made this a while back when someone in a thread posted a list of Sony studios and what their current/rumored projects are. not sure if this is completely up to date though:

Japan Studio are such a fantastic wildcard. The only ones we know for sure are Gravity Rush 2 (super hyped for it) and the recently leaked Project Beast (but that's From's baby with help from Japan Studio). I really hope they have some really random weird game to show at E3.

Top Bottom