• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 - Path of Fire |OT| Mount and Shining Blade

Emitan

I got 2nd place in the Amnoon race and got the item I need for the firebrand axe. Any reason to do it again for first place?

Did anybody else just have the "Map Completion as [Class]" part of any of their Specialization Weapon collections marked as completed? I just checked and it's maked off on all four characters I've gotten PoF elite specs on.

Is shield or pistol better for Holosmith offhand? I'm still not sure what sort of build I should be going with this class, but man is it fun.

Auraela

Banned
Had a few items say give to priory researcher elisa. Theres an achievement for finding her aswell.

Says shes somewhere in crystal desert

Stuart444

Did anybody else just have the "Map Completion as [Class]" part of any of their Specialization Weapon collections marked as completed? I just checked and it's maked off on all four characters I've gotten PoF elite specs on.

Is that the one with the (prof) cache as the item for it?

If so, no, it's not marked as completed on either of the two specs I've unlocked.

Auraela

Banned
None of the maps have a huge meta like hot. A welcome change. I hated fighting to get into the right map or u fail n everything in map stops due to meta.

The bounties are awesome love the legendary ones

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Not sure if there are other binds that need to be addressed, but for now I have updated the gamepad profile to have a bind for Summon/Dismount Mount. Hold RB and hit start.

Also, I added Hold RB and hit Back to toggle Action Cam on/off in-game. This is useful when you first start playing to be able to get into gamepad mode without touching your keyboard.

Download the newest zip here.

Stuart444

Ok so wanted to see how many HPs we have in general now for Core/HoT/PoF so people can see how picky they can be (aka to avoid having to farm all the HPs in HoT :p)

Core Tyria: 189 (1hp = 1hp)
HoT: 11 + 11 + 11 + 7 = 40 x 10 = 400
PoF: 5 + 7 + 8 + 6 + 3 = 29 x 10 = 290

In total, that's:

189 + 400 + 290 = 879 total HPs

so in short, you can be rather picky, you have plenty to choose from.

Ruff

I don't play this game for endgame or the dungeons or anything... my main question is does this expansion have any badass jumping puzzles? :D

Emitan

None of the maps have a huge meta like hot. A welcome change. I hated fighting to get into the right map or u fail n everything in map stops due to meta.

The bounties are awesome love the legendary ones

None of them do? I was hoping for at least one. I guess I'd rather have zero metas than all of them being HoT style though

Stuart444

We sure that the final map doesn't? Considering where it is, I'd have been sure that area had a meta. Maybe not one that stops the whole map but at least a pretty big meta.

Not sure if there are other binds that need to be addressed, but for now I have updated the gamepad profile to have a bind for Summon/Dismount Mount. Hold RB and hit start.

Also, I added Hold RB and hit Back to toggle Action Cam on/off in-game. This is useful when you first start playing to be able to get into gamepad mode without touching your keyboard.

Download the newest zip here.

You rock, Hawk. I was going to ask you about this :D Few questions though:

1. I've put the new exe in compatibility mode for Vista like the old instructions said and have the new xpadder profile selected but it's not working. The controller doesn't appear in xpadder, just an empty window. Is there anything else I need? Is that old script file that made the green box with an H in it still necessary? Didn't try using that.

2. Do you have a new bindings list by any chance?

Thanks for the work you put in! I feel the gamepad link deserves to be in the OP.

Massicot

Remember if you're loaded up on boosters to kill enemies in the corners of maps (or passive enemies like rock gazelles) for tons of bonus exp. Just killed something like 8 gazelles for 10k exp each.

Stuart444

Remember if you're loaded up on boosters to kill enemies in the corners of maps (or passive enemies like rock gazelles) for tons of bonus exp. Just killed something like 8 gazelles for 10k exp each.

Doesn't seem like it's worth grinding exp though. I mean, Raptor Mastery 1 and 2 were like 250,000ish or so and Mastery 3 (which I'm on now) is 300,000ish.

Unless the others (final raptor/other mount masteries) are much more expensive, doesn't seem like it's worth grinding exp at all.

Going through season 3 right now and I still really love how much your character talks.

This is the complete opposite of FFXIV where your character stares blankly into space during conversations which is a part of the game that I dislike heavily.

I also like how each of the chapters in season 3 seem to have a completely new zone to explore.

Indignate

I have the opposite problem in that I've done map completion and did not get the box or the collection marked off.

Hoping the second map does it.

Hey guys I have a level 80 revenant who I did nothing on. Leveled only through PvP done like 0 main story.

Is it practical to keep him? He has like no PvE gear.

Mendax

Hey guys I have a level 80 revenant who I did nothing on. Leveled only through PvP done like 0 main story.

Is it practical to keep him? He has like no PvE gear.

exotic gear is not expensive to buy from the TP if you have some gold. I'd say keep him if you like the class

Figured out how to get the controller to appear in xpadder and can play with the controller now but there's something wrong with it. When I'm not in pointer mode, kind of comes off as a semi-pointer mode. Stinted movements and there are often times where my character won't move at all unless I release the control stick and then resume. I also notice that select the interaction button makes me do attack 1 so definitely feels like there's a semi pointer mode going on even though I'm not in the pointer mode.

I'm curious to see if Hawkian or anyone else that uses gamepad is experiencing this and if they have an idea how to fix it. Difficult to play at the moment so think I'll sign off for the night and hope for a response on this soon.

As for the game, my OCD clear all the zones 100% paid off! I was able to instantly master Weaver without taking a single step upon logging in with still over a hundred hero points left ha Haven't messed with it yet, going to wait to see what good builds people come up with. I have to go out of town for the weekend anyway but the trip was delayed until tomorrow so nice to have a taste of the expansion first. I have a feeling I'm going to enjoy the desert more than the jungle and the mounts should make traversing more fun :)

Oh, speaking of mounts, I'm assuming you're not supposed to dismount every time you do the attack with them? I'm assuming it's another problem with my xpadder setup...

Auraela

Banned
Guys the unid items are now separated by rarity and dont cost anything to id and can be opened anywhere. This is great compared to beta

Memory

Loged on to play the new map, hoped in to WvW first to buy hero points and test specs, ended up playing Wvw with different classes all night lol.

Going to hit the story today and unlock some mounts, feedback seems good apart from expected launch day crashes which apparently have now been fixed.

Violet_0

Banned
do you get a free max level character again when you purchase Path of Fire?

I want to jump in again. I really quite enjoyed Heart, but never made it out of the second zone. Still feel bad for wasting the last free max character on a Guardian, only to find out that I hate the class. Necro and Mesmer 4 life

e: also, where the hell do I get one of my character names for the account reactivation from

jmartoine

The soup chef Mastery point can either be impossible or a cake walk.

First few times I was running all over the place and struggling. The time I completed it I had several ingredients repeat 2-3x which made it too easy.

Did part of the item collection for the secret mount in Vabbi. Was pretty fun, the only one I have left are the ones I have to purchase from NPCs.

I've unlocked every waypoint in the expansion with just the raptor. It took a lot of 1337 jumping puzzle skillz. the raptors second extended jump skill really help cheating the game to get access to places you're only meant to go with a jackal or skimmer.

Usually, I can do a long extended jump and stand on a ledge, and then glide, and then kinda use that method. In vabbi, I discovered that, If I could immunize a few seconds to get "Out of combat, I could re-engage with the mount and continue.

I've done no story yet. I decided to do the opposite of what I did in HoT. I took 5 characters into the Desert (got really sick at doing the prologue over and over)- Now I got a Sniper, Guardian (working on unlocking Firebrand), Soulbeast, Druid and Spellbreaker. I'm gonna focus on doing content with them first.

This expansion is fucking massive. I think in terms of land mass this is bigger than the base game. I was exploring Elon Riverlands and I was like "why is this called Elon Riverla... oh. ohhhh. ohhhhh jesus fucking christ!!".

So far I am really impressed, but I've done none of the story. I was surprised that Vabbi wasn't a meta map like Dragons Stand. I really like Dragons Stand, but on the other hand, having Vabbi not being the same means that DS is not invalidated.

The problem with Dragons Deep is also that its an entire map that is just one big event with many event chains associated with it. And if you're not in a good map and at the right time, the map doesn't work.

All the zones in this expansion are classic GW2, but I think they have hit the difficulty level in a much better spot. There is a place in the Desolation that fucking nuts, and people were just zig zagging for their lives day and night.
It's hard, but it's not hard like Tangled Depths was hard. I think HoT was just too difficult for many players. It was really unforgiving if you were not on point with platforming skillz, and having escapes, sustains and the right tools.

I noticed that a lot of mobs as I was roaming, hit really hard. I think that's a good thing. It makes it more exciting.

Auraela

Banned
found elisa

37214883006_14d1be9d61_o.png

Freeman76

This expansion is fucking massive. I think in terms of land mass this is bigger than the base game. I was exploring Elon Riverlands and I was like "why is this called Elon Riverla... oh. ohhhh. ohhhhh jesus fucking .

That is so good to hear! Bigger than the base game? That is big!!

Morokh

Just finished the story, it's good and epic, their best so far in production value, actual story, boss encounters, with no major mess-ups like in HoT.
There is a weird chapter in there that seems a bit arbitrary but that's it.
But it's actually damn short >_<

So far not really feeling what i saw/played from all the maps, they're gorgeous for sure, but even with mounts going from an objective to another already felt long and not very eventful ... will dive into that more now, and I sincerely hope I'm wrong, I for one won't welcome a full comeback of purely vanilla-type maps.

Top Bottom