• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GUILTY GEAR Xrd REV2 "Demo" Comes May 1st for PS+ Members (no pre-order required)

K.Sabot

http://amalgame.jp/na_rev2-free-demo/
http://www.aksysgames.com/2017/04/28/guilty-gear-xrd-rev-2-demo-hits-north-america-may-1st/

rev2logo.jpg

Key Features

Full Featured Preview
Two new characters, Baiken and Answer are playable from the get-go! New stages, moves and motions are just the beginning of new content to explore in this demo!

Get Schooled On How To Rock
New to the Guilty Gear series or fighting games in general? Veterans and beginners alike will enjoy this in-depth and fun exploration of Guilty Gear’s deep system mechanics.

Rock Alone or With A Friend
Play alone or duke it out with a friend with any of the 25 characters and their re-balanced abilities in Versus Mode and then shake off the salt by spending countless hours perfecting your combos in Training Mode.

This demo includes:

-All 25 characters (including newcomers Baiken and Answer)
-Beautiful New Stages
-Offline versus mode
-Training mode

Everything but the online mode and new story chapters (coming via free update in the summer).

The game will be released on May 26 in North America for PS4 and PS3 via a digital upgrade from REV1 for $20, or as a standalone disc with all the game's content for $40. Steam version will release on June 1st.

K.Sabot

It must be noted that the previous Revelator 1 demo was actually the tournament standard for the game a good month before it officially released. It has all of the content needed to run tournaments and that's why ARCSYS is the best in the business.

Well, I'll be taking advantage of that upgrade. Cheaper than what Capcom offered for expansions, right?

They just released the $25 capcom pro tour 2017 bundle which includes
-2 costumes
-2 unreleased costumes
-an unreleased stage
-a new color for each character and a couple titles

what a value

Type-Zero

Haha this is so awesome, can't wait to get my samurai on with Baiken, I got my side gun chick elphelt on the side. Gun X Sword baby!

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
I can't believe they actually nailed the pricing with this. Demo with training mode is very smart as well.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
It must be noted that the previous Revelator 1 demo was actually the tournament standard for the game a good month before it officially released. It has all of the content needed to run tournaments and that's why ARCSYS is the best in the business.

-2 costumes
-2 unreleased costumes
-an unreleased stage

what a value

^ lol It's sad when people complained about ASW sequels being a rip off
They never have been

-2 costumes
-2 unreleased costumes
-an unreleased stage

what a value
Correction.

It's 2 costumes and an unreleased costume for Guile.

Still shit value.
omfg. I get to play answer in just THREE DAYS!
Hope he lives up to your expectations, I know you've been hyped for this :)

Lemstar

if this functions like most PS+ member content, you can just use a PS+ trial for the full thing; don't have to pony up for a proper subscription for it

Tizoc

-2 costumes
-2 unreleased costumes
-an unreleased stage

what a value

Except this isn't an expansion; it's a DLC that offers alternate outfits, a stage and some of the money goes to support the CPT.

I presume this demo will still work after the game is released? if so, that's a semi crazy deal if you have a local scene and don't play online.

All 25 characters, local versus, and a training mode. That's almost more than SFV had at launch

It gives me a fuzzy feeling inside seeing an ASW fighter PC port launching so close to the console version. I don't know if it'll ever happen, but if PC-Console crossplay ever becomes a thing they have my sword and my money. They'll have to settle for my money come June 1st, though. :)

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
『Inaba Resident』;235076866 said:
The Season Pass is a shit value but the comparison is dumb.

It's not, a season in sf5 is basically an expansion for other fighters
I presume this demo will still work after the game is released? if so, that's a semi crazy deal if you have a local scene and don't play online.

All 25 characters, local versus, and a training mode. That's almost more than SFV had at launch

Yup lol

Roubjon

So I can just download this demo and I'll have it forever? All I ever do with fighting games is play with my friends offline and do training mode.

Tizoc

Ok season 2 pass vs rev 2

Still sucks

SF5's Season 2 Pass unlocks 6 characters at a premium price.
The Rev 2 upgrade kinda does the same assuming you didn't get any of the other Revelator characters :x Though any updates to SF5 are free, despite how big their update is.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
SF5's Season 2 Pass unlocks 6 characters at a premium price.
The Rev 2 upgrade kinda does the same assuming you didn't get any of the other Revelator characters :x Though any updates to SF5 are free, despite how big their update is.

I own the game, I have the season passes. Their "big free " updates are in the same league as asw free updates so that's a eh

BigEmil

That's one heck of a demo. All characters plus a offline versus mode included too? Whew. This should definitely get alot of newcomers into the game

Ashtar

So is this a timed demo? Or will this stay as long as I have plus? And can I upgrade from the demo to full product

K.Sabot

So is this a timed demo? Or will this stay as long as I have plus? And can I upgrade from the demo to full product

I do believe the last demo ran until the game was released.

If this follows the same route, it will be open from May 1 to May 26 until the game releases and then will be locked out of the application until you buy it.

Not sure if you have to download the game again or just unlock the application though.

BigEmil

If this follows the same route, it will be open from May 1 to May 26 until the game releases and then will be locked out of the application until you buy it.

Not sure if you have to download the game again or just unlock the application though.
Ah it was too good to be true...bummer.

Yea Sign's demo stopped working when the game released. (as it should imo).

BrunOz

well done Aksys.

I've bought Sign and Revelator, both on day 1, the best and most polished fighting game experiences I've had this generation, too bad not many ppl are into those games but I hope they take a turn around that with this free demo, can't wait to spread the word and support them buying REV 2!

Thores

Holy shit. I've always been vaguely interested in GG Xrd but never took the plunge. This gives me the opportunity to finally see if it's my jam. Aksys is seriously cool as hell for this.

Siege.exe

Hopefully this will help me sell my friend on Guilty Gear, I haven't played in awhile since I don't have anyone to practice with.

Top Bottom