• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GUILTY GEAR Xrd REV2 "Demo" Comes May 1st for PS+ Members (no pre-order required)

Mesoian

Downloading...

Also I found out that I must have drunkenly purchased this game at some point because I own revelator already and didn't realize.

So I guess I'll just get the upgrade...

Saw some cool new combos with I-No's command grab on twitter last month, really looking forward to testing out these changes later.

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
The last time I played Guilty Gear Xrd was the Japanese demo for the vanilla version and back than I specifically said I refused to buy Guilty Gear Xrd unless they add one of my main 3 characters from Guilty Gear XX era to Guilty Gear Xrd. Their choices was Baiken,Zappa or Robo-Ky but now that they finally added Baiken I'm finally going to buy the game.

Is it timed? Unless I'm mistaken this basically sounds like a free offline only version with no story mode.
As someone who has a decent local scene for FGs, and with me just now looking to get back in the scene after a few year break....this is wonderful news if so. I'll happily buy it down the road to give them money, but I'll be good with local play only too :D

Zetta

Wow I love what they've done with Baiken and Answer is pretty fun. Now all I want is Baiken strut lol looks so great.

Pompadour

Ok season 2 pass vs rev 2

Still sucks

So $20 bucks for 2 characters, some stages, some intros and endings for a few characters, plus the right to continue playing with 99% of the paltry, pre-existing playerbase vs. $30 bucks for 6 characters and 6 costumes?

Look, I'm buying Rev 2 and I'd say Rev is the best fighting game this generation but all this shit talking SFV in non-SFV threads just comes off as weird insecurity. Even in the OTs for other​ fighting games there's a weird preoccupation with how shit SFV is instead of talking about their own game.

Skilletor

So $20 bucks for 2 characters, some stages, some intros and endings for a few characters, plus the right to continue playing with 99% of the paltry, pre-existing playerbase vs. $30 bucks for 6 characters and 6 costumes?

Look, I'm buying Rev 2 and I'd say Rev is the best fighting game this generation but all this shit talking SFV in non-SFV threads just comes off as weird insecurity. Even in the OTs for other​ fighting games there's a weird preoccupation with how shit SFV is instead of talking about their own game.

This. All of it.

Keylow415

I agree with everything this says 100% true. I played a lot of xrd but not a lot of rev1 so I'm excited to play more rev2 when it comes out to be with sf5 as my fighting games.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier

LOL at weird insecurity. More like I'm fucking let down and I want capcom to get their fucking head out of their ass. I don't have this username because i hate SF lol It's my second favorite fighting game franchise.

The general audiences tend to not go past SF or MK. The reason people get like that in the first place is because they get sick of people complaining about the games when their are other things that exist that have the stuff the want. At this point I'm admittedly jaded as hell.

So yeah I'll talk some shit here and there at this point maybe it will get someones attention. Or maybe it will get someone upset *shrug*

VariantX

I'm lucky I got the game on sale on November and never got around buying the other DLC characters lol

I guess alot of people didnt know that you didn't need to buy them ASW gave them away for free for a limited time and all you had to do was download the DLC, even if you didnt have the game yet

VariantX

So, are there any more DLC characters coming up, or is this the final version?

Who can say? ASW can just as easily do an R3 update a year later if they wanted to and build off of R2 just like they did with Revelator. I expected an update, but what I didn't expect given ASW's history with DLC is to allow people owning the current version of the game to upgrade to the next without buying a disc, essentially what Super SF4 let players do after that version.

Korigama

I got the ps4 in October of past year.
Not certain if you had a PS3 before that, but it was also possible to download them that way since all of the DLC for Rev1 (as with -SIGN-, minus certain color DLC) is cross-buy between PS3 and PS4. Adding things through the web version of the PS store was also possible (I got them through a combination of that and PS3, didn't get a PS4 until November myself).

Top Bottom