• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guilty Gear Xrd Revelator coming to EU same week as NA, published by PQube

Europe always gets Arc System Works’ games ages after everyone else, right? Well, it seems like that’s true no longer! PQube have managed to somehow pull a Guilty Gear Xrd Revelator Europe release the same week as North America out of their hat. It will release 10th June 2016, the same week as NA, just a few weeks after Japan.

http://www.ricedigital.co.uk/guilty-gear-xrd-revelator-europe-release-same-day-as-na-pqube-announce/

Great news. June 10th is the EU release date.

Pre-order at Rice Digital

DrArchon

Fantastic news! EU fans of ASW games have been treated as second hand consumers for way too long and they deserved much better than the shit they were putting up with.

Darrenf

Awesome. I haven't played much of Xrd, but I might get the sequel to support it launching in the same week as NA.

What is exactly the reason for the EUs abysmal release dates with Arc System games?

There was no publisher that really cared in EU. Aksys publishes in NA but they only publish very few games in EU, and digital only.

PQube doing is a ton of great work for niche JP games in EU. I hope people reward them with their money :)

Tizoc

If I skipped the previous game on PS4, is there any reason to still buy it? Or should I just grab this?

Just get this, since it's what everyone will be playing, I think it could come with a DLC featuring Sign's story mode like P4 Arena Ultimax :p

PQube is publishing ASW games again, I'm happy with this.

Might have to pick up Revelator. All we need now is them to be supported the same. Xrd EU still doesn't have one of the DLC characters and cannot play online with anyone outside of the EU version.

myco666

Good news but the fact that -SIGN- never got DLC or patches (or at least last time I heard about it) in EU makes me not really want to buy this version. How has PQube handled Blazblue in this regard?

OVDRobo

If this is true, I'll absolutely buy the EU version instead of importing like I usually do.

Definitely not pre-ordering, though, since most PQube published games seem to get delayed regardless of what dates are announced.

I also vaguely remember reading about some issues with some GGXrd DLC being unavailable on EU PS Store, though I might be thinking of a different title.

Can't wait to finally play EDF4.1 in a couple of days.

LegatoB

If I skipped the previous game on PS4, is there any reason to still buy it? Or should I just grab this?
Nope, go right to Revelator. (Watch the story stuff on Youtube, if you're interested.) If you're in Europe, double nope. The EU release of Xrd -Sign- still hasn't gotten the balance patch, or more importantly, the DLC characters who were available day one for everyone else.

Here's hoping PQube will do better.

e: it's roughly a Super update. New characters, some system tweaks, improved graphical effects, new story mode, etc.

The GG Xrd situation in Europe is all on ASW, they published it themselves and then didn't bother with support.

I would be really surprised if PQube dropped the ball this hard in that regard. Don't take Xrd's problems as a Sign that the same will happen with Revelator.

Xav

This is fantastic news but at the same time, I feel like an idiot for buying vanilla Guilty Gear Xrd.

- 6 months late.
- Full price.
- No physical release.
- No patches/updates.
- No DLC characters.

I want some kind of promise that Revelator will be supported after it releases.

Thank you PQube.

HardRojo

Thanks.

Is this a sequel or something akin to a "Super" version of a Street Fighter game?

Yes, that's exactly what it is and is the way plenty of "anime" fighters operate. Previous version is useless after the new one drops. In fact I believe console Persona 4 Arena Ultimax hasn't been updated to the latest arcade version.

On topic: Great news for people in Europe! Glad you guys will be getting the game in such a timely manner.

convo

Wow people must have gotten fired and someone else hired to get this done. Actually really happy about this.

Nope, go right to Revelator. (Watch the story stuff on Youtube, if you're interested.) If you're in Europe, double nope. The EU release of Xrd -Sign- still hasn't gotten the balance patch, or more importantly, the DLC characters who were available day one for everyone else.

Here's hoping PQube will do better.

e: it's roughly a Super update. New characters, some system tweaks, improved graphical effects, new story mode, etc.

This is more of a Super edition.

Yes, that's exactly what it is and is the way plenty of "anime" fighters operate. Previous version is useless after the new one drops. In fact I believe console Persona 4 Arena Ultimax hasn't been updated to the latest arcade version.

On topic: Great news for people in Europe! Glad you guys will be getting the game in such a timely manner.

Thanks everyone!

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Cautiously optimistic.

Wanna hear their plans for supporting the game post launch with patches/DLC in a timely manner as in the US release and what's their decision about online multi versus the world/EU folks only.

Asked about support and stuff

QOHeHf9.png

Also there will be an LE

ltLTo2e.png

Personally I don't care, I'm going to grab it from the Japanese PSN but I'm happy for my fellow European fighting game fans. They have my money if the limited edition is good though.

Dranakin

Really hope they add PS3 fightstick support for the PS4 with this update. I had my BlazBlue Continuum Shift Tournament LE pulled out of storage for SFV.

Timely physical release and proper patching?

That makes me happy. Still feeling sour over Xrd, but i can get on board with this. Hope they can do the same for BBCF once that comes to console.

Videoneon

Wow! Really happy for EU GG players. Limited Edition, physical release, 3 days after NA.

But you all saw this right?

Revelator introduces 6 new characters, a new gameplay type (Stylish Type), a new online lobby, new story, and even more bits and bobs. It’s far from being a simple shove it out the door enhancement. This is more a refinement, building upon the success of the original.

Johnny, Jack-O, Jam, Dizzy, Kum

Raven incoming prolly

This is great news. I ended up skipping guilty gear because I saw so much content by then I was tired of it. Can't wait to do some local cousin tournaments.

Top Bottom