• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guilty Gear Xrd -Sign- PC version rated in Korea

raven777

The Korean Game Rating Board has rated Guilty Gear Xrd -Sign- PC version today.
CUPHujAUYAAN5o4.png:large

CUPHtmwUwAE3Py1.jpg:large

seems they took down the page now, but the link still exists here

It's not Revelator, it's Sign.

kadotsu

Banned
ArcSys' holding on to continuing with the shitty "one game, a trillion versions" model is going to hurt them in the long run. I can't see a world where a service model GG Xrd game wouldn't make more money than less and less people buying the later versions.

wwm0nkey

ArcSys' holding on to continuing with the shitty "one game, a trillion versions" model is going to hurt them in the long run. I can't see a world where a service model GG Xrd game wouldn't make more money than less and less people buying the later versions.

They are at least getting better at it. I mean, they pretty much had no record on PC until this year

As someone who's been primarily an outsider to fighting games outside of Smash Bros - What is it with the genre and this practice anyway? Especially in this era of patches and DLC.

Like, the reason I never got into Fighting Games is EXACTLY because of this. I can get into the gameplay, but I'm not going to be milked for a million re-releases that aren't cross compatible.

It's why I'm hyped for SF5 since they've put a line in the sand that they're ending that practice.

Even with Revelator on the horizon, this coming to PC/Steam would be huge.

Still would be nice if they could just update the base games rather than re-releasing them all the time. How many BlazBlues are there now with Central Fiction? 5? At least Capcom saw their error with re-releases and are just releasing a single version of Street Fighter V with updates down the road. I'd be happy with Xrd on PC in general, but I can dream.

wwm0nkey

Even with Revelator on the horizon, this coming to PC/Steam would be huge.

Still would be nice if they could just update the base games rather than re-releasing them all the time. How many BlazBlues are there now with Central Fiction? 5? At least Capcom saw their error with re-releases and are just releasing a single version of Street Fighter V with updates down the road. I'd be happy with Xrd on PC in general, but I can dream.

While I will double dip on this (need that 4k) and be buying Revelator, I would like it if they were $20 expansions with the new roster, mechanics and story mode.

Still -SIGN- is a great pickup for PC and will be good at getting people into the Universe with the wiki mode and the Story mode being a 3 hour long anime lol

Hopefully Revelator is not too far behind. I understand why Arcsys wouldn't skip Sign (story mode) but it's still annoying.
Yeah without story mode you would have a lot of confused people on Revelator who would probably be picking up GG for the first time

Vice

As someone who's been primarily an outsider to fighting games outside of Smash Bros - What is it with the genre and this practice anyway? Especially in this era of patches and DLC.

Like, the reason I never got into Fighting Games is EXACTLY because of this. I can get into the gameplay, but I'm not going to be milked for a million re-releases that aren't cross compatible.

It's why I'm hyped for SF5 since they've put a line in the sand that they're ending that practice.
Tradition, luckily developers sre moving away from it more this generation.

Nyoro SF

While I will double dip on this (need that 4k) and be buying Revelator, I would like it if they were $20 expansions with the new roster, mechanics and story mode.

Still -SIGN- is a great pickup for PC and will be good at getting people into the Universe with the wiki mode and the Story mode being a 3 hour long anime lol

Yeah without story mode you would have a lot of confused people on Revelator who would probably be picking up GG for the first time

But the story mode in Sign is literally just a movie. All they have to do is drop it into Revelator and they're done and people can get caught up.

This release of SIGN makes no sense unless you're pandering to people who really want to blow their cash before Revelator hits.

Tizoc

Well with Revelator releasing by Spring 2016, we can expect the Steam ver. of it by late 2016 I think.

SIGN is like Ch. 1 of Xrd, Rev is Ch. 2.

wwm0nkey

But the story mode in Sign is literally just a movie. All they have to do is drop it into Revelator and they're done and people can get caught up.

This release of SIGN makes no sense unless you're pandering to people who really want to blow their cash before Revelator hits.

It's still running in engine though and if IIRC Revelator has a few changes done to the engine so I don't think it would be a drag and drop system like you are thinking it is. That being said it would be nice if they could go in and redo the story/animations to get it working in Revelator.

Momentary

Banned
ASW is picking up some serious speed with their PC releases. BlazBlue CPE comes out in January. I wonder if this will make it before the holidays.

See I have a bet that I'm afraid I might be losing if this game isn't released next month.

Still... I don't know why people are getting grumpy about -Sign- when it's not even being releasd on consoles for another 6 months.

Masaki_

Can't really say I'm too excited about it since we're still gonna be one whole version behind. Haven't they learned anything with Blazblue?

catmario

First for Resident Evil 6 Current gen, and now Guilty Gear Xrd for PC

Korean Game Rating Board is really great for gaming information.

Momentary

Banned
I don't get it. ASW announce CPE and -Sign- to be released on PC MONTHS before the console updates are to be released and people are still harping about being behind a version. Are people not thinking or something?

I don't get it. ASW announce CPE and -Sign- to be released on PC MONTHS before the console updates are to be released and people are still harping about being behind a version. Are people not thinking or something?

It's still coming over a year late. People would rather they just wait and release the new version in a timely manner. No one wants to play the outdated version of a fighting game.

rookiejet

Some people don't have a PS3 or PS4 and have been waiting for this version. And Revelator probably won't see a home release for quite sometime if their past release history is any indication.

I personally will be double dipping once it goes live. I have spent so many hours on this game, it's worth it and extra for me.

Pretty much. There won't be a lot of competition from the start and the game still comes with an expiration date.

Not unless Revelator is out on console before this Steam release. -Sign- is still the only version people have at home, and is actively played as ever.

Masaki_

It's still coming over a year late. People would rather they just wait and release the new version in a timely manner. No one wants to play the outdated version of a fighting game.

Pretty much. There won't be a lot of competition from the start and the game still comes with an expiration date.

I might still buy it just to support fighting games on PC, but we'll see.

Going to watch this with mild curiosity. ASW's release timings and delivery (standalone versus DLC style) don't quite fill me with excitement.
That would be best. Sign would be fine if Revelator is a timely DLC update for PC users, though.

The ideal situation would be for ArcSys to just make Revelator a DLC upgrade, but we all know they're not nice enough to do that. There's a reason why the fighting games that make it to PC late barely have anyone playing them. Anyone who's serious about the game has the latest version months before the previous one hits Steam. SF5 having release date parity on PS4 and PC is nice, but ArcSys will probably never follow suit. I loved Blazblue until Continuum Shift Extend, which was the biggest ripoff I've ever seen in the genre. I know this is all done to subsidize the lower than usual sales, but it really damages the community.

The ideal situation would be for ArcSys to just make Revelator a DLC upgrade, but we all know they're not nice enough to do that. There's a reason why the fighting games that make it to PC late barely have anyone playing them. Anyone who's serious about the game has the latest version months before the previous one hits Steam. SF5 having release date parity on PS4 and PC is nice, but ArcSys will probably never follow suit. I loved Blazblue until Continuum Shift Extend, which was the biggest ripoff I've ever seen in the genre. I know this is all done to subsidize the lower than usual sales, but it really damages the community.

My pie-in-the-sky hope is since Street Fighter has been such a huge influence on fighting games in general, that it's decision to release just one version of Street Fighter V and update it to keep the community intact would help influence series like Guilty Gear to have the same.

My pie-in-the-sky hope is since Street Fighter has been such a huge influence on fighting games in general, that it's decision to release just one version of Street Fighter V and update it to keep the community intact would help influence series like Guilty Gear to have the same.

Street Fighter has brand strength behind it, and also funding from Sony for the next installment. The ArcSys games have a large following, but the constant full priced upgrades is what fragments the community and makes people take long or permanent breaks from playing them. To be fair, the non-Extend versions of Blazblue offer enough content to warrant an upgrade, but the Extend versions are just cashgrabs which do nothing but keep the game alive between installments. I guess the excuse with Xrd is that the story mode is like a visual novel, but there's nothing stopping them from making Revelator DLC for PC at least. With how late they port these to PC, you'd think they'd notice a problem. How many concurrent players are on Blazblue on Steam? Probably not many at this point. It feels like they are targeting regions who don't have access to consoles, which while it is a huge untapped market, there's no reason why those regions should be stuck with tablescraps any more than the rest of the world.

Tizoc

I look forward to mod customization for Jam Cloudberry once REVELATOR is up on Steam ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° )

Momentary

Banned
I'll be supporting this on PC. I definitely wasn't going to buy a consoles for this and Disgaea. And now, after this past week, I'm glad I didn't cave.

Can't wait to see how the fighting game scene is in another 3-5 Years on the PC. Things have changes drastically for the FGC on PC since 2008. It's going to continue to do so and I'm going to continue to support it.

It's crazy how many JP titles have made their way over in the last couple of months. It's almost getting to the point where it's overwhelming. So awesome.

Street Fighter has brand strength behind it, and also funding from Sony for the next installment. The ArcSys games have a large following, but the constant full priced upgrades is what fragments the community and makes people take long or permanent breaks from playing them. To be fair, the non-Extend versions of Blazblue offer enough content to warrant an upgrade, but the Extend versions are just cashgrabs which do nothing but keep the game alive between installments. I guess the excuse with Xrd is that the story mode is like a visual novel, but there's nothing stopping them from making Revelator DLC for PC at least. With how late they port these to PC, you'd think they'd notice a problem. How many concurrent players are on Blazblue on Steam? Probably not many at this point. It feels like they are targeting regions who don't have access to consoles, which while it is a huge untapped market, there's no reason why those regions should be stuck with tablescraps any more than the rest of the world.

ASW has been releasing their games pretty quick on the platform. For some reason they are going down the line and playing catchup. If you haven't noticed, in less than 2 years they have dumped quite a few games onto the platform. I don't know what their game plan is, but they've almost caught the PC community up to where consoles are compare to where we were when they first released Guilty Gear Isuka on Steam on January 16, 2014.

I figured people would be praising them rather than chastising them. They were able to push 8 games on the platform in less than 2 years. They've done a fantastic job with the only hiccup being DotEmu handling some Battle Fantasia.

Clawww

I'd pay, like, $30 to play Xrd on PC for a few months if they release it very soon--assuming Revelator will actually hit PC at the same time as PS4(lollllllll)

convo

I don't think Arcsys is ever gonna skip out on bringing games over that have unique story modes. Relevator will have a completly new one so it wouldn't make sense to just skip SIGN, so bad luck for those that just want the lattest gameplay changes and character additions.

Top Bottom