• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guitar Hero for PS4 and Xbox One announced early April?

http://www.polygon.com/2015/4/1/8327421/new-guitar-hero-announcement-activision

There's no official word from Activision yet that this is a Guitar Hero-related event, but the SoundDial festival and interactive music videos for that event have appeared on various casting websites. One dancer lists a "SoundDial interactive music video shoot" on her résumé, saying the job was related to "Guitar Hero for PS4." Another actor lists an "interactive music video game" gig for a company called SoundDial. A handful of actors on Casting Call Pro list work for a Guitar Hero project filmed in 2014 for London-based Pulse Films.

http://www.polygon.com/2015/4/1/8327421/new-guitar-hero-announcement-activision

There's no official word from Activision yet that this is a Guitar Hero-related event, but the SoundDial festival and interactive music videos for that event have appeared on various casting websites. One dancer lists a "SoundDial interactive music video shoot" on her résumé, saying the job was related to "Guitar Hero for PS4." Another actor lists an "interactive music video game" gig for a company called SoundDial. A handful of actors on Casting Call Pro list work for a Guitar Hero project filmed in 2014 for London-based Pulse Films.

YES YES YES! The mere thought of buying a new Guitar Hero this holiday season has me so pumped up. Hope it's just guitars. That was always the most fun for me.

How come this and Rock Band are revived in the same year?

monkey see monkey do

i hope they bring back the indie bands that made GH 1/2 so good.

They need a Master difficulty too that has no input forgiveness. Just like GH1, if you missed the note by even a millisecond, you missed the note. Simple as that.

You could sometimes just wail away in GH3 and beyond and not even be in sync with the song and still get good scores

How come this and Rock Band are revived in the same year?

While it's easy to see GH and RB as rivals and competitors to each other, I think that both franchises have a strange sort of mutually beneficial relationship. I'm sure that RB instruments will work with the new Guitar Hero and vice versa, and I think that someone who owns RB instruments is still likely to pick up the new GH just because it'll be more songs and game to play with their plastic instruments.

I'm just happy that we're getting a new Rock Band, Guitar Hero, and even an Amplitude reboot in the same year. Really really really hope to see rhythm games become a little more prominent again.

mzupeman

Banned
I really do need some Guitar Hero in my life again. I haven't had the old ones in quite some time, and it was a big mistake getting rid of them. It's really hard to come across a Guitar Hero guitar unless you try to ebay it or go through Craigslist, and those aren't the options I want to take. But a next-gen iteration will scratch that itch, for sure.

I just hope the playlist ends up being a bunch of slammers instead of 3/4 being unknown garage band gunk again. They reaaaaaaaaally got lazy trying to get quality playlists in the Guitar Hero franchise.

parasight

monkey see monkey do

i hope they bring back the indie bands that made GH 1/2 so good.

They need a Master difficulty too that has no input forgiveness. Just like GH1, if you missed the note by even a millisecond, you missed the note. Simple as that.

You could sometimes just wail away in GH3 and beyond and not even be in sync with the song and still get good scores

Those indie bands were mostly Harmonix staff member's bands. So I wouldn't expect them to be in Guitar Hero. They had a few songs in the Rock Band franchise too. And even more from Rock Band Network.

Wynnebeck

Banned
While it's easy to see GH and RB as rivals and competitors to each other, I think that both franchises have a strange sort of mutually beneficial relationship. I'm sure that RB instruments will work with the new Guitar Hero and vice versa, and I think that someone who owns RB instruments is still likely to pick up the new GH just because it'll be more songs and game to play with their plastic instruments.

I'm just happy that we're getting a new Rock Band, Guitar Hero, and even an Amplitude reboot in the same year. Really really really hope to see rhythm games become a little more prominent again.

Amen to that.

Gorger

Guitar Hero has by far the best guitars, so it's great that they're making a next gen game as well since my old one from Warriors of Rock is on the edge of breakdown and it's near impossible to find a new one. But I really do hope they'll learn from their mistakes from past gen, and not release too many games in the future. I really don't want this genre to be overwhelmed like it did last time. My advice, follow the philosophy of Harmonix where you create one strong game that you will follow up with updates, improvements, dlc and new features.

I am anxious to see what they'll come up with for the next generation of rhythm games.

Those indie bands were mostly Harmonix staff member's bands. So I wouldn't expect them to be in Guitar Hero. They had a few songs in the Rock Band franchise too. And even more from Rock Band Network.

Some were yeah, dunno about " most ". Hell all of GH1 was cover songs. Which made it even more awesome as the editing mix was in-house and spot on. The editing kind of went downward when the liscensed tracks kicked in late in GH2 and into GH3. I enjoyed the covers myself.

" Jordan " from Buckethead was the Dragonforce of GH2. Dethlok in DH2. All That Remains, Graveyard BBQ.

Some of my favorites were the indie section songs. Jordan, Through the Fire and Flames, Less talk more Rokk, Six, Thunderhorse from Dethlok, etc. etc.

Pawn shops are your friend

Pawn shops and Goodwill, especially Goodwills in particularly affluent areas. One of the Goodwills I check from time to time often has RB instruments in their toy aisle priced at $3.00-$5.00. I got a Pro guitar for RB3 once for $5.00 there.

Qasiel

Some were yeah, dunno about " most ". Hell all of GH1 was cover songs. Which made it even more awesome as the editing mix was in-house and spot on. The editing kind of went downward when the liscensed tracks kicked in late in GH2 and into GH3. I enjoyed the covers myself.

" Jordan " from Buckethead was the Dragonforce of GH2. Dethlok in DH2. All That Remains, Graveyard BBQ.

Some of my favorites were the indie section songs. Jordan, Through the Fire and Flames, Less talk more Rokk, Six, Thunderhorse from Dethlok, etc. etc.

GH2 was incredible. Thunderhorse, Push Push Lady Lightning & Crazy On You we freakin' awesome to play!

Archpath1

When do we get beat box hero? I swear lots of people on COD think they good at beat boxing

I'm excited I enjoyed playing at my bros house

Top Bottom