• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"Guitar Hero Live" Announced

Microtransactions because developers want me to experience other songs? No. I'm hyped for both but this credit system needs to go.

the microtransactions only cater towards people that don't actually want to play songs, basically if you want to actually play Guitar Hero earning credits won't be an issue

https://blog.activision.com/communi...s-evolved-apple-tv-ipad-pro-iphone-ipod-touch

Guitar Hero Live is also coming to a wide array of devices, including consoles, mobile devices and Apple TV. Guitar Hero Live’s GH Live mode brings you closer to the live stage experience with live-action, first-person gameplay with crowds and bands that react dynamically to how you play. There’s also GHTV, the world’s first playable music video network, which lets you play along with a continually updated collection of official music videos spanning a variety of genres. Guitar Hero Live for Apple TV, iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch devices will come with the redesigned six-button guitar controller, which connects through Bluetooth so it be used across all supported Apple devices.
“We jumped at the opportunity to bring back Guitar Hero in a cool new way with Guitar Hero Live and have been energized by the response from fans who have had a chance to play it so far,” said Jamie Jackson, co-studio head and creative director at FreeStyleGames. “We can’t wait for the game to launch next month and think people are going to get a kick out of living their rock star fantasy on consoles, mobile devices and Apple TV this fall. It’s going to be rad!”

T.O.P

Banned
Ok just pre-ordered this, tracklist seemed much more interesting to me compared to RB

Only thing i'm not sure is the new guitar...anyone here had a chance to try it? how's the first impression?

Ok just pre-ordered this, tracklist seemed much more interesting to me compared to RB

Only thing i'm not sure is the new guitar...anyone here had a chance to try it? how's the first impression?

New guitar is the best part. Playing feels more like playing chords. It's a shame for backward compatibility, but the new guitar is more than just a refresh or change for change's sake.

T.O.P

Banned
New guitar is the best part. Playing feels more like playing chords. It's a shame for backward compatibility, but the new guitar is more than just a refresh or change for change's sake.

Good stuff :D

Another thing, why can't i see the microphone for sale anywhere? i remember seeing videos with people singing lol

Just pre ordered Rock Band 4 but checked out the GH Live soundtrack.
Um holy shit this is so fucking good.

Gonna have to wait till next month after october to get this because these songs are legit awesome.

Looks like a lot of gamestops received a demo unit for the game this week. Called my local one and they have it set up. Going to check out out now. I'll respond later with my thoughts.

Best Buy is offering a free USB microphone with preorders. In store pick up only.

nj46cgF.png

Best Buy Guitar Hero Live page

Troy

Banned
Guitar Hero Live confirmed to be the only thing to ever contain both One Direction and Lamb of God.

Well, your post contains both. So there's that.

Despite the presence of One Direction, though, this still looks like a far better and interesting game than Rock Band to me.

Well, your post contains both. So there's that.

Despite the presence of One Direction, though, this still looks like a far better and interesting game than Rock Band to me.

Yeah, I don't really understand Rock Band 4. It's just Rock Band 3 on new consoles?

This seems different, and wanting a Guitar Hero game over a Rock Band one was not a situation I expected to find myself in when both games were at the rumour stage.

killroy87

Yeah, I find myself a bit cynical towards Rock Band 4. It seems like the whole crux of their argument for its existence is "it's been a long time and people are ready for more." Which, fine, but the lack of major innovation or big ideas seems a bit misguided.

Guitar Hero might not set the world on fire either, but it at least excites me with some new ideas.

Oh, no, no thank you. I'm sure your product is great and all, but I'm not going to buy a full priced title just to have half of the game balanced against an RMT in game currency.

All of the excitement and interest I had because of their new neck configuration is gone. =/ This is the wrong kind of different.

It was always that, though. Didn't the very first announcement say something like how it's like watching MTV and you just play along to whatever song happens to be on?

The only thing that's changed is that now there's an option to bypass that. The charge seems legit enough to me, since you're kind of buying DLC since you're playing a song that isn't in the game - obviously it depends how much it costs per-play but I don't disagree with the general concept.

Oh, no, no thank you. I'm sure your product is great and all, but I'm not going to buy a full priced title just to have half of the game balanced against an RMT in game currency.

All of the excitement and interest I had because of their new neck configuration is gone. =/ This is the wrong kind of different.

Considering all the new songs are gonna essentially be free, it's not really a bad trade-off. If you get enough credits to play a song on demand every two songs or so, that's not much of a problem.

Also how does everyone feel about "Guitar Hero Live |OT| Not a Band Game" for the OT. I'm hoping the double meaning is fairly easy to spot.

fernoca

Getting this on Wii U, whenever Amazon sends my copy. $80 and free shipping a few days later; was better than $100 + taxes day one. :p

EDIT:
And yep, microtransactions is optional to buy specific songs, but you can also buy them with credit you earn while you play. Really looked that. If I really like the game, I wouldn't mind paying for a subscription of sort to have access to all new songs at any time.

Getting this on Wii U, whenever Amazon sends my copy. $80 and free shipping a few days later; was better than $100 + taxes day one. :p

EDIT:
And yep, microtransactions is optional to buy specific songs, but you can also buy them with credit you earn while you play. Really looked that. If I really like the game, I wouldn't mind paying for a subscription of sort to have access to all new songs at any time.

You can. There is a "party pass" which gives you full on demand access for a set duration. It's unclear whether this is an in-game credits purchase or real money, but I would imagine it would be the former.

Has there been any word on the pricing of this stuff yet? I'm trying to reserve judgment on the whole GHTV until I see what it costs, but the longer they leave it the less I feel like people will like it.

Has there been any word on the pricing of this stuff yet? I'm trying to reserve judgment on the whole GHTV until I see what it costs, but the longer they leave it the less I feel like people will like it.

Nope, just that I can tell you that getting tokens isn't hard at all. It will only be a problem for people that don't actually play Guitar Hero and just want a specific song

Nope, just that I can tell you that getting tokens isn't hard at all. It will only be a problem for people that don't actually play Guitar Hero and just want a specific song

How many songs do you think you would need to play on the channels before you have enough to access a song on demand?

Top Bottom