• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guitar Hero World Tour Full band pack is $89.98 @ Amazon today (All platforms)

Tenks

Arsenic said:
Im always missing out on these deals...PS3 version apparently is sold out. I just want the drums

Hopefully on Amazon they did you a solid and tried to sell you a soldering gun as well with the drums

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
funny, i was just thinking i need a new guitar for this weekend since my rb2 one broke in transit. but yeah this is just too much plastic

So I'm not that interested in the World Tour set list, but considering these instruments seem like they'll be supported for the rest of this generation's GH/RB games it's tempting for that reason. However, a couple comments at CAG make me wonder just how much that inter-series compatibility would be worth.
Person 1 said:
Any guesses how well these instruments would work with The Beatles: Rock Band?
Person 2 said:
The drums are set up differently, they will "work", but don't expect to have any fun with them.
Anyone with experience on this?

Struct09

JoshuaJSlone said:

The Rock Band games work with the GH drums, but due to the pad layout it can feel weird/awkward at times. I imagine it varies from person to person how much they like using the GH drums with Rock Band, or vice versa. Each game works best with its respective drumkit.

JoshuaJSlone said:
So I'm not that interested in the World Tour set list, but considering these instruments seem like they'll be supported for the rest of this generation's GH/RB games it's tempting for that reason. However, a couple comments at CAG make me wonder just how much that inter-series compatibility would be worth.

Basically the RB drums have four pads and don't consistently map any single one of them to cymbals. so if you use the GHWT drums on RB you will find yourself sometimes having to use a cymbal to play a tom or snare. Ick.

I don't know the latest for for a good while the RB2 drums were also getting better reviews for quality than the GH drums.

Amneisac

I would have considered doing this for the instruments, but the GH:WT guitar is absolutely terrible. That strum bar is a piece of garbage. GH3 guitars are infinitely superior.

Amneisac said:
I would have considered doing this for the instruments, but the GH:WT guitar is absolutely terrible. That strum bar is a piece of garbage. GH3 guitars are infinitely superior.
Either you got a bad guitar or you have bad taste.

outsidah

As someone who hasnt played this or RB, what is the better purchase price aside?

I played GH3, but none of the new "band" games.

Lkr

If the PS2 version wasn't the same as the others, I would have bought it for my dad.

outsidah: if you have Xbox Live or a PSN connection, Rock Band is loads better because of the DLC.

Everdred

outsidah said:
As someone who hasnt played this or RB, what is the better purchase price aside?

Same situation I'm in, very tempted. I have read/heard that Rockband 2 is the best choice but I missed the Gamestop sale so this might do.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
outsidah said:

Rock Band. Better overall game and far more DLC.

Rock Band 2 is a worse game than RB1, for it has no star tracking. Given that star tracking is the meter by which games are rated, RB1 is superior.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
Total cost of 12 Iron Maiden songs in RB = $20

Total cost of 2 Iron Maiden songs in GH = $120

RB wins again.

TheGreatDave said:
omg, did you hear how I don't care about Iron Maiden?

Hendrix, baby.
Hendrix DLC will eventually come to RB. Then all you will have is Nickleback. :(

:lol @ people arguing the Metal library between Guitar Hero and Rock Band. Both are terribly weak in that department.

outsidah said:

I prefer Rock Band 2 but that's just me.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
corkscrewblow said:
Must give credit where credit is due, Hendrix is more fun to play than Maiden on guitar.
wat

RobertM said:
I haven't seen a single free RB song, what's up with that?
There are 4 free DLC songs. (Still Alive, Charlene, Headphones On and some other garbage throwaway song)

Top Bottom