• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gundam Breaker 3 |OT| - This is my Gunpla There are many like it but this one is mine

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
c9LBKLU.png

hydmzz5.png

Title: Gundam Breaker 3
Platform: PlayStation 4 / PlayStation Vita
Release Date: 03-03-2016 (JPN) / 04-28-2016 (SE Asia)
Genre: Action
Publisher: Bandai Namco
Player(s): 1 (Up to 4 players in online co-op in future content update)
CERO: A (All Ages)
Price:
PlayStation 4 - Physical / Download 7,600 JPY (Tax Not Included)
PlayStation V - Physical / Download 6,800 JPY (Tax Not Included)
Functionality:
PlayStation 4
  • Cross-Play: Not Supported (Co-op play supported on same platforms only)
  • Cross-Save: Supported
  • Cross-Goods: Supported (All purchased DLC is useable between platforms)
  • Remote Play: Not Supported
  • Share Function: Only Screenshot Supported
  • Share Play: Only certain screens are supported (no idea what this actually means)

PlayStation Vita
  • Cross-Play: Not Supported (Co-op play supported on same platforms only)
  • Cross-Save: Supported
  • Cross-Goods: Supported (All purchased DLC is useable between platforms)
  • Ad hoc Wireless: Supported
  • Screenshot Function: Supported
  • PS Vita TV: Supported (Wireless Controller, special control functions not supported)

khX82xF.png

Gundam Breaker 3 is a third person mech combat action game, where the player fights other enemy mobile suits in mission based stages. Upon defeating enemy mobile suits there is the chance that parts or resources will be dropped which allows the player to customize their mobile suit body parts or create new weapons / equipment. The farther the player advances in the story the better parts can be obtained from drops during the mission or from the mission rewards.

Vq6sEhd.png

Gundam Breaker 3 follows a story about youth who throw themselves into fictional Gunpla battles in efforts to revive a declining shopping district. You’ll help Misa, the daughter of a Gunpla shop owner, as your Gunpla team competes in district tournaments, national tournaments, and battles against a variety of formidable opponents.
*Credits to Gematsu

owkktfO.png

• SD Gundam Player Support AI
  • You can attach expansion weapons, such as missile pods and beam launchers, to the top of parts. From this, you can make a Full Armor Mobile Suit of your own. In addition to expansion weapons, there are also customizations like attaching Turn A Gundam’s mustache to his chest.
  • Ability to create abominations like this
  • ”Bounty Hunter Mode” is a mode where you can battle against Gunpla uploaded by other players and earn in-game currency for winning.
  • Over 150 Mobile Suits in game. Basically they have continued to add to the MS list with each game.
  • In Gundam Breaker 3, you can strengthen parts through four different methods: single merge, batch merge, plastic merge, and derivation merge.
*Credits to Gematsu

8EjNgmB.png

PS4 Gameplay Footage
Vita Gameplay Footage
11 minute Promotional Trailer
5 Minutes of Co-op Play (Vita Ver)
The Birth of Horse Gundam
Horse Gundam In Action
Another Abomination Gundam Creation In Action

Recorded Vids
Gundam Breaker 3 - PS4 - First "Tournament" video
Gundam Breaker 3 - PS4 – Early Gameplay
First Attempt at Bounty Hunter Mode with a near stock MS
More Bounty Hunter Mode with my leveled / customized MS - Air Combo Mania
Bounty Hunter Mode - diff in size with HG vs MG

XC37ZdZ.png

Info on 5 new DLC courtesy of Gematsu

F3ejYxO.png

#1:
Q: Is this getting localized?
A:
D4wNpaE.gif

Jokes aside there actually will be an Asian Version of the game released with "English" localization which will be released April 28th. I would keep expectations low for now, but it is better than nothing for fans that needed an English localized version of the game.

#2:
Q: Is this game any good?
A:
uF89bAQ.gif

Considering the team did a pretty large leap in the positive direction from 1-2 and what we have been shown with 3 Id imagine that this game will surpass 2. As it already does, with the customization features and story wise the setting is finally what it should have originally been after the mess that was in 2. Also from what I have played so far the game most def does feel pretty damned good. Although those who are hoping for some sort of complex story or like animated story sequences might be let down. Though if that’s what you are looking for / expecting, then you are buying the wrong game.

#3:
Q: Should I import / buy the Asian version of this game?
A: If you like Gundam and Gunpla, sure! Combat is pretty simple and controls are not overly complex. The customization system has greatly improved vs. Gundam Breaker 2. Various things like parts placement and even further weapon hard-point placement.

#4:
Q: Do I need to play the previous two games before this one?
A: Nope, no connection between the two stories or returning characters it seems. So import away, sides the real reason why we are playing the games in this series is to make insanely stupid or cool Mobile Suits from the parts of our fallen foes lol. Honestly there is no real reason to play the previous titles as with each title the customization features and useable MS list grows.

#5:
Q: Is it possible to play this game without knowing Japanese?
A: For the most part yes folks without Japanese knowledge should not have too much trouble. Since it's not like there really is that much stuff in the game which would require one to read. Smash shit up, collect parts, improve your Mobile Suit. Fairly straight forward. Though just wait for the SE Asia release if you want English localized text.

#6:
Q: If I am not familiar with the Gundam Universe would I still enjoy this game?
A: That is a hard question, since the reason why people would buy this game is because they know a particular series or Mobile Suit that appears in the title and making them want to obtain and use it. Unfortunately there is no demo to check out to see if you like the gameplay style.

#7:
Q: What would you compare this game to?
A: Phantasy Star type of action gameplay with Mobile Suits. Since its basically doing a lot of runs on maps to gather new gear for your character and can be played with friends. The only levels gained in this game is your "builder level" which the higher it is, allows for you to use better parts.

B]#8:[/B]
Q: Any Review Scores?
A: Gundam Breaker 3 (PS4 / PSV) – 9/8/8/9 [34/40]
*Credits to Gematsu

ZwFPomh.png

AmiAmi
Nippon-Yasan
CD Japan
HMV Japan
*Disclaimer: Neither GAF nor myself has any sort of affiliation with the following sites above. These are just the most common ones members frequently speak of when it comes to online import shops and these links are for the convenience of the members who are still interested in importing the Japanese or Asian version (if it exists) of the game. Mods if you feel this is inappropriate let me know and will remove this section.

tXUcK5P.png

Thanks goes out to Bandai Namco for the resources used to make up the graphics in this OT.
Thanks goes out to Gematsu as always for their highly useful translated information resources.
Thanks to the dafont website for having an awesome selection of fonts to download and use, plus to Pixel Sagas for the Plavsky font.
Thanks to the dafont website for having an awesome selection of fonts to download and use, plus to Pixel Sagas for the Iori font.
Thanks to distantmantra for the updated Mobile Suit list.
Thanks to donkey show for the gifs. Also for those who want an insanely well crafted head 2 head Gundam game head over to his OT on Gundam Vs.

Parakeetman

Will update with the newer suits tomorrow night / if anyone else has the info will add it in. Same goes for the screenshot section in the OT itself.

H2kmxWv.png

New
ASW-G-08 Gundam Barbatos
RX-160S Byarlant Custom
NZ-666 Kshatriya
YG-111 Gundam G-Self
MSM-04G Juaggu
AMX-109 Kapool
FA-78 Full Armor Gundam
MS-06R Zaku High Mobility Type (Reuse "P" Device)
YMS-15 Gyan
EMS-10 Zudah
RMS-099 Rick Dias (red)
AMX-014 Döven Wolf
PMX-001 Palace Athene
FA-010A FAZZ
RX-121-2A Gundam TR-1 (Advanced Hazel)
ORX-005 Gaplant TR-5 (Hrairoo)
MMS-01 Serpent
AGE-3F Gundam AGE-3 Fortress
Musha Gundam
Musha Gundam Mk-II
Fuunsaiki (legs only)
Credits go to The Gundam Wiki

Previous
PALE RIDER
GMIII
JEGAN
LEGEND GUNDAM
FORCE IMPULSE GUNDAM
S-GUNDAM
GUNDAM Ez8
ZAKUII FZ
JAGD DOGA
GUNDAM VERSAGO CHEST BREAK
GN ARCHER
JESTA
ROZEN ZULU
PERFECT GUNDAM
DRAGON GUNDAM
GUNDAM SANDROCK (ENDLESS WALTS ver)
SHENLONG GUNDAMN (ENDLESS WALTS ver)
TALL GEESE (ENDLESS WALTS ver)
BLITZ GUNDAM
DUEL GUNDAM
GUNDAM NT-1
GELGOOG J
ACGUY
HYGOOG
V2 GUNDAM
PERFECT STRIKE GUNDAM
JUSTICE GUNDAM
OOWASHI AKATSUKI GUNDAM
GUNDAM ASTRAY BLUE FRAME 2ND REVISE
GUNDAM DYNAMES
GUNDAM KYRIOS
GUNDAM VIRTUE
GUNDAM AGE-2 DARK HOUND
GAFRAN
BEARGGUY
BUILD BURNING GUNDAM
LIGHTNING GUNDAM
POWERED GM CARDIGAN
QUBELEY
GUNDAM DEATHSCYTHE (ENDLESS WALTS ver)
GUNDAM GROUND TYPE
GUNDAM GP01Fb
GUNDAM GP02A
GUNTANK
GUNCANNON
GM COMMAND SPACE
GOUF CUSTOM
Z'GOK
ZEONG
KAMPFER
GERBERA-TETRA
BLUE DESTINY UNIT 1
THE-O
DEN'AN ZON
VICTORY GUNDAM
SHINING GUNDAM
NOBELL GUNDAM
WING GUNDAM PROTO ZERO (ENDLESS WALTS ver)
GUNDAM EPYON (ENDLESS WALTS ver)
GUNDAM EXIA
OO Qan[T]
GN-X
GUNDAM AGE-1 TITUS
ZETAPLUS 01
BEARGGUY III
V2 ASSAULT GUNDAM
V2 BUSTER GUNDAM
RX-78-2 GUNDAM Ver.GFT
GM
GM CUSTOM
ZAKU II
DOM / RICK-DOM
DOMTROPEN
GUNDAM Mk-II FLYING ARMOR
HYAKU-SHIKI
ZETA GUNDAM
ZZ GUNDAM
ν GUNDAM
Hi-ν GUNDAM
GEARA DOGA
SAZABI
CROSSBONE GUNDAM X1
GOD GUNDAM
MASTER GUNDAM
WING GUNDAM ZERO (ENDLESS WALTS Ver.)
GUNDAM HEAVYARMS (ENDLESS WALTZ Ver.)
GUNDAM X
∀GUNDAM
FREEDOM GUNDAM
STRIKE FREEDOM GUNDAM
DESTINY GUNDAM
ASTRAY RED FRAME
00 GUNDAM
SUSANOWO
UNICORN GUNDAM
SINANJU
DREISSEN (UNICORN Ver.)
BUILD STRIKE GUNDAM FULL PACKAGE
Mobile Turn X (campaign code)
*Others to be release as DLC?

SD Gundam
*Not useable by the player
Knight Gundam
Musha Gundam
Command Gundam
Musha Godmaru
Zakuto Yami Shogun
Knight Unicorn Gundam
Full Armor Knight Gundam
Musha Victory
Devil Dragon Blade Zero Gundam
Strike Liu Bei Gundam
Nidaime Gundam Daishogun
Versal Knight Gundam
Credits go to The Gundam Wiki

The customization looks crazy in this version, enough to actually make me consider buying.

Too lazy to make an asian PSN account though.

Luigi87

The "Is this game any good" response always kills me.

Really looking forward to this. Going to wait for the Asian English version (which works out as I've got Fire Emblem and Zelda [this Friday] occupying my game time), but I've got it pre-ordered! The fact that it was cheaper than the JP version was even more beneficial to me.

Admittedly kind of bummed that due to the focus on the BB Senshi kits for the SD Gundam supports, no Star Winning =(

25361331696_1b1bc0c308_o.gif

Good jerb on the OT! Waiting on the baka gaijin edition even though I played through GB2 without too much fuss.

I think I have a decent amount of space bucks on my JP account so I might indulge soonish...

Excellent! Played a ton of Breaker 2 and I've been so hype for this. Gonna wait on the Asian version this time. I've got The Division to keep me occupied until then.

Parakeetman

25361331696_1b1bc0c308_o.gif

Good jerb on the OT! Waiting on the baka gaijin edition even though I played through GB2 without too much fuss.

I think I have a decent amount of space bucks on my JP account so I might indulge soonish...

Thanks! Shit I forgot to add that GIF in at the end right under your banner lol.

ReaperXL7

Definitely want to pick this up as it looks awesome, if I want the English version would play Asia be my best bet or would it be better to go with one of the shops in the OP? I have never imported anything before but I'm really interested in this and considering getting my first Gundam model to go with it (I just don't know if I should try a high grade first or just go straight master)

Is there a gunpla thread on Gaf?

I just realised I can just buy it off asian PSN, which asian region account do I make this in?

I have never imported anything before but I'm really interested in this and considering getting my first Gundam model to go with it (I just don't know if I should try a high grade first or just go straight master)

Pick up 2-3 HG kits as they're dirt cheap. They're easy to build and fun, you need to have a few HGs as well to practice techniques to improve your modeling in the mean time, MG kits are better detailed and more expensive but you're better off applying your knowledge from building HGs to make MGs look amazing later on when you have the skills.

Luigi87

KAMPFER

WILL IMPORT

where else can i get the asian language version other than play asia

Definitely want to pick this up as it looks awesome, if I want the English version would play Asia be my best bet or would it be better to go with one of the shops in the OP? I have never imported anything before but I'm really interested in this and considering getting my first Gundam model to go with it (I just don't know if I should try a high grade first or just go straight master)

Currently Play-Asia is the only site carrying the Asian English edition.

Also there is a Gundam Thread in general.

Syril

I'm so looking forward to the new customization. I felt really restricted in the last game because a lot of the parts I wanted to use didn't have many good options.
Admittedly kind of bummed that due to the focus on the BB Senshi kits for the SD Gundam supports, no Star Winning =(
nooooooooooo

Parakeetman

I just realised I can just buy it off asian PSN, which asian region account do I make this in?

If its the English localized Asian version that you want, it wont be out till April 28th.

Which reminds me Ill have to split the roster into JP / SE Asia. As am guessing cross region versions wont be able to play together. Or we wont know till someone tests it.

Luigi87

Huh, apparently I deleted a bit from an earlier post of mine, lol

Looking forward to Barbatos and G-Self parts.

Of course everyone knows it's all about making Exia custom gunpla

What's the best deal for the Asian version right now?

Edit: Just saw the posts I missed, looks like it's Play-Asia for now.

Parakeetman

I know, I'm just wondering if I should make an asian account in hongkong or singapore or any other asian regions.

Hopefully one of the other members who has an account will speak up. Unfortunately I cant help you with that as do not have one myself.

Xater

Does anyone know if it would be cheaper to get the physical Asian version or to get space bux to buy it digitally?

Parakeetman

actually fuck it not going to bother with a screenshot section.

people just go watch the videos in the media section lol.

muteki

I played GB1 on vita but never really got that into it. Skipped GB2. Now considering GB3 on PS4 as it doesn't look like there will be a Gundam game on PS4 for a long time.

For this game, I expect most of the missions to be "random" in the sense that there is little/no consistency for where the battle is taking place and what suits you are up against. But are there many (any?) missions where it is themed around a particular episode or battle in the show? Any boss characters or MA?

Parakeetman

I played GB1 on vita but never really got that into it. Skipped GB2. Now considering GB3 on PS4 as it doesn't look like there will be a Gundam game on PS4 for a long time.

For this game, I expect most of the missions to be "random" in the sense that there is little/no consistency for where the battle is taking place and what suits you are up against. But are there many (any?) missions where it is themed around a particular episode or battle in the show? Any boss characters or MA?

Random generally.

So far no real theme to anything.

There should be MA and Perfect Gundam sized MS in the game. If you noticed the screenshot in the OT

Luigi87

Okay checking PSN with my HK account I can at least confirm that there is no pre-order option for Breaker 3. The JP version of Breaker 3 isn't even on the store (For reference, both the JP and Chinese language versions of Breaker 2 are on it). The price for Breaker 2 is HK$429 for Vita and HK$479 for PS3 (that's full price), so I imagine Breaker 3 will be around that.

muteki

Random generally.

So far no real theme to anything.

There should be MA and Perfect Gundam sized MS in the game. If you noticed the screenshot in the OT

Thanks. I'm in no rush to get it I think, and i'm interested to see a more complete mission/unit list with enemies as time goes on. Too much going on now anyway.

eschiver

Does combat feel nuanced enough to make part customization satisfying? (Feeling that your customized parts are actually making a difference in combat style/etc).

B00TE

I'll be picking up the Asian version with the english subs when that's out. Didn't play GB2 but I loved the first game. The jump from 1 to 3 looks huge in terms of how much smoother the gameplay looks.
Bounty Hunter mode sounds awesome. Going against random creations could keep me playing for awhile.

Kysen

They seem to have changed a few things, you now have access to one more special attack. Combat seems to be a little smoother in terms of actions you can perform mid combo.

PS4 version seems to have random performance hitches where the action freezes for a few frames. There are also particles everywhere on attacks. Some UI elements are too small, the enemy shield/HP bars are barely visible compared to the last game.

Does combat feel nuanced enough to make part customization satisfying? (Feeling that your customized parts are actually making a difference in combat style/etc).
Definitely, that's actually one of my favorite things from GB2 (never played first game). Pretty much every part works like it should/you want it to and you can make some crazy powerful suits as a result.

LMN

Great OT as always, decided to get the Asian English ver, can't wait till end of April.

I know, I'm just wondering if I should make an asian account in hongkong or singapore or any other asian regions.
If Digimon Story: Cybersleuth Asia English version pre-order bonus code (which I bought from PA) is any indication, you should make an asian account region based on either Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, or Indonesia.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Cross posting from the Gundam thread:
I've played Gundam Breaker 3 for 1,5 hour and since there's no OT yet, I guess I'll post my impressions here. So far I've cleared 3 missions and they seem to be way more hack and slashy than in previous games. I guess objectives will come into play later. The story about local kids playing with gunplas fits the series much more than serious tones of 2 (if I remember that part correctly).
One thing that really bugs me, aside from not being able to stream using the Share function, is the low quality of story parts. It feels like a very, very cheap visual novel with most characters having a few pictures at best. At least the mission themselves look better on the PS4.

Can't really say much about the changes, since I jumped right into the action, but after finishing the first 3 missions I finally got the ability to upgrade parts. Also, if I'm not mistaken, there are no more grades after clearing missions, which is nice.

Some screenshots (and a photo). Sorry for the quality, they went through twitter first:

Parakeetman

game is quite good, the extra parts that you can add to your arms legs back are quite useful for upping your firepower too.

for the story so far everything has been still shots so dont expect anything fancy. at least the voice work is good.

combat is quite enjoyable also and a lot easier to obtain parts and weapons unlike GB2 though this time around can see a lot of grinding for parts plastic and other stuff to keep leveling up your parts in order to keep up your gunpla to stand against the enemies as they get stronger as you progress.

this game the combat basically is all down to ripping off the defenses of your target and air juggling them. more parts come off more chance to obtain drops mid combat. if you get the target ms down to pretty much just a torso you can finish it off instantly by standing next to it and pressing triangle.

have gone through the whole first chapter and look forward to going back and collecting more parts and resources to upgrad my unit.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Feel free to add me on PSN if you want to play online sometime (PS4 version): Niiro-Matsuki.

TreIII

I was about to pull the trigger on importing on the JP version, but then the Asian version was announced that very evening.
KuGsj.gif

Can't wait for this.

Shun

But can I impress Misa and take her out on a date as the Gunpla World Championship Open Division 1st Place Winner?

Can I make my own 1/144 HG Super Misa Misa Gunpla?

Also this gets to come true, time to make the ULTIMATE GUNDAM

3ebbd5f3.png

sensui-tomo

I'm also waiting for the english version just because in the off chance its locked to its servers only, i know i can play with 2 (possibly 3) of my other friends on the same server (I convinced them to import and when we found out the english version was happening... well we insta pre-ordered that)

Luigi87

Okay for people wondering what it will be on the HK PSN, the PS4 Chinese/Korean version is HK$509, and the Vita HK$429. I imagine the English version will be the same price.

That's roughly $65 and $55 USD respectively... not adding in bank conversion fees, plus markups for buying HK PSN cards.

Already have my preorder! Playasia was nice enough to switch my previous preorder of the game to the English sub version! Also for fellow Gunpla Gaf if your interested I (when I get new gundam/gunpla kits) have a "video series" called Gunpla Radio...(please let me know what you think if you get around to watching lol)

If the customization is that deep then count me in! I always wanted to make my own mobile suit. What concerns me is the number of parts.

Top Bottom